A Little Help if poss ..

reluctant_whale

Hi All,

Starting tomorrow for the first time ever. Pumped and ready to go. Just a bit concerned / confused about one element. Saw my CDC tonight for initial weigh in etc and decided on SS+ (not with a meal, but 200ml of skimmed milk) but she has given me 3 meals per day, I have opted for a porridge, milkshake & soup. I have got home and sat down with the Cambridge book and it says, "you will eat either four CWP products plus 200ml skimmed milk OR Three products and a 200Kcal meal".

Obviously as I only have 3 meals per day I am concerned I won't be getting enough calories or will be doing it wrong.

On the other hand my CDC has 12 years experience and im sure it's me panicking over nothing!!!

Thanks guys n dolls! x

I am only one day one .... :eek:, ive not actually eaten anything yet because I rarely eat until midday at work (tut tut I know) so ive got a banana and a strawberry tetra in my bag, one for lunch and one for my "slump" when I am always desperate for something sweet in the afternoon. Going to have chicken and mushroom soup for dinner ... ask me later on again and im sure ill tell you IM STARVING! lol, im a night eater !

Hehe, me too!! I am fine all day until about 5 then I really really struggle, especially when my OH has his dinner. Suddenly salad has seemed more appealing than err before!! I usually don't fancy breakfast either... Trouble is that after the second day I woke up starving so have to have breakfast shake now! However, cup of tea or coffee (with milk lol, thanks for your post!!) to chase it usually gets me going. Hence the need for non food distractions at night. I know people also split their shakes in to six small meals to space it out. Oooo also when you are making shakes at home blend them with loads of ice... Makes a huge difference! I'm guessing you may be approaching your lunch shake, which did you go for? X

Well ... funnily enough ive not had my second Tetra - the first one was so disgusting I can't face the other one!! I leave work at 4 so when I get home I am going to try and porridge. I knew I would struggle with the milkshakes as I really, really don't like milkshake. I am going to get the blender out tomorrow and wizz one up with some ice to make it thicker and I am sure I will enjoy it more, I just really don't like runny shakes. I literally bawked all the way through the banana one (only got one banana as my CDC said not many people like it!!) ... will update again later! How is your day going? x

Think ive done pretty well on water. I have drank lots of tea too ... I can't help it, as long as there is a cup of tea available all is good with the world. Brought some Ketostix today to test Ketosis but probably wont look until at least Monday otherwise ill only be disappointed!

Had the porridge ... RANK! Text my CDC and she is letting me swop them for soups tomorrow .. I really like the chicken and mushroom soup .. and ive put some ice cubes in the fridge to make a thickened shake tomorrow .. going to start with chocolate :) xx

Urgh, yeah i can't stand the porridge. I'm definitely a shakes girl. Looking forward to being able to have the bars too. Makes work and going out a bit easier. Day 5 for me today and i feel quite a lot less bloated. It's my brothers 21st bday meal today though. On the plus side in going to feel much more confident in my new dress. Downside is that it's a three course meal in a nice restaurant. Help!!!

Ive made a chocolate and a strawberry tetra into a shake by piling in the ice ... Hilariously because i used so much ice the strawberry one grew into a pint glass ... Certainly filling (;

Hi im starting CD on wed and i could cry reading the posts. Although i know i have to do it! But im goin to give it a try! Im just dreading the 1st three days it will be torture as Im the type i always feel dizzy shaky etc if i dont eat for a few hours. If its not agreeing with me how long does it take to come out of ketosis and can i eat normally? X

LouMo said:
Hi im starting CD on wed and i could cry reading the posts. Although i know i have to do it! But im goin to give it a try! Im just dreading the 1st three days it will be torture as Im the type i always feel dizzy shaky etc if i dont eat for a few hours. If its not agreeing with me how long does it take to come out of ketosis and can i eat normally? X

I was told by a wise nutritionist to take some essential amino acids glutamine and or phenyl alanine (check with health food shop youcan take then first) and they realt do stop the caffiene and sugar withdrawal - she read an article from an American addition clinic :0) I can vouch it does work :0)
Good luck with your CD - it really all is in the mind if you are talking about finishing before you start then are you really going to give it a good go??? You have to have will power for sure but if you want it you will succeed - give it a bash and I hope you survive the first 3 days :0)

Hi, can I gatecrash this post. Just want to say that I'm on day 5 again after coming off the plan over Christmas. It hasn't been too bad getting back into ketosis this time but stick with it. The losses I had in the run up to Christmas were amazing and the difference I feel is FAB, it comes off so fast it really is worth sticking with.

