Puddings

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i tried the Ferrero Rocher recipe but with ryvita coz i didnt have scan bran very nice will be making it again thanks

Low Syn Trifle (3 syns for the whole bowl)

Ingredients:
2 packets of Hartley's sugar free strawberry jelly crystals
1 mullerlight yogurt of your choice
strawberries
1 pot of quark
sweetener (Canderel i used)
vanilla essence

Make the first packet of jelly up, put in a large bowl with the strawberries and leave to set in fridge.

Make up the second packet of jelly, add the mullerlight yogurt to the jelly and add the next layer to the trifle. Leave to set....

then mix the pot of quark in a large bowl with sweetener and vanilla essence until it tastes as sweet as you want it.
Add to the trifle. Leave to set for 30 mins.
Yummy!!

Eat the whole lot and don't feel guilty for only 3 syns!
See the trifle on the link below.....
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1378305&l=220ad90001&id=749772576

Low Syn Chocolate Cake

Serves: 6
Syns per serving:
3½ Syns on Green and Original
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
100g bran flakes cereal
250ml boiling water
2 eggs
6 heaped tsp of drinking chocolate
½ cup sweetener
Method
1. Pour the boiling water on to the All Bran in a large bowl and mix well.

2. Add the eggs, drinking chocolate and sweetener and beat the mixture until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.

3. Put the mixture into a 6½ inch round plastic tub or other suitable microwaveable dish, smooth the top with a large spoon or flat knife, and microwave on high for 6 minutes. I don't have a microwave so did mine in the oven for 20 mins on gas mark 6.

4. Turn the cake out on to a plate, cut into 6 slices and enjoy!

See the link below for the choc cake photo....
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2540713&l=4f25e7aa66&id=749772576

usually can get them in class, but have seen on here that holland and barret may stock them :)

Hot Banana Curly Wurly Chocolate Pudding
Oh just made this and it is lush.....

3 Bananas
1 Curly Wurly
1/4 of tub of Fromage Frais
1 Chocolate Options.

Serves Three
3 Syns per serving (well just under)

Lay the banana on it's side and make a slit all the way down in the skin.

Cut the Curly Wurly into small pieces and push into the exposed banana through the slit.

Wrap them in tinfoil and put them in the oven for 15-20 mins on gas mark 7.

Mix the options and fromage frais together.

When the banana is ready it will be soft and the curly wurly will have melted. Gently lift the banana from the skin and put the chocolate fromage frais over.

Yum Yum:p

Low Syn Trifle (3 syns for the whole bowl)

Ingredients:
2 packets of Hartley's sugar free strawberry jelly crystals
1 mullerlight yogurt of your choice
strawberries
1 pot of quark
sweetener (Canderel i used)
vanilla essence

Make the first packet of jelly up, put in a large bowl with the strawberries and leave to set in fridge.

Make up the second packet of jelly, add the mullerlight yogurt to the jelly and add the next layer to the trifle. Leave to set....

then mix the pot of quark in a large bowl with sweetener and vanilla essence until it tastes as sweet as you want it.
Add to the trifle. Leave to set for 30 mins.
Yummy!!

Eat the whole lot and don't feel guilty for only 3 syns!
See the trifle on the link below.....
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1378305&l=220ad90001&id=749772576

I'm making this for the first time to have tonight! I've got the first lot of jelly in the fridge setting now! Looking forward to it!
Thank you for the recipe!

I love this thread! ♥

This thread is quite frankley....amazing! Thanks for all the ideas people. I have just started slimming world, and this forum. First proper weigh in tomorrow! eeek....but I have a very sweet tooth, and thought that would be bye bye to anything sweet when I started....oh how wrong I was!
I am going out in a bit to get stuff for chocolate cheesecake. Ooooh...
I am going round my friends tomorrow, and she is cooking a syn free dinner, and I am bringing the (reasonably) syn free desert hee hee. :)

syn free pancakes with maple syrup

Living in canada I just had to try the syn free pancakes with some maple syrup and omg they are delicious.

1 tablespoon of maple syrup is 2 syns and I served mine with banana and blueberries.

