Puggso_32 - THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE NEW THREAD (details within)

Working in offices can get to you. Nothing other than the sheer abundance of chocolate that sits about the place. Have had to, since getting back from Christmas, sit with a tin of quality street at my desk...being topped up with whatever tins of sweets from elsewhere are almost empty.

Think I have had about 3 sweets over the course of 6 working days. That seems like an odd achievement to me..but I'll accept it :D

it's a bloody great achievement, i would have probably shovelled the whole lot in my mouth, WITH wrappers, all in one go. and knowing my luck wrappers are probably extremely calorific:p

;)

x

Not been to the gym since Sunday..back again tonight. Bloomin mother dearest forgot to get shakes today (I know..I'm a big boy etc but I don't get in the town much :p) so gonna have to head to Tesco before the gym. Oh well.

And now I remember why I stopped my WI in the morning...I keep checking the scales each day. Oh well...if going by today everything should be nice and dandy for Saturday :)

Thats a massive achievment.. god those yummy strawberry creams man.. have to hve willpower to avoid those..!! lol
Grats on your WI's and stoof..

Mwah
x x

Popping in to say HI, HAPPY NEW YEAR and to say well done and keep it up with the gym and the weight loss...way to go! Haven't been around for a bit, but hopefully soon that might change.

I'm really enjoying the gym these days.

I have shaken the uncomfortable feelings I had when I first started there and now simply do my workout in shorts and t-shirt rather than having a hooded jumped on too.

I have also noticed I am increasing what I do. The first upper body thing I did at the gym was that one where you bring your arms together infront of your face (I wish I could remember the name of it) and could only do it on 10kgs. Now I am up to 20kg. Also I have been decreasing how long it takes me to row 2km with it originally being just over 10 minutes and now is just over 9 minutes. Also a 10 minute on shot of the bike on level 18 today averaged a speed of 22km/h, I think the first time I tried that it was about 19km/h.

I also really enjoy the high I get when leaving the gym. It takes some motivation to get me to go in the first place but I know the feeling leaving is good enough to make it worth it.

...oh and WI tomorow!

Yes, I get the same endorphin and adrenaline rushes during and after the gym, it seems to set in motion a feel good thing that keeps you coming or going back...and if you miss out on the gym like over the hols, etc, you really itch to get back into it again simply because of the good stuff your body remembers, even though it is hard graft...

Way to go!

And I think you mean the pec deck (upper body thingie) I am aiming for a 4 minute 1000m row now (well my personal trainer reckons that is what I ought to be doing it in!), so yeah it gets easier, faster, you can push harder and for longer as well as lift heavier...AND it makes you feel and look great...

Yes, I get the same endorphin and adrenaline rushes during and after the gym, it seems to set in motion a feel good thing that keeps you coming or going back...and if you miss out on the gym like over the hols, etc, you really itch to get back into it again simply because of the good stuff your body remembers, even though it is hard graft...

Way to go!

And I think you mean the pec deck (upper body thingie) I am aiming for a 4 minute 1000m row now (well my personal trainer reckons that is what I ought to be doing it in!), so yeah it gets easier, faster, you can push harder and for longer as well as lift heavier...AND it makes you feel and look great...

A 4 minute 1km! Impressive! Is that with the rower set to 10? I might give it a try, if I'm doing 2km in 9 minutes I can't be far off that!

Yeah I've gotten used to the damper being at 10 now...can row further faster too I think with it set higher...might have a play tomorrow just to check my theory...yep, you'd probably beat me in a rowing race as men have the upper body to fall back on even though one should row primarily with the legs...

1 down :)

It was the pec-deck...good call! :D

Really hard slog at the gym today. Did all the times I wanted on the machines, I usually cut down the ones later on. And did all the weight stuff I like to do.

I want to make a vow here;

This week I am going to follow the diet to the word. 2 shakes a day and a meal. I rarely do this exact so I want to see how the results go.

I'm doing the gym tomorrow, Monday, Wednesday and Friday as I can't make next Saturday.

Hopefully this will give a really good WI next Saturday before I spend a day on the lash up at Celtic Connections 09. :)

Best o' luck with the sticking to the diet...way to go with the gym! You've made me rethink my diet choices with your vow...

Best o' luck with the sticking to the diet...way to go with the gym! You've made me rethink my diet choices with your vow...

Oh I meant to say..did the 1km in 4 minutes and 10 seconds. Done the 2km in 8 minutes 50 seconds.

That 4 minute kilometre is hard going!

That's brilliant dude! Seriously...well everything I say is pretty much serious, but you know what I mean.

Dammit dammit dammit!

No shakes in the house!!!

*drinks lots of tea*

I have gave the gym a miss today...simply because after last nights drinking I am in complete tatters!

I have managed to cut both my hands and my forehead...go me!

I think I should lay off the booze again for a while :)

I went to Tesco just there and got a shake for today and two for tomorrow. All I have had today is 2 cups of tea, bottle of diet irn bru and a bottle of Doctor Pepper Z and a shake. Tea time soon though.

...don't even know if my stomach can handle it!

Oooh dear...hope you're feeling alright soon!

Back