Puddings

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a luxurious chocolate treat without the Syns, try our yummy Ferrero Rocher alternative: Crumble 8 Scan Bran into a bowl and mix in 1 tbsp water, 4 level tbsp Nutella and 1 level tbsp syrup. Divide into little bun cases and leave in the fridge to set. Makes 20 delicious treats for just 1 Syn each! Good enough to share (if you can bear to!)

I made the above but with Ryvita wholegrain instead & they were YUMMY! I only got 15 out of it though and I now have no idea of the syn value of each or really of it all.. I eat 5 though and could of quite happily eat them all! It was a good job family were here to eat the rest.
can any help with syn value's??
x

raspberry "nice-cream"

Yum yum, so excited I had to post pronto. I put 28g of philadelphia into half a pot of quark last night.
This evening (24hours later) I put in some Total %, a sachet of white options (2.5 syns) and 1 small teaspoon of rasberry jam, mixed it all up, put in the freezer for 45 mins and it is seriously amazing - creamier than Hagen Dazs and I would be more than happy to serve it as a decadent dessert at a dinner party.
Next time i will play around and see do i need so much philly (if at all) and so on.....
Anyway, the freezing idea really worked well here.
Anyone missing their ice creams should have a go....for me, it's up there with Hagen Dazs strawberry cheesecake flavour ice cream and so much lower in syns xxx

...just struggling to finish it now. I love SW!!

Just wondered if anyone has made the key lime pie from the new mag. I had it on xmas day and nobody knew it was sw recepie till I told them. They all loved it so today I thought I would try it with the orange sf jelly and orange muller light yogurt and added small splash of fresh orange juice and it was just as good. Will now have to try a strawberry version lol. If you need the recepie for key lime pie just give me shout and I will post it if anyone wants to try.
I would like the recipe please:D, I cannot find where I put my mag :sigh:

I did not like this at all. It was nasty. Maybe I did something wrong.

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

ENJOY

WOW i have just made this, i have 1 word, YUMMY!!!! XX:)

Just wondered if anyone has made the key lime pie from the new mag. I had it on xmas day and nobody knew it was sw recepie till I told them. They all loved it so today I thought I would try it with the orange sf jelly and orange muller light yogurt and added small splash of fresh orange juice and it was just as good. Will now have to try a strawberry version lol. If you need the recepie for key lime pie just give me shout and I will post it if anyone wants to try.

Right....found it:

8 digestives
2oz/57g low fat marg for baking (suggests flora light)
1 sachet sugar free lemon and lime jelly crystals
2 tsp powdered gelatine
4 limes
green food colouring (optional)
400g muller light vanilla yog
7oz/198g quark
7 tbsp artificial sweetener

1. Put biscuits in a bag and crush with a rolling pin. Melt marg in a pan and combine with crushed biscs. Press biscuit mix into bottom of a 7"/18cm loose bottom tin and chill in fridge.
2. make jelly with 1/4 pt boiling water, stir in gelatine and allow to cool. Grate zest from 2 limes and squeeze jiuce from all 4 limes.
3. place cooled jelly in food processor with juice, food colouring, yog, quark and 6 tbsp sweetener. Blend until smooth and spread over biscuit base. Cover and chill over night.
4. Make candied lime by heating the zest, remaining sweetener and a little water for about 8 minutes or until liquid has evapourated. Set zest aside on some parchment until needed.
5. Remove from tin and decorate with candied zest.

Serves 8 - 5 syns per slice on all plans

chocolate orange cheesecake

I have just made this and its really nice, you can add any flavour really, but I used orange.

recepie:

100g dark chocolate
50g rice krispies (or non branded)
2 tbl spn golden syrup
3 leaves of gelatine
400g quark or other soft cheese
4 tbl spn of icing sugar
essence (vanilla/orange/mint etc...)
2 large egg whites
sliced orange (if using orange, or sprigs of mint if using mint)
7inch sping lined tin, lined with baking parchment

method:

grate a few bits of chocolate to decorate and melt the rest in a bowl over water or in the microwave.

for the base: tipped puffed rice into a bowl with golden syrup and half of the melted chocolate, mix well, spoon mixture into cake tin, press down well and set in the fridge while making the topping.

for the topping:
place gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water to soften (for 3-5 mins) sqeeze excess water out and melt over hot water or in a microwave (I nuked it for 10 secs).
warm half of the cheese mixture in microwave for 30 secs or until just warm to touch. add gelatine and mix well, beat in the other half of soft cheese, with icing sugar and essence of choice, add the remaining chocolate and beat again.
whisk the egg whiltes until stiff, fold into chocolate mixture, pour mixture over base and leave in the fridge until set.

remove from the spring tin, and sprinke the chocolate on top and add orange slices, or mint sprigs, which ever you are using.

this is 7 syns for 1/8 of the cake or 9 syns for 1/6 depending how indulgent you are feeling!

cheesecake.jpg

I made some of the chick pea cake for my group today...it went down very well. Put lots of vanilla and almond flavour in and everyone thought it tasted like battenburg! LOL. The only down side was although I thought the chickpeas were free the consultant advised they have a sin value if used to bake with...came home and called sw and it is 15 syns for the chickpeas...not quite the low sin cake originally thought, still delish but not 0 syn

I made some of the chick pea cake for my group today...it went down very well. Put lots of vanilla and almond flavour in and everyone thought it tasted like battenburg! LOL. The only down side was although I thought the chickpeas were free the consultant advised they have a sin value if used to bake with...came home and called sw and it is 15 syns for the chickpeas...not quite the low sin cake originally thought, still delish but not 0 syn

I am glad you posted that, cause its so easy to assume that stuff is free after we have made it into something yummy, when infact it has a syn value and could affect our losses.

I guess to just eat chickpeas is hard to over eat on, and a cake is quite easy to over eat on! lol

It's really strange though, SW seems to change its mind about certain things.....says in my syn value book that all pureed fruit and veg have syn values, yet in my SW free foods recipe book some of the soups are blended, and still free. They're both published by SW so it's a little confusing!!! I'm making SW carrot cake tomorrow anyway so if it's good i'll put the recipe up!!!

xxx

hi how do i make low sins choclate sauce .thanks

I've never tried to make any, I suppose the best thing would be to use a packet of Options hot chocolate (2 syns per packet) and some elmlea single cream (1syn per tablespoon)

...or a tablespoon of nutella (4 syns per tbsp) dissolved in some skimmed milk or dissolved in some toffee or vanilla yoghurt.

Depends how much you're making how chocolatey you can make it I guess!
Let me know if you get a good recipe!!

Lemon Meringue

Hi
I'm just making my first batch of lemon meringue from the recipe on here. Be done in 5. My first post too so Hello ! :wavey:

Marie xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back