Purplebint's Diary

She fits in several days worth of bile into one day's visit Seacrest! I managed to get through the day without diving headfirst into a vat of chips or pudding though, hooray.

Thank Rowan Rose :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Ginger green monster smoothie with 1.5syns of kefir milk.

Snack - An apple, 2 x scan bran (2 syns) + 1/2 hexa of cheese and some chopped onion

Lunch - 3 x thin sausages (1syn), eggs, tinned toms

Dinner - Cheesy garlic chicken breasts, wrapped in bacon. Turnip chips and salad.

Post weigh in snack - Baked rum'n'raisin oatmeal (hexb + 3syns)

Supper - Chilli, cheese and capers, followed by a penguin (5.5syns?)

Drinks so far

1 mug green tea
2 glasses lime kefir
2 glasses water
3 mugs coffee

Syns used 10

Exercise

School run 1 - 2.3km
School run 2 - 2km
Walk to fat club and back 2.5km

Last edited:
She fits in several days worth of bile into one day's visit Seacrest! I managed to get through the day without diving headfirst into a vat of chips or pudding though, hooray.

First, well done! Second, I can sympathise... my MIL just doesn't understand me! We have the strangest converastions, but at least she's got over being disappointed with me (I'm the second wife & although my OH & I have been together now for 18 years, she's still very close to the first one...).

They're sent to try us!:rolleyes:

My MIL is just not very good at communicating. She'll ask a question, then turn around and talk to someone else without listening to the answer. Infuriating and means you have to spend a lot of time repeating yourself and feeling ignored. Ah well, she won't be visiting again for months hopefully.

Quick recipe for the baked oats bars while I'm making them - Baked Oats Bars » Om Nom 365

Just the one day? I've just booked the flights for my MIL to come out for 2 whole weeks in the summer :eek:. Better stock up on the camomile tea and chill out music (for me, not her).
:rolleyes:

OMG. Mine lives nearby but I do my best to avoid... Best of luck Purplebint. Seacrest - you need more than luck, 2 weeks???? Arrgghhhhhhhh....

If mine moved nearby, I would have to move away! *shudders at the thought*

Today's early dinner

Cheese stuffed bacon wrapped chicken, chips and salad

wpid-IMAG2076-1.jpg

Purplebint said:
If mine moved nearby, I would have to move away! *shudders at the thought*

Today's early dinner

Cheese stuffed bacon wrapped chicken, chips and salad

Dinner looks lovely! Thank the lord we live no where near my mil she is a total arse! Even my husband agrees lol :)

I feel so sorry 4 u all :-( My MIL is awesome. Get on so well wi her. Stayed wi them 4 6mths wile our flat was being decorated. My OH goes offshore & I pop round 4 My supper. I can't imagine not getin in wi her or the FIL x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Alycyn1980 said:
I feel so sorry 4 u all :-( My MIL is awesome. Get on so well wi her. Stayed wi them 4 6mths wile our flat was being decorated. My OH goes offshore & I pop round 4 My supper. I can't imagine not getin in wi her or the FIL x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Oh I had to live with mine lol, but when we drove over to Germany together it was a step too far! She is tipical German ode misery lol!

I wouldn't driving my MIL to Germany if she promised to stay there and not come back ;)

1lbs off for me at Fat Club

*does unexpected 1lb loss jiggly dance*

Hi Dawn. Just been reading your diary. Well done on all that loss. Love the receipes. I wil pop in again to read updates. Take care.

Planned food today

Breakfast - 2 x bacon medallions, tinned toms and a poached egg

Snack - 1 x oaty bar (1/2 hexb), kale chips

Lunch - Moussaka with green beans.

Snack - 2 x scan bran (1/2 hexb), 1/2 hexa cheese, chopped onion and small packet of basic crisps (5syns)

Dinner - Nando's style chicken, spicy rice, chips and salad.

Drinks so far

2 mug black tea
1 glass NAS
2 glass lime kefir

Syns used 5

Exercise

School run 1 and trip to shops. 3.2km
School run 2

Last edited:
Hiya

Purplebint - swede chips???!!! How can I make them edible? I have some sumac ...have never had it but apparently sort of lemony... Dunno, hmmmmm. x

I do mine the same as SW chips, parboil, quick spray with frylight and then cook on a baking mesh. Sumac works really well, as does garlic pepper, aromat, cayenne, paprika...lots of things really :)

Back