Puggso_32 - In the 11s :-D

Hi Puggso, I've been reading through your diary and am so impressed with how well you've done. You must be so proud of yourself! Congratulations!

Thank you everybody!!!!!

Today kind of fell on it's erse! We probably started too early meaning about about 6pm it was quite boring. Drink was having little affect on me so at the last minute I decided to get the last ferry back across the water and just come home. Don't even feel drunk in the slightest.

Decided to have a wee pig-out in celebration of hitting 12 stone and go a massive walk tomorrow to combat it.

Again, thank you everyone :)

14 April

4 crackerbread and spreadcheese - 100
Toast and butter - 200
Yoghurt - 75

I also tend to always have the same menus :D

Luckily I'm not someone who get's board easily!

Edit to add - Walkies time! :D

Good walk there....reckon about 670 calories burned which should counterbalance yesterday to a degree!

Also got that spray that I think Cat mentioned to me when I started on stir fries. Reading the back I think it will cut 130 calories down to about 4...which is a tad awesome!

Also seen it advertised so had to get one of these kitkat senses to try out. Awesome! If you are a calorie counter give them a try. Very nice.

So,

KitKat Senses - 165

Tea time!!!!

Stir fry - 150
Sauce - 108
NEW LOVE OF LIFE 1 CAL SRPAY OIL!!! - 6
5 crackerbread - 100
2 crackerbread with spread cheese as I cooked - 50
Yoghurt - 75

Total - 489

Also I have a wee bit of awesome news (not major I guess) but will take some explaining so will save for another post, possibly tomorrow.

NEW LOVE OF LIFE 1 CAL SRPAY OIL!!! - 6

It's fab and saves loads of cals too :D

Also I have a wee bit of awesome news (not major I guess) but will take some explaining so will save for another post, possibly tomorrow.

You can't come out with a comment like that and not say any more, I am in suspense. Please spill :confused:

Please!!!

Please!!!

It's nothing really that major, it's just very important to me. It just requires quite a bit of back story to which I cannot sit and write the now I'm afraid.

It's nothing really that major, it's just very important to me. It just requires quite a bit of back story to which I cannot sit and write the now I'm afraid.

Okay, will wait with baited breath, 'til I get in from work tonight :D

Just come across your new diary, great to read a bit of background and some great pics there. Looking forward to seeing your daily menus, hoping to steal some ideas!!

Gxx

Thank you very much, your pictures are a real inspiration!

16 April - You never forget how

Right well I said I had some news and the following is it...but background is needed first.

Almost 6 years ago exactly, when I was 15, I went out one night to kick a ball about with some mates...as was the way back then. At one point I was running after a ball that was in mid-air, with someone chasing me down too. So I stuck out my leg just to keep the ball moving.

Unfortunately I timed it terribly. My leg landed on the ball just as it hit the ground. My momentum pushed me forward and all my weight went onto my left knee which was out straight.

...I'll skip the part that makes people cringe.

So long story short I dislocated and double fractured it. Spent 4 days in hospital, being operated on in order to sort it out. I got a screw in my knee but the big thing was that my knee apparebntly would not remain in place when put back. So the surgeon used one of my quad muscles at my knee and wrapped it round the bottom of the knee cap so as to hold it in place.

I done that in late April/early May and it took until late August before I was discharged from physio therapy. To this day I have a slight limp.

So what has this got to do with anything I hear you all ask?

Well, as my physio said many a time, my knee was strong (not as strong as before) but confidence was my big issue. It took me a long time to try and do things involving my knee for fear of it dislocating itself again.

There were three things I really never done again; played football, swam and cycled. Football I couldn't do much as I didn't want to run on the knee. Swimming just felt like it would be odd and I wouldn't have full control of my leg.

I did however try to get on a bike. My knee could not bend as far as it could before and this proved to be my downfall as I simply couldn't get my left leg to work the pedal.

I always said out of everything my accident caused me to give up cycling was the one I missed the most.

So when I decided to lose weight I never joined a gym. Too many things I felt I wouldn't be able to do, so I simply walked a lot.

The other night my dad fixed a tyre on a bike for my wee brother as he suddenly got into a cycling kick again. Being the curious chap I am I decided to have a shot.

And that is when it happened....I had very little problems riding the bike at all! It was like I was 15 again zooming along the street. I didn't quite realise just how much I missed it.

I put this down to 2 factors.

1 - My walking over the last couple of years as strengthened my remaining three quads and gradually my knee has been able to bend much more.

2 - Losing 4 stone has probably helped my knees by not having as much strain on them leading to the left one feeling much better and therefore my confidence being increased.

So I went to bed last night, knowing the weather was to be good. Got up at about 10 to 7 and went a cycle. I have worked it out that I done about 13 or 14 miles in about 2 and a half hours. Out from my house, the along the dual carraigeway then along into Gourock along the front beside the river clyde.

Naturally it was hard going, I haven't cycled in 6 years and I had to stop now and then due to my hands being freezing (early morning April sunny is still not the warmest), my legs getting tired as although I walk a lot the upper leg is not the strongest and lastly my erse simply killing me. Bike seats should be made as comfortable as possible!

But it felt really good to be back doing it. It is something I have really missed but plan to do a lot more of in the future now.

And as if that is not all...I am going to play football this afternoon. I have no idea what to expect from this but it should be a good laugh at least.

About to go play football, decided best to have something to eat before it...but we are low on stuff, think the shopping is being done today. So I had:

2 egg omlette - 200
2 pieces plain bread toast - 226
Spray oil - 4

Oh that is great news about your knee! I bet you felt fab riding along! Well done!! Hope you enjoy the football, but be careful :D

Hi,

Hope the football went well. Great news about your knee.

I am concerned about your brother though, has he now lost his bike for good :D

Will you be having a go at swimming too?

It is great that you are now able to do these things, you must feel so proud of your achievement. Well done :)

Hi,

Hope the football went well. Great news about your knee.

I am concerned about your brother though, has he now lost his bike for good :D

Will you be having a go at swimming too?

It is great that you are now able to do these things, you must feel so proud of your achievement. Well done :)

The football went amazing. I have not had that much fun in a long time. I'm still very wary about certain things but when it's an 8-aside with people who are all generally gash at football I can hide myself quite well! :D

And unfortunately my older-younger brother - whose bike it actually is - seems to be getting into cycling too. And he is much taller than us 2 and wants to put the seat up to his height. Typical!!!!

Morning,

How are your legs today?

I wondered if they were aching after the burst of physical exercise yesterday :D

Morning,

How are your legs today?

I wondered if they were aching after the burst of physical exercise yesterday :D

They are a bit. More my thighs as my calves are superb as I walk all the time. Only part of my body I can claim as being toned!

But ach I noticed when I went in the shower (in a bath, so stepping over it) that it was a hell of a lot harder to do!

But no pain etc, walking into town and back to meet a mate today then got to walk to the train station as I have no lift for pipe band practice tonight.

17 April

I'm hurting now! Just whenever I need to use my thighs much, so stairs and going uphill are the killer.

Been out a long walk today with a mate just catching up and talking about stuff in general. Probably got a good 5 miles without trying.

And so far today I have had approx 1100 calories.

Now to pipe band practice, guaranteed at least another 2 miles of walking in order to get to train stations etc.

Whole site (well my subscribed threads) has been quiet lately....where is everyone? *knocks screen*

Back