Choccy cheesecake

0.5 sins per serving (Serves 4)

Ingredients;
227g/8oz very low fat cottage cheese
113g/4oz very low fat natural fromage frais
1 sachet Ovaltine Options, chocolate (2.0sins)
Canderel, to taste
1 Egg
Method;
Preheat the oven to 180C,350F or Gas Mark 4.
Place the cottage cheese, fromage frais and chocolate option in a liquidizer,
add some Canderel to taste and blend until smooth.
Beat the egg and fold into the chocolate cheese mixture. Pour into an
ovenproof dish and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Allow the

cheesecake to cool before serving.

Yeah....I tried this. It tasted quite nice, but looked a little like nasty sausage meat! ha ha. Didn't take that round my friends house for desert hee hee. It was nasty looking, watery, and yeah....not so good. It was probably more due to my cooking rather than the receipe!

Serves 4

Preparation time 15 minutes

chilling and freezing time 2-3 hours

2.5 syns per serving.. on both green and original days

Ingredients....

1 level tbsp cocoa powder
2x 150g pots total 0% fat greek yogurt
2x mullerlight toffee yogurts
1 sachet cadbury dark chocolate highlights
1 sachet raspberry sugar-free jelly
5oz/142g red seedless grapes
1 mullerlight cherry yogurt
4 nestle matchmakers

what to do.....

(1) Mix the cocoa with a littel boilling water to make a paste, add one pot of the greek yogurt,the toffee yogurts and the hightlights powder,Mix. transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally untill frozen

(2) Make the jelly according to packet instructions. Divide the grapes between four glasses reserving 12 for garnish.Pour over the jelly and chill untill set.

(3) Mix the remaining greek yogurt with the cherry yogurt and spoon over the jelly. Top with a scoop of the frozen yogurt mixture and serve with the reserved grapes and a matchmaker broken into two pieces.....

Not sure if this is a recipe, or more of a concoction really! The other evening I had some milk left from my HEXA and a HEXB to use up, so I came up with this...

Pour some milk into a bowl and mix in a sachet of Options hot choc.
Add 28g Asda bananabix and a crumble in a ryvita (HEXB).
Heat up in the microwave.
Add a dollop of natural yogurt.

It's just like a hot, gooey chocolate pudding with cream on top - totally yummy and only 2 syns. I'm sure it would taste good with other cereals, too.

xx

hello can u please tell me where i can buy the gelatine from please and how much it is thanks so much Anna xxx

im about to make the Ferrero Rocher alternative as tried one in my class last week and i loved it mmmmmm yum yum lol

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

ENJOY

I have just made this but used fromage frais insted of quark it turned out lovely just fixed my desert/cake craving and so low in syns that i added 2 teaspoons of reduced sugar jam to the filling along with the sweetened fromage and a sliced banana and i sprinkled the finnished roulade with sweetner.

hello can u please tell me where i can buy the gelatine from please and how much it is thanks so much Anna xxx
You can get it in the supermarkets near the jellies. It about 70p a box and has about 4 or 6 packets inside.

Lots of people have posted the recipe for couscous cake. On it's own, I'm not so keen on it but I love it made into a sort of Eve's Pudding:

Make up the couscous cake mix with whatever flavour muller you like. I usually use vanilla.

Stew some apples (synned) or apple & blackberries is lovely sweeten to taste.

Put the fruit on the bottom of a casserole dish then put the cake mix on top to cover it. Bake in the oven as you would for the cake.

Lush with custard....here's a free recipe:

Egg Custard

½ pint skimmed milk
2 medium egg yolks
2 dessertspoons sweetener ( or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

Beat egg yolks with sweetener & vanilla.
Heat milk, but do not boil.
Whisk egg mixture and milk together, place in a bowl over a pan of hot water and whisk
[FONT=&quot]Until thickened - do not allow to boil or you'll end up with sweet scrambled eggs.[/FONT]

Oops................meant to say the egg custard is free if you use the milk from your HEA

Lemony mousse
(4 servings, 1/2 syn each)

Packet sugar free lemon jelly
Grated zest and juice of a lemon
200g very low fat fromage frais
2 egg whites beaten to soft peaks

Dissolve jelly in 200ml of boiling water, add lemon juice and zest and allow to cool.
blend well with the fromage frais and put in the fridge to set.
When it's the consistency of mayonnaise, gently fold in the egg whites.
Pour into four glasses and chill until set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back