Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

I have an appointment in 2 and a half weeks, 2 days before I go to Dubai, I will be 8 weeks. They take blood, and the midwife told me it's a paper filling appointment. Then they will arrange my 12/13 week scan which should be week commencing 17th February. They also arrange the 20 week scan.

It seems like ages to wait, I want to get attached and think if names, look at stuff to buy, tell people, talk about future. But I don't wanna do any of that until I see a heart beat at the 12/13 week scan and know all is okay.

Last edited:
I can imagine you are itching to say. At least we are here to share your news and first 13 weeks. It will soon be here. How lucky to be going to Dubai. How long are you going for. I went for a month when I was 5 - not that I remember much and it was before it was all built up. My aunt used to live there

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi purpled! Congrats on the baby news! Its nice to see u back, u helped me alot last time! Im planning on starting again on Friday! After gaining all my weight back :'(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Sarah, great to see you back. Why Friday? You got plans. I wish you well. I'll follow your diary. Are you simply filling or pp?

So today was better, I may have figured out the morning sickness. Little and often. I haven't stuck to plan today but I need something savoury to snack on during the morning. I have some cheesy mini cheddars, 2 bags at 129 calories each. But it helped. I'm not taking the diet too seriously, it's just guidelines for me to follow.

So I made a lovely tea:
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1389121870.328291.jpg
Sun dried tomato Chicken with chopped olives, served with veg and light choices chips. I was going to make my own chips but I was starving so did these. The chicken was just raw chicken and I had a sundries tomato paste. It was delish.

I got a 6 pack of muller lights from tesco for £180 as I am limited on the calcium front, they are not technically free but they are fat free and I think they should be fine.

I hope ur muller lights weren't £180?? :-D
Im starting friday as that was my wi day last time and it worked really well for me so im going with what worked!

Oh and ur chicken looks really good!

Just sat on my lunch......I've mastered the morning sickness. I have travel wrist bands under my long sleeve top and have eat little and often. Works a 'Treat' :) I also have a cereal bar next to my bed to eat before I get up.....I read that tip online. Hunger defiantly causes sickness for me.

I am however struggling with tiredness. I get lots of un disturbed sleep during the evening but so tired in the day. I actually have a headache at the moment, from being tired. So not sure how to battle that. I'm not sure if I need more iron. If I wasn't pregnant I'd just do whatever I thought, but it feels like a stupid thing to ring a midwife about.

Anyone know how to battle pregnancy tiredness?

R u taking iron supplements? U should b taking them, the doc gives them u when u tell them ur pregnant normally, I think they r called folic acid? Been a while since I had elisha (8 years) and the midwife is there to help even if u dont feel its worth asking im sure they won't mind helping

Hiya,

I take a pregnancy tablet, you take it until your 13 weeks and it has everything I need in it, such as folic and iron, calcium all that sort of thing. I haven't seen my gp as they referred me straight to the midwife over the phone. Plus I have to pay for prescriptions, so if they prescribed me folic acid it would cost me £7 when it's £3 in tesco.

Anyway....it's probably a mixture of a lot of things. I have my own business now which I do alongside my job and maybe my body isn't coping well.

So food.......I think this plan will be easier to stick to in a few weeks. Bit right now I am doing the best I can. I'm getting lots of fruit and veg in. Plus I am making as crummy cottage pie tonight.

Well that sounds like what u should b taking! Perhaps u r just doing too much and trying to stick to ur plan as well ur body might need a rest, what business do u have now??

I know nothing about kids or pregnancy but could the tiredness in part be due to the huge psychological impact of it? Your emotions are probably going to be all over the place.

Seems like you are doing pretty well on the food front, I guess its a case of making things work for you at the moment, not worrying too much whether they fall into a specific "plan".

What is your business? That's an exciting development since you were last on the board.

My business...I make craft kits, so people can make brooches/garlands/felt owls all that sort of them. I've been selling them in bulk to shops and a couple of schools. I have a craft cutter that does my shapes. Also sell cut out shapes that people can put on handmade cards etc.

Anyway sold about 500 in my first 2 months, not thinking it would take off. so it's been 6 months now and each is better than the last. I have been working on my brand over Christmas to make it look professional and I've started selling them at a higher cost as a single item on ebay and they also sell well. So I'm looking to develop t a bit and sell on ebay/folksy/etsy and eventually sell to bigger shops and maybe have my own website.

Craft is huge and many people sell handmade craft online and there is a big market for it. I'm just making the supplies.

So food.....today I was DREADiNG my training. I've managed to curb the sickness by eating but it's hard sometimes in training.

Anyway I had peanut butter on toast and I felt full for ages. I had to get a pack of mini cheddars out in my meeting towards the end and got a few funny looks. Then the last 30mins I was feeling icky.

No car today so jumped on a bus back to the office....had to get off early and walk the last 15mins. I would have puked.

Breakfast
Peanut butter on toast

Snacks
Mini cheddars

Lunch
Baked beans on a baked potato
2 x tangerine

Snacks
Banana
Apple
