Purplebint's Diary

Thank you :)

Chicken, butternut squash and chickpea curry topped with green chilli, saag aloo, brown rice, coriander and homemade lime pickle

wpid-IMAG1849-1-1.jpg

I love saag aloo, my hubby hates it and he's the chilli wuss so I tend to make it extra hot just for me.

I generally use this recipe - Tried and tested « Quick Indian Cooking but subbing the oil for frylight. I halve the amount of potatoes too as too many slows down my losses. I'm all about the spinachy spices :)
I don't use spinach puree either, I find fresh or frozen spinach breaks down enough by itself.

Thank you, am very much looking forward to this :) x

Cheesy garlic chicken kievs with a crispy couscous topping, chips, salad and peas

wpid-IMAG1826-1-1.jpg

hiya sorry to b a pain, i had the recipe for this but cnt find it and im making it tomorrow can u please tell me plase... and another question when u cook the couscous do u stock or anything or jus water?
hope u dont mind me asking
xx

Hi SammieAnn

I just found out the post I put on the other board. Here ya go

I've mashed two cloves of garlic up with 4 laughing cow lights and a tsp of herbs. That's sat in my fridge marinating now. Then I'll slit open a chicken breast to make a pocket, shove some of the cheesy mix in and close it. I do the couscous by pouring boiling water over dry couscous and stock, leave to soak for a couple of mins, then beat in an egg. Coat the breasts in this gooey mix and place on a frylighted tray. Bake for about 20 mins on high whilst doing your SW chips.

I do the couscous thing for KFC style chicken too - Fakeaway KFC – syn free » Om Nom 365

Enjoy :)

Food -

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie, chocolate style (1syn)

Snack - Red Velvet Brownies (1/2 hexb) warmed in the microwave and covered in 1tbsp marmalade (2 syns)

Lunch - Leftover curry and saag aloo

Snacks - 1/2 punnet grapes and an apple

Dinner - Homemade vegan notdogs on a bed of quick sauerkraut, with fried red onions, chips and ketchup (2 syns)

Supper - Red Velvet Brownies (1/2 Hexb) cover with 2 syns of marmalade. Followed by an apple.

*hungry day*

Drinks

3 mug black tea
3 mugs popcorn tea
5 glass NAS

Last edited:
Planned food today -

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie

Snack - 4 x Ryvita Dark Rye (hexb), with 2 tsp of clover light (2 syns)

Lunch - Leftovers. Notdogs and saurkraut with ketchup. (2 syns) + 2 finger KitKat (5.5syns)

Dinner - Moussaka with greek salad, hexa worth of cheese for topping (1 syn for olives)

Drinks so far

2 mug black tea (1 syn for 1 tsp sugar)
3 glasses NAS squash
1 mug popcorn tea
2 mugs green tea

Last edited:
Just put this up on my facebook and thought I'd stick it here too as this is where I look for my own motivation on days I can't be bothered.

IMAG1862-1.jpg

6 stone, 2.5lbs lost since heaviest. 4 stone of that with SW. 2 stone 5.5lbs to go till my interim (and possibly final) target.

swit-swoo

I read a lot of cookbooks (and food blogs) but I'm not very good at following recipes, hehe. I like reading the books for inspiration and ideas, then I have a crack at something I fancy with what I've got in the cupboards :)

Today has been scuppered food wise a little bit by the presentation of a sticky chocolate cupcake at my daughter's Mothers Day Assembly. It would be daft not to eat it, so I'm going to. In about 2 minutes once the kettle has boiled ;)

Planned food

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie (1/2 hexa milk)

Snack - Chocolate cupcake (10 syns according to Lifeline Online)

Lunch - leftover moussaka and salad (1/2 hexa)

Dinner - spicy chilli fishcakes made with coley, swede, red chilli and coriander, with turnip chips and salad.

Pud - Red Velvet brownies (hexb)

Drinks so far

2 mug black tea
3 mugs green and fennel tea
3 pint NAS

Last edited:
Planned food today -

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie - Spinach, banana, 1/2 hexa milk, ginger, 1tsp honey (1syn) and a sprinkle of cinnamon

Lunch - Bacon, eggs, shrooms and toms.

Snack - Red Velvet Brownies (1/2 hexb) + 2syns marmalade

Dinner - Homemade syn free KFC - Fakeaway KFC – syn free » Om Nom 365 , with wedges, corn on the cob and some syn free coleslaw.

Drinks so far

3 mug green tea with fennel
1 mug black tea
2 pint NAS

Last edited:
Aww, thanks Cery :)

Today was interesting as I was out at the Edible Garden Show, so lots of tasters and things around to try and avoid.

I met James Wong too -

Todays food

Breakfast - Green Monster Smoothie, lots of ginger in this one it was lovely.

Lunch - Apple, orange, 2 chicken drumsticks - skin removed.

Snack - 3 x scanbran, 3 x LCL, a pot of coleslaw, 2 cherry toms.

Dinner - Chickpea curry, saag aloo, brown rice and lime pickle

Last edited:
Weigh In tonight, meep.

Planned food -

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie with ginger (1/2 hexa)

Lunch - Chilli notdogs and kale chips.

Dinner - Slow cooked bolognaise, spaghetti and cheese.

Snacks - There was an 8 syn nutella incident, don't ask.

1 x peanut Hi-Fi bar - hexb.

Drinks so far

1 mug black tea
4 glass NAS
4 mug green tea with fennel

Last edited:
Back