Puggso_32 - THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE NEW THREAD (details within)

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over the past 15 months I have lost 1 and a half stones (or 21 pounds) simply through healthy eating and increased exercise, most of which is walking.

However by about September this year I had hit a complete brick wall. Nothing was being gained but at the same time nothing was being lost either.

Always been a fat guy and I was enjoying the change I had made physically in that time as pictures of myself prove I was getting slimmer, especially at the face and neck.

So with this brick wall still there I have decided to change my plan and on monday I will commence on a meal replacement diet mostly of shakes (store own brand - Tesco if you are in the UK ):) and water and the odd diet coke or something. The plan recommends 1 meal a day of up to 600 calories but I want to try it without the meal first and just an additional shake to see how it goes.

My family think I'm nuts doing it this close to Christmas but I have exams in January which I will be studying for constantly plus I figure if I can get past Christmas fine then I can get past anything.

My friends don't really know as it raises too many questions and watching eyes I find so instead of talking about it in my normal blogs I have found your site through google and look forward to telling the story of my (hopeful) weight loss.

I'm hoping for a loss of about 63 pounds. I'm very short for a guy (5'1") so that is quite a substantial amount for someone of my height.

I'll put in my starting weight on Monday in a weigh in thread, for tonight however I am going out on the booze for one last time as I plan to be completely sober during this.

Cheers for reading,

Puggso_32

That quote is from 15th of December 2007. One year ago today. My first post here. Can't believe I have been on this site 1 whole year...where the hell has it gone?

So let's compare it all

Over the past 15 months I have lost 1 and a half stones (or 21 pounds)

Now that is a total of 62lb or about 4 and a half stone. Or about 3 stone in 12 months.

I was enjoying the change I had made physically in that time as pictures of myself prove I was getting slimmer

And comparing pictures even from this time last year to now I love doing...probably even more so! You guys may have noticed ;)

The plan recommends 1 meal a day of up to 600 calories but I want to try it without the meal first and just an additional shake

That lasted 1 whole day...then a meal was chucked in! :8855:

My friends don't really know as it raises too many questions

Minus about 3 very close and trusted friends this remains the same.

I'm hoping for a loss of about 63 pounds.

I can't remember, but I'm assuming that meant in total from when I started on here. Giving me about 19 still to go, almost matching my ticker.

I'm very short for a guy

I'm still very short...and at 22 don't see that changing!

I'll put in my starting weight on Monday in a weigh in thread, for tonight however I am going out on the booze for one last time as I plan to be completely sober during this.

God I am funny aren't aye? Did I actually believe that would happen?!

Always been a fat guy

This bit I really like pointing out. As a few people have said lately - as I am now quite frank about mentioning to people I have lost weight and talking about it if people ask, except what I have done shake wise...I just say low calorie :) - and a few have stated they do not see me as a fat guy anymore.

It's an odd compliment, as people never say at the time you are the fat guy/girl, regardless how much you and everyone else knows it. But at the same time it is a great compliment.

So here we are. 1 year on. I'm not a student, I have accepted my receding hairline, and I'm much closer to my goal than I was 12 months ago.

So I guess I just want to thank all you lovely people for reading, commenting and being supportive.

Here's to the next 12 months!

empty.gif
928584azg37ws6rj.jpg

on your one year anniversary!!!!!!

Brilliant posts as usual dude! Don't come too close, I have that nasty cold thing...ewww...

CONGRATS and here's to the next 12 months fersure! Whee!

Brilliant posts as usual dude! Don't come too close, I have that nasty cold thing...ewww...

CONGRATS and here's to the next 12 months fersure! Whee!

Cheers,

and sorry to hear about the cold. Hopefully it passes soon! I've had my yearly cold already so hopefuly lightning wont strike twice!

Cheers,

and sorry to hear about the cold. Hopefully it passes soon! I've had my yearly cold already so hopefuly lightning wont strike twice!

Yearly cold????? you jammy dodger you. Ive had back to back colds for months now!

Yearly cold????? you jammy dodger you. Ive had back to back colds for months now!

I'm male ;)

We have it once and it is like we are on deaths door!

...except me as I still dragged my carcase into work for that week of hell. In fact I did 2 hours overtime one day simply because it was raining outside and I didn't want to go in it!

That quote is from 15th of December 2007. One year ago today. My first post here. Can't believe I have been on this site 1 whole year...where the hell has it gone?

So let's compare it all

Now that is a total of 62lb or about 4 and a half stone. Or about 3 stone in 12 months.

I was enjoying the change I had made physically in that time as pictures of myself prove I was getting slimmer

And comparing pictures even from this time last year to now I love doing...probably even more so! You guys may have noticed ;)

The plan recommends 1 meal a day of up to 600 calories but I want to try it without the meal first and just an additional shake

I can't remember, but I'm assuming that meant in total from when I started on here. Giving me about 19 still to go, almost matching my ticker.

I'm very short for a guy

Always been a fat guy

This bit I really like pointing out. As a few people have said lately - as I am now quite frank about mentioning to people I have lost weight and talking about it if people ask, except what I have done shake wise...I just say low calorie :) - and a few have stated they do not see me as a fat guy anymore.

It's an odd compliment, as people never say at the time you are the fat guy/girl, regardless how much you and everyone else knows it. But at the same time it is a great compliment.

So here we are. 1 year on. I'm not a student, I have accepted my receding hairline, and I'm much closer to my goal than I was 12 months ago.

So I guess I just want to thank all you lovely people for reading, commenting and being supportive.

well done, and here is to the next 12months :) :) :) :) xxxxx

You are one hell of an inspirational bloke...do you know that!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Oooh! Thanks for that! :D

...erm no? But I'll accept it!

Cheers for that, actually means a lot!

Accept it and shout it from the rooftoops m8 as it is so so true!! Bluddy incredible change...:D:D:D:D

Accept it and shout it from the rooftoops m8 as it is so so true!! Bluddy incredible change...:D:D:D:D

I'll save the shouting etc when a goal is reached ;)

Munched qutie a few choccies at work yesterday and a few guiness' last night.

Long hard slog at the gym today though!

Tonight...out with guys from uni. First will have saw most of them since our grad ball...it is gonna be carnage :D

So let's compare it all

I'm very short for a guy

Always been a fat guy

:hug99:

:clap: Well done!

Enjoy oneself BATMAN! i've already had a couplle of cherry liquers in the office today, even if they are one of the more vile forms of chocolate. BLEURGH. Going to have lunch at the beefeater in a bit too and then head home. Wish every working day was like this.. :D

x

Phew have just been catching up! & Feel the need to say two things:
1) Congrats on your one year anniversary!!
2) You're a huuuge (although obviously not huge anymore lol) inspiration! I hope in a year's time i've made as much progress as you did this past year
Merry Christmas!
x

Back