Also, this week I am doing 3 shakes/soups/tetras and 200ml of skimmed milk. It's not quite SS+ but my CDC said to try it. I was telling her that over Christmas I drank so much tea I really missed not having it. We are going to see if my weight loss changes because of the extra calories. I'll let you know.

And finally, I've been making my products into 6 portions this week as I was finding the soups too thick and it spaces them all out more evenly through the day. Seems to be working for me. Roll on next week when I can have the bars again as I really miss them ..... my hubby has them stashed away so I can't cheat as they are yummy LOL

Good luck for your first weigh-in's xxx

LouMo said:

You sound really worried, don't be! Yes the first 3-4 days are hard but once you get past them it's pretty super easy - but only if you really Want to do it and you sound a but unsure. If you don't mind me asking, what made you choose Cwp?

If it helps I used to get sooooo grumpy ad shaky if I didn't eat even for a few hours but actually once you get past the first couple of days it is so liberating not to feel that way.

Also, it's pretty easy to bounce straight out of ketosis, all you'd need to do is have a price of toast or something lol!

Alderney said:
Hi, can I gatecrash this post. Just want to say that I'm on day 5 again after coming off the plan over Christmas. It hasn't been too bad getting back into ketosis this time but stick with it. The losses I had in the run up to Christmas were amazing and the difference I feel is FAB, it comes off so fast it really is worth sticking with.

Also, this week I am doing 3 shakes/soups/tetras and 200ml of skimmed milk. It's not quite SS+ but my CDC said to try it. I was telling her that over Christmas I drank so much tea I really missed not having it. We are going to see if my weight loss changes because of the extra calories. I'll let you know.

And finally, I've been making my products into 6 portions this week as I was finding the soups too thick and it spaces them all out more evenly through the day. Seems to be working for me. Roll on next week when I can have the bars again as I really miss them ..... my hubby has them stashed away so I can't cheat as they are yummy LOL

Good luck for your first weigh-in's xxx

Hello! Well done on getting through it, any news on your wi? I have mine tomorrow but bit anxious because I had a bit of a
Blow out last night. It's was my brothers 21st and a family meal had been planned for ages so i couldnt not go. Had scallops for starter, a few nuts, steak and salad (ok and a few
Chips, but i gave most of them away) and a few spoonfuls of pudding. I have been 100% the rest of the time so I'm hoping that it doesn't affect it toooo much. Would be the first flipping week I have that in the diary haha!

Hi thanks for replying guys. I am really up for the challenge just dont want to be unwell :( when it comes to suffering im a big baby lol. I done ww for 6 months 2 years ago and lost 2 stone but just cant seem to shift any more its came to a hault without me having to do daily rigorous exercise. I have a party on 3 march would be great to make a difference before then. Can anyone advise me what to do then can i just come off and have some food snd then back on it? As i want to continue into maintenance until my holidays in july x

Loumou, maybe just start by contacting your local CDC - if you havent already. They will help you find a program that works for you. There are different stages, starting with just shakes up to shakes and a meal a day etc. Your CDC will be happy to talk you through it all and find the best one for your lifestyle and goals. Either way you definitely have time to make a difference before your event!! Go for it!! Re: the eating. You can go back to it straight away. I did yesterday for a big family event, but I do expect a lower loss as a result. The only
Thing is it knocks you out of ketosis so it can be a bit of a struggle going back to shakes the other side. Having said that I really enjoyed my meal yesterday but was more thAn happy to have shakes today! This is a first for me because usually one blow out leads to a whole weekend, then into the week etc ....

Let us know your loss Katie! It's peoples news that keeps me going towards my first weigh in :) !!

Back