Purplebint's Diary

I think compared to my diet 18 months ago, the SW way was better as it helped me really focus on what I was eating, cooking, etc. But now I want more from my food, I want to be able to eat healthily and fuel the amount of exercise I do without filling up on lots of carbs. The Primal way seems to be helping me do that and cutting out all the processed stuff just has to be doing me good.

I know just from a week of cutting out diet coke, muller lights, splenda, ryvita and scan bran that my IBS-type symptoms have disappeared, I'm not feeling the urge to snack all the time as I'm still comfortably full from the last meal and I'm eating lots of tasty tasty things.

My syns are probably not even that much, but I just don't want to count them! hehe

I'm struggling to keep a day to day diary here as well as the one I have on My Fitness Pal, so I think I'm going to leave this one just for random updates and keeping up with some of you fine folk.

I have found that my issues tend to be led by my food conditioning. Many things have contributed to that over the last 25 years from relatives opinions, media coverage, health books/tv shows and in amongst it but probably top of the list, diets! SW was the best one. But only just recently did I eat an avocado without panicking! For goodness sake, it's healthy! And nuts. I love nuts...too fatty. It's not fat it's GOOD oil! But given only 2 heb I was never going to 'waste' one on nuts! I've realised that I'll probably never be 'normal' with food and that I like to have a 'plan' to follow. I have been playing with high protein, low carb for a couple of weeks and can feel that cutting out pots, rice, pasta, pulses really helps how I feel overall. Just got to stop the alcohol and I'll be laughing!!! So the paleo/primal thing is not a complete surprise. Trouble is, will I stick to it? Can I make it work long term?? Hmmmm... Looking forward to hearing how you get on. And since I don't eat eggs any menu ideas be great ;-) xxxx

How are you getting on? Don't let it take your eye off the prize my purple friend. It's easy to get waylaid by the promise of riches long dreamt of ;-) x

Eyes are still (blearily) on the prize. It's been the delightfully named star week, and there was a night out last Friday which involved at least two bottles of red wine. My food has all been on the primal plan though, and I managed to get a 1/2 lb loss. So just a 1/2lb away from my 5 1/2 stone shinies and I've now lost a total of 104.5lbs since my heaviest.

Primal-wise, it's awesome. I am full of energy and really enjoying eating some healthy fats again. My current favourite is aubergine,bacon and tomato stacks with lots of guacamole. 180812 » Om Nom 365

How are you doing GinMummy?

Hmmmm. How am I doing...I weighed myself today and now weigh the very heaviest I EVER have done! So it's not going so well at the moment!!!

Do you have any dairy? What resources have you used to get the info you need re primal? It's pretty darn good to lose even with wine :) x

Actually that's not true! I just checked - it's not quite my heaviest. But almost.

Have emailed you a big rambling email full of resourcey stuff.

Your recent weigh in is only a couple of pounds heavier than I am now, so 100lbs lighter than I started out ;)

3lbs off this week. Got me one of these :) -
IMAG2589.jpg

Ok, this week I will manage to be 100% *stern face*

Breakfast - Grapefruit and maple agave (2)

Lunch - Big bowl of salad with 1tbsp salad cream (2) + an apple

Dinner - Leftover chicken and spinach bake

Drinks

1 mug tea
1 mug green tea
1 pint NAS

Syns - 4

Exercise

Walk to library and round the village with the sprogs. 4.5km
Walk to Fat Club and back - 3km

u dont have may syns do u ?? how many do u have , or allowed now?? do u used a small plate ?

*dusts off thread*

Well, I'm back again. I have spent the last 18 months or so working really hard putting most of my weight back on *tuts at self*

I've joined SW online, dusting off my thread here and I will be shifting this blubber once and for all!

Now for the horrible job of updating my stats here and negating my progress, boooooooo!

Back