Purplebint's Diary

I used this as a base - http://www.minimins.com/sw-sizzling-summer-recipes/218827-instant-mash-pasties.html I did add an egg to the mash mixture though.

My filling was a bag of spinach, a handful of chopped red onion, 150g of feta and half a tub of quark. I just chucked that in a pan till it was all gooey, then filled the 'pastry' up and sealed it. That made 3 big pastries. One each for me and hubby, and one for tomorrow's lunch.

Thank you. I try them over the weekend.

Breakfast - Grapefruit and blood orange segments

Snack - Scan bran cake (1/2 hexb) and a cup of tea.

Lunch - Spinach pasty and fruit (hexa)

Dinner - Leek and lemon cheesy bake with crispy bacon. (4syns worth of cheese, 30g BGTY mature)

Pudding - scan bran cake, fat free yoghurt and some frozen cherries. (2syns for the SB cake)

Last edited:
Cheesy lemon leeks topped with crispy bacon

wpid-IMAG1700-1-1.jpg

Planned -

Breakfast - Grapefruit, blood orange and kiwi

Snack - scan bran cake and a cup of tea

Lunch - left over leeky bake

Dinner - Spicy veg and chicken curry, with syn free bhaji and some brown rice.

Thank you thank you thank you Purplebint. You have reminded me why I love SW and inspired me to get my act together food wise. I avoid EE because I am always nervous that I'll eat too much or use too many HE but reading your diary and looking at your photos has helped me enormously. Keep on posting. Lemony leeks...yum. I just happen to have some leeks lying about waiting to be used. Do you have a recipe? I'll go look at your blog now. So much food to be enjoyed. Thanks again x

Thank you :)

I tried doing red/green but was too easily confused and grumpy when I couldn't eat what I fancies. I'm an ex weightwatchers and hated that as I found it too restrictive. Extra Easy does what it says on the tin really :)

The lemony leeks is based on this recipe - Leek + Lemon Fettuccine : Riverford Organic Vegetables It's lovely with the pasta but great as a base dish without too. The capers and lemon zest really transform the leek flavour.

I use frylight instead of oil, quark instead of creme fraiche and a hexa of cheese instead of the parmesan.

Thank you :)

I tried doing red/green but was too easily confused and grumpy when I couldn't eat what I fancies. I'm an ex weightwatchers and hated that as I found it too restrictive. Extra Easy does what it says on the tin really :)

The lemony leeks is based on this recipe - Leek + Lemon Fettuccine : Riverford Organic Vegetables It's lovely with the pasta but great as a base dish without too. The capers and lemon zest really transform the leek flavour.

I use frylight instead of oil, quark instead of creme fraiche and a hexa of cheese instead of the parmesan.

Oh thank you. I am a big fan of quark. Reminds me of ricotta when baked. Transforms an otherwise boring plate of pasta! I'm off to look for frozen cherries and sugar free syrup. I may have to have caramel AND vanilla!!!! Love your blogs. :D

I wish there was more choice with the sugar free syrups, a cherry one and a butterscotch one would be absolutely wonderful!

On another forum I'm on we've got Secret Friends, you're paired with another anonymous forumite and send them presents/cards/notes stuff over the year as a way of keeping in touch/getting to know people.

My Secret Friend bought me a tagine! A purple tagine!

This but in purple - Sainsbury's Brights Tagine Cream - Casserole dishes - Roasting & casseroles - Cookware - Home & garden - Sainsbury’s

So today's lunch is a morrocan chicken dish. I marinaded some chicken pieces in Ras El Hanout overnight with some chopped up preserved lemon. This morning I've added a chopped onion, a butternut squash, a tin of tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic and a bit of chicken stock. Will make some sweet couscous to serve. (Plain dry couscous, veg stock, pinch of splenda and 25g of raisins covered with boiling water for 5 mins to plump up) 3.5syns for the whole lot to serve a family of 4, so will round up to a whole syn for my portion :)

It smells gorgeous

Breakfast - Poached eggs, beans and mushrooms

Snack - Scan Bran cake - (hexb), 1 x blood orange

Lunch - the tagine of wonder - 1syns worth of raisins

Dinner - leftover jalfrezi and onion bhajis

Snack - KitKat - 5.5syns.

I've had 6 cups of tea today which has used up most of my HEXa.

Tonight I am mostly making lots of jelly sweets for taster night tomorrow :)

Breakfast - Grapefruit and splenda

Snack - Penguin bar (5.5 syns)

Lunch - Leftover chicken tagine with a couple of leftover bhajis

Dinner - Cod, swede chips, mushy peas and pickled onions.

Weigh In for me this evening, I think I've STS but hoping for the half pound off so I can get my 4 stone shiny this week.

1lbs on for me yesterday, last weeks cocktails finally catching up
icon_verlegen02.gif

I'm not too fussed, gains and STS along the way is the way your body regulates itself as you go. I've still lost 5lbs this month which is bang within the recommended loss range.

Next week though, that sticker will be mine.

Breakfast - Porridge and a banana (hexb and milk from my hexa)

Snack - apple, some jelly sweets left over from taster night. (1syn)2 x scanbran, with cheese (2syns) and marmite

Lunch - Poached eggs, beans and mushrooms

Dinner - Slow cooked faggots in onion or chickpea gravy, swede and carrot mash and fried kale. (1.5syns)

Need to up the water and ditch the diet coke *nag nag nag*

Drinks

Water - 4 pints
Tea - 4 large mugs
Other - 1 pint of diet cherry coke (last of the bottle, all gone and will try not to buy anymore ;) )

Last edited:
Evening! Just checking in to your diary, you've got some yummy looking stuff on the go :D

If you don't mind me asking, how do you find Riverford? I've been an Abel & Cole girl on and off for a couple of years now but have been tempted to stray (mostly a price thing actually). Can you choose your delivery day? Do they let you cross of things you don't like? What's the quality like?

Sorry for thread derailment!

I tried Abel and Cole but found their prices far too high for the quality and quantity of the food.

Riverford only deliver on Wednesdays in my area, but might be different near you. You can see what's in each box every week, or make up your own box, or add in seperate bits of veg. I swap between seasonal and medium veg boxes depending what's in them, and get a fruit box every week too.

I really can't recommend them enough, I've never had a bad bit of food from them, occasional freebies when they have a glut, good customer service and you get a little recipe leaflet in each box too.

If you use this code you get your 3rd box free too - Jfboxveg : Riverford Organic Vegetables

Feeling back on track today. It's Riverford delivery day so will be doing my meal plan for the week later. I love meal planning day.

Today's food

Breakfast - Porridge and banana with hazelnut syrup (hexb)

Snack - 2 x scanbran, with cheese (2syns) and marmite, 1 x Orange.

Lunch - Poached eggs, beans and mushrooms

Dinner - Steak, chips, garlic mushrooms, red onion rings and loads of salad. Maybe some horseradish sauce.

Drinks
Water - 3 pint
Tea - 2 mug
Other -

Last edited:
I have sumac in my spice box, I shall have to try it on celeriac chips, thanks Binty x

Back