Puggso_32 - THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE NEW THREAD (details within)

puggso_32

Right to the 'point'
Welcome one and all to what will be the final diary of yours truly...as I plan not to need any other again.

I am back on the shakes as of today after a really good weekend at the Cowal Highland games - the end of the pipe band season - which produced this

1732649835a8772760810ml.jpg

The best result I have ever had in a pipe band...which then followed a wild weekend.

I now have a job that I will be starting this coming Monday in Glasgow that means I will be a commuter. Scary thought!

So I plan to WI again weekly so as to keep a decent tab on everything and will do this on a Wednesday rather than a Monday like previous.

My signature has a track of what I want to do, up until Christmas. I want to lose 2lb a week at the minimum. If this was to be done I would be about 6lbs off my goal by Christmas. However I am hoping to have a few weeks of bigger losses so as come about Christmas I am were I want to be.

So, as I said, this will be the last diary. Hopefully will keep it up to date more with just my life in general. I guess you guys will get to hear my moaning about working and everything that will entail for me.

So thanks for stopping by..and stick around :)

Stephen

Edit to add - My new ticker is starting from the heaviest weight I have been up to now. The remaining 39 are from here onward.

Congrats for the success of your pipe band :D. And for getting a new job thats great.

Wishing you all the best in the future with everything. Will still keep popping in.

Gemma
xx

Took a bit to find you

Congratulations on the job

Irene xx

Kudos on finding me then :D

And thank you :)

Congrats for the success of your pipe band :D. And for getting a new job thats great.

Wishing you all the best in the future with everything. Will still keep popping in.

Gemma
xx

Thank you very much :D

Hopefully you get something sorted too! And I'm still reading yours, don't worry.

Come on tell us about the job

Irene xx

I don't know too much.

I got it through an agency and it is for about 6 months with Glasgow City Council. I'm covering for someone on maternity leave.

All I know is it is going to be general accounting duties.

It is more the experience - something my CV seriously lacks - that I want to get out of this job.

I'll be able to say more about it next week :D

Well done on the new job, like you say some experience will look good on your CV and you never know what it might lead to.

We had a lady start covering maternity leave and is still with us three years later, went from covering various maternity leaves to long term absences, then was offered a permanent position.

Glad you have started a new diary too!:)

Good luck for the job, well done for the trophy and keep at it for the weight loss :D:D xx

Well done on the new job, like you say some experience will look good on your CV and you never know what it might lead to.

We had a lady start covering maternity leave and is still with us three years later, went from covering various maternity leaves to long term absences, then was offered a permanent position.

Glad you have started a new diary too!:)

It's always a thought too that. Someone said to me something like 70% of those who go off on maternity don't come back to their job!

Cheers :)

Cheers you two.

Busy couple of days ahead.

Piping at a funeral in under an hour. Tonight I'm out on the piss. Tomorrow I'm piping a wedding then a couple of drinks with folks from the band. Saturday is either the first part of a stag do or watching the Scotland game followed by a mates 21st in the evening.

Busy busy busy!

Congrats on the job. Have been following your diary and fair play to you for your conviction to losing weight even though you have so much going on.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you :)

So last night, my only free Thursday ever - as next week I'll be up at half 6 in the morning on the Friday and I usually have pipe band that evening - I went to the pub my mates go to. £1.50 double voddies and mixer. Heaven? Yes!

Lucky if I'm sober now yet I have a wedding to pipe at in about 3 hours. Superb!

And I'm glad that, when drunk, I'm not that person who needs a kebab or that. think I stole some leftover rice when I came in or something and that's it!

So today I popped into Tesco for some random stuff. So started picking up ready made shakes too.

Basically for work I will take two shakes with me. I need to leave my house at about 10 past 7 to get the bus to Glasgow. From there I am about a 15 minute walk to work. I'll have my first shake then. Not before so that I am not hungry while working. I will then have the second shake during my lunch.

My mum has persuaded me to eat the dinner she makes. Something I haven't done in a long time. But I feel this will be better than micro meals etc. It means I'll struggle to count calories or portions (as she will have made it about an hour before I get in) but reckon a good proper meal will be fine. And then my usual home-made shake before bed.

Got it aaaaaaalllllll sorted...I hope!

As for today. Scotland game. So down to mates house to watch that. Hang about there then onwards to a mates 21st . So had a shake already, wont have another. Take my tea down to my mates and make it there then the rest of the night belongs to Auntie Alcohol.

Should work...SHOULD!

Right well my first day of work today. And it went very well.

Not talking about the work itself, that was fine if a bit repetitive. I mean diet of course. Took two shakes with me. Drank one walking from Glasgow bus station to my actual work, about a 15 minute walk.

You can go for lunch when you want. I'm not gonna whip out a shake in front of other people. I'm a guy, on basically slimfast, it's my first day with these people...I don't need that singling out early on! So I had my 'lunch' a bit later while walking around the area and discovering it all.

The rest of the afternoon was fine. They have a water machine in the building so that kept me going. Been in the house about 25 minutes now and I am hungry. Which is good I suppose. Will have my tea and then after that will be quite tired so hopefully my last shake for the evening will be more than enough as it will be early to bed.

And I quite enjoyed the job too!

Glad today was good. And you have it all sussed

Irene xx

Cheers Irene!

Bless my mammy. She picked up a meatball-sex-dish without me even asking. :)

And another thing. I have about a 20 minute walk to my bus in the morning and about the same at the other side.

So into google pedometer I went.

My big fear of working was losing all the walking I do. But in fact I am walking 4 miles a day! :eek: :eek: :eek: And I burn about 90 calories a time!

20 miles a fcuking week!!!!!!! Brilliant :D

Back