Puddings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the clafoutis today. you know it was actually pretty nice. I think it may have worked better on some kind of biscuity base (but then there's loads of syns involved if you do that I guess). I made it for 4 of us, it says it serves 8, but i figured we'd want double portions, but we just had 1 normal portion each which was fine. For only 1 syn!! It was pretty creamy. I actually made mine with a combination of vanilla muller light, 0% natural yoghurt and quark as I didn't have the 500g fromage frais, but it worked fine. The cherries were lovely and juicy too. I will make it again, it looked alright but I don't think it would be good enough as a 'show off' dessert, for taking to a party etc, but yeah, it was nice.

:)

Emerald
X

3674686210a7176982073l.jpg

not impressed at my chickpea cake......fair point

I know this was a while ago but my Abby looks just like this....and she pulls that face....LOVLEY!!!...Gread dogs...shame about the drool though....No body ever really warns you, where the drool will go.

he he....

Not really a recipe, I got this idea from a womens magazine (not SW)

Take 1 apple and take the core out with a corer, then pop a Rolo (1 syn each) in the hole in the middle.
Pop the apple in an ovenproof dish and bake until the apple is squishy.
Really sorry that I don't know oven times etc but I am just going by memory!

Havn't tried this yet but I luuuurve baked apples so bet it's really yummy!

Treats Mouse Mousse

Free on green day and I think also on red day YAY!! Makes one pint.

1 pkt gelatine I used powder
4 teaspoons of canderel
I banana
quark
Food colouring

Boil kettle and get jug that goes to 1 pt or over.

Pour in gelatine and add water to half pint.

Fill up to 1 pint with quark add sugar... you may like it sweeter so you can add more. I added a touch of yellow colouring to make it look like custard hehe.

Chop up banana or any free fruit that you like and put in your dish that you are using to set and serve it in.

Pour mixture over the fruit , quick stir and leave to set.

Now you can either share or eat all yourself..... enjoy :D

Remember if you juice or mush any fruit that will then have syns in it.. so just chop lol

For a luxurious chocolate treat without the Syns, try our yummy Ferrero Rocher alternative: Crumble 8 Scan Bran into a bowl and mix in 1 tbsp water, 4 level tbsp Nutella and 1 level tbsp syrup. Divide into little bun cases and leave in the fridge to set. Makes 20 delicious treats for just 1 Syn each! Good enough to share (if you can bear to!)

our consultant made these last week and brought them to class for us they are gorgeous..need a drink with them though lol :D

Ohh man they have nutella in them... I know EXACTLY what'd happen to the leftover nutella.

Hmmmm...

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

ENJOY

One of my new favourite desserts is a pot of Total 0% Greek Yogurt with 3-4 tsps of Hartley's Best Damson Jam on top (or whatever flavour you like best) for 1/2 syn per tsp. It's pretty close to a cheesecake (minus the biscuit base) and a great replacement for the cherry compote and yogurt combo I love from M&S - 300 cals a pot and not low fat so must be a squillion syns. Almost as yummy and totally SW friendly.
:innocent0002:

That sounds lovley Little Bottle, thank for that.
I've been fancying jam. Didn't realise the Hartleys ones were free!?

Not sure if anyone post this already as i just scanned through this is my fave ever cause it's so simple, any chocolate highlights 1 .5 syns mixed with fromage frais no syns and then if you want to be extra naughty which i always am couple of spoonsful of creme fresh on the top i forget the syn value but it's not mental so not to worry too much !!! This has stopped me binging on chocolate so many times it's unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back