Purplebint's Diary

I really like celeriac chips, they can be a bit of an acquired taste though. I like mine sprinkled with some garlic and herbs before baking, really tasty.

Hiya

I am going to attempt to make Notdogs at the weekend. What I would like to know is how many does the recipe that you posted make and how long would you say they would last for if kept in the fridge - couple of days?

The original recipe would probably make about 6-8 medium sized notdogs. It all depends how thickly you slice them off at the end really.

I normally make mine with leftover rice now, so the size of the mix varies. Most I've kept it in the fridge for is 4 days and it was absolutely fine.

Best tip for making them is to mash it all up really well and the wrap it up as tightly as you can while it sits overnight. That way it compacts really well and they notdogs won't be as fragile.

The original recipe would probably make about 6-8 medium sized notdogs. It all depends how thickly you slice them off at the end really.

I normally make mine with leftover rice now, so the size of the mix varies. Most I've kept it in the fridge for is 4 days and it was absolutely fine.

Best tip for making them is to mash it all up really well and the wrap it up as tightly as you can while it sits overnight. That way it compacts really well and they notdogs won't be as fragile.

Thank you :thankyou:

Hi when I followed the link to your blog I found the picture of them but not the recipe? They look lovely :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Ginger green monster smoothie with 1.5syns of kefir milk

Snacks - 4 x dark rye ryvita (hexb), 2 x LCL (3 syns) + marmite + apple

Lunch - Roast BNS/Tom/Pepper Soup with homemade syn free cheese scones. (I even had to make my own cottage cheese to go in these as I'd ran out, so very homemade indeed! )

Dinner - Herby chicken, marmite potatoes and salad

Drinks so far

1 mug green popcorn tea
1 pint NAS

Syns used 4.5

Exercise

School run 1 - 2km

Last edited:
Well done on your weight loss :D

Everyone seems to swear by slimming world, like you I had done weight watchers, lost 1 stone and then put it all back on again :(

Im only new to slimming world but after seeing the scales at a constant the last few months a 1lbs loss (although small) makes a big difference to my attitude.

I could never imagine slimming world working because the amount of food you can eat, not to mention actually being able to eat pasta and potatoes! :O I'm in heaven at the mo:happy036:

Im only on slimming world a week but have never been left hungry going to bed :) and not to mention the benefits of actually losing weight while eating the foods i love :D

My new favourite is the muller light yoghurt, anytime im craving something sweet one of them sorts my sweet tooth out straight away :)

I love slimming world <3

Hi Mustang (Sorry Purplebint, about to hijak your diary for 2 secs) - welcome to SW. You & I are about the same height & your weight now is about the weight I was when I originally joined SW in '97. My target was also the same as yours. SW worked totally - I followed the plan about 99%, ate loads & had sustained & steady losses all the way through to target - and felt fabulous, so it works! So, I know the transfomation you'll make for your size if you see what I mean & its great!! I kept the weight off for about 13 years & let half a stone creep on & then a stone & a bit more - but I'm now getting back to target again, the same way. Good luck, there's loads of inspiration on this site.

Seacrest thank you so much for your reply :)

Thats great news, hopefully if i stick to slimming world il be seeing the same results as you :)

Its great to see you've successfully lost weight, and I say you look and feel fabulous now :D

Ever since i started college 3 years ago the weight has just kept creeping on, so heres to losing all that :innocent0001:

Nothing wrong with a lovely hijack like that :)

I love slimming world, I've become a complete fan girl about it. It has been a life changer for me and I can't imagine ever going back to my old ways.

Good luck on your journey! :)

dinner looks good :) re: notdogs...do you think they would work ok with white rice as I don't have any brown in?

Planned food today

Breakfast - Ginger green monster smoothie with 1/2 hexa of kefir milk.

Snack - 2 x cheese scones with some chilli dipping sauce.

Lunch - 4 x dark rye ryvita (hexb) 4syns of cheese, sliced onion and an apple

Dinner - Many bean chilli, turnip chips, salad and 1/2 hexa cheese

Drinks so far

1 mug green tea
2 mug jimmy bean special coffee

Syns used 4

Exercise - as little as possible.

Last edited:
I have the ebil MIL visiting today so no idea what is happening foodwise.

Breakfast - Ginger green monster smoothie with 1.5 syns of kefir milk.

Lunch - Roast vegetable jalfrezi and yellow rice from the pub (was 451 calories and 'low fat'. Will count that as free with a 1 syns for any oil. Then approx 8 chips from hubs plate. I have no idea on the syn value of pub chips? so will call them a syn each, bah.

http://omnom365.com/220412/

Dinner - 4 x dark rye ryvita (hexb) with a hexa of cheese and some chopped onion. Followed by an apple.

Drinks so far

2 mug black tea
1 mug green cherry tea
1 mug black coffee
1 glass lime and soda
1 glass lime kefir

Syns used 10.5

Exercise walk to pub and back - 1.5km

Last edited:
Back