Psyllium Husks - how many?

Artyjoe

I've just got a jar so I don't experience constipation on CD, haven't experienced it yet but passed a rugby ball last time I was on the programme so thought I'd try these.

The box says 2 tablets 3 times per day, before meals...

This sounds excessive and obviously I am not having 'meals'.

What does everyone else take? 6 a day just sounds wrong to me! :confused:

Thanks - Joe

Most of us use the husks which we add to shakes to make porridge of add to soups to thicken them.

So I cant help you with the tablets I'm afraid.

Eek! Didn't want to get those as thought they might taste of something or other. If I don't get a response I'll have to take them back as I'm unsure that 6 is too many.

Do you use a lot of the powder form?

hey i use the husks i put a heaped table spoon in with my butterscotch shake and 200ml of hot water and i make a porridge, its lush i love it very thick...

Anyone using the capsules?

Am beginning to think I got the wrong stuff!

Not using the capsules - sorry! But I will say, the powder was a little strange at first (not taste, just consistency), but now my shakes just seem strange without them. They just give a little more bulk to them and make them more satisfying - especially the soups.

I used the capsules. I think I took 6 a day. 2 with each meal. You could start with that (or even less) and see how it suits. Any signs of things bunging up, then increase the level before it gets bad.

Thanks for this, will maybe try 2 tonight and then 2 in the morning and skip lunch and see how I go...then when they run out get the powder!

Capsules are fine - but the powder helps make the packs more of a 'meal'. The amount stated is fine too - remember to drink a big glass of water after your meal containing PH so it can SWELL and do its work efficiently :)

I haven't seen them in a chemist - health food shops are the best bet - but Healthspan is the best place to get them ... super-fast delivery and about the cheapest.

Here's the link

Psyllium Husks Digestive Fibre - 300g tub

One thing to point out is that you should buy PURE psyllium husks with NOTHING added ... no pre-biotics of pre-biotics or whatever they're called.
Only the pure husks are carb and cal free.

Hi, I take the capsules. 2 x three times a day. Its been ok, keeps me regular (well only once every three days!!) I think start with taking the required amount and see how you feel. I felt the same when i first bought them, i too felt it was a bit much as we are not actually eating, but once i started to take them it was fine. Hope this helps.

Back