Purplebint's Diary

Breakfast - Porridge, cherries and hazelnut syrup (hexb)

Snack - apple

Lunch - Jerusalem artichoke,mushroom and bacon bake topped with a hexa of cheese. I was going to make these but have no baking parchment, so have just chucked it in a casserole dish and topped with bacon instead. Jerusalem Artichokes And Mushrooms In A Bag With Goat’s Cheese : Riverford Organic Vegetables

Snack - 2 x scan bran (2) + choc spread (4) - 6 syns.

Dinner - Slow cooked 40 clove garlic chicken today (not really 40 cloves, about 12), to go with lemony potatoes and some greenery

Drinks

2 pints water
1 mug normal tea
1 mug rooibos
1 mug coffee with hazelnut syrup.

Last edited:
Lunch - Jerusalem artichoke,mushroom and bacon bake topped with a hexa of cheese. I was going to make these but have no baking parchment, so have just chucked it in a casserole dish and topped with bacon instead. Jerusalem Artichokes And Mushrooms In A Bag With Goat’s Cheese : Riverford Organic Vegetables

I just can't do jerusalem artichokes and Riverford are VERY keen on sending them out week after week at the mo! I am on a box break! And I recently decided that I just can't face any more celeriac (I feel even stronger about bleurgh Muller Lights) but maybe I'll try them just once more with some sumac!!!!

40 clove garlic chicken on the other hand...YUM. But Thurs is a slow cook night as we are a busy family today. I was going to do your sweet and sour pork but needed to use up these sausages first. Next week!:D After all, I've plenty of time to try all these lovely recipes!!!

They are very much in season, I can't eat too many of them as they have very windy side effects ;) I do like the nuttiness of them though.

Celeriac mashes into potato really well if you're fed up of it by itself, I did a cottage pie with potato/celeriac mash top that worked quite well. It's the only way I can get anyone else to eat it, the fambly don't like the chips.

Slow cooked garlic chicken, red onion squash, lemony potatoes and crispy chard

wpid-IMAG1737-1-1.jpg

I meant to ask Binty, how do you do your crispy kale/chard please?

This recipe - Baked Kale Chips › shutterbean with frylight instead of the oil.

Sprinkle a bit of splenda on top and it's just like chinese crispy seaweed :)
hi Purplebint diary looks fantastic, as a massive well done for ur weightloss!!! can i ask u something hunni, ur plates look very small in the pics, are they like that normaly to cut portion size or is it the pic affect , what size plate do u use hun, hope u dont mind me asking x

I don't mind you asking :) I do normally use a pretty small plate. I'm a plate filler and emptier regardless of the size of it, I fill up all the spare space with food then have to finish all of it. *food issues* So if I start with a small plate, then if I choose to have seconds it's a conscious choice rather than unconscious face stuffing.

Large dinner plate on the left, the plates I normally use on the right.

IMAG1742-1.jpg

An egg for size comparison

IMAG1740-1.jpg

I do have larger plates sometimes, if I'm allowing myself a binge type meal or if I fancy a huge salady thing.

Changing to smaller plates was one of the first things I did when I starting SW.

It's really helped me make better decisions about my food :)

Food today

Breakfast - cherries, porridge and hazelnut syrup (hexb)

Snack - apple

Lunch - Eggs, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes

Snack - Scan bran x 3, marmite and cheese (hexa) - 3 syns, + 2 finger KitKat - 5.5syns

Dinner - Leftover garlic chicken, mushrooms and peppers in a cauli curry sauce with syn free bhajis.

Pudding - Fruit salad (pineapple,orange,kiwi and grape) with FF yoghurt.

Drinks so far

4 pints water
4 mugs tea
1 mug coffee
1 mug choc mint options 2syns

Last edited:
Garlic chicken cauli-curry topped with green chilli and coriander, with brown rice and red onion bhajis

wpid-IMAG1744-1-1.jpg

On a mission to deal with my water retention I've bought a big box of green tea from teapigs, I love most of their other teas but green tea has never been a favourite of mine. I have friends that swear it works so I'm going to give it another try. *grimacey face*

I also bought more english breakfast tea, and creme caramel rooibos ;)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Porridge, mixed berries. (hexb)

Lunch - Leftover cauli-curry and bhajis

Snack - apple and a 2 finger KitKat (5.5syn)

Dinner - Slow cooked 3 bean chilli with cheese (hexa), lime soured yoghurt, jalapenos and wedges.

Drinks so far

1 mug tea
4 mug green tea
1 mug creme caramel rooibos
2 pint water

Last edited:
I can't stand green tea BUT have you tried Tick Tock redbush green tea. Lovely. Mild. All the benefits of regular green tea none of the taste. I can't stand redbush either (smokey bacon tea YUK) but this version doesn't taste of it.

Three bean chilli topped with jalapeno, twice baked wedges, salad, cheese and lime soured yoghurt

wpid-IMAG1749-1-1.jpg

I love Sundays, lazy start to the morning with a cuppa in bed then a huge brunch and a bit of pottering in the kitchen. Today I am making syn free lime pickle, looks good but it's going to take two weeks till it's ready to jar up.

Brunch -1.5 syns worth sausage, fat free bacon, dry fried eggs/shrooms/toms and 1/3 can of beans

IMAG1754-1-1.jpg

Snack - 2 x scan bran, cheese and marmite (hexa) + 3 x scan bran (hexb) + 1tbsp of choc spread 4 syns

Dinner - Chicken and butternut squash tagine, with crispy kale. The whole dish, serves 6, has 7 syns worth of raisins so I will call it 2 syns for my huge portion to err on the side of caution.

Pudding - big bowl of frozen cherries topped with fat free yoghurt.

Drinks so far

3 mugs black tea
5 mugs green tea (with a slice of lemon)

Last edited:
Weigh in for me later, *thinks light thoughts* I want my next sticker!

Planned food -

Breakfast - fruit salad and yoghurt

Snack - 2 finger kitkat (5.5 syns)

Lunch - 3 egg cheese and onion omelette and a plate of crispy kale chips.

Snack - 2 finger kitkat, mug of tea with 2 sugars (7.5syns)

Dinner- 3 bean chilli, wedges and salad

Drinks so far -

1 mug black tea
2 pints water
1 mug green tea with lemon

Last edited:
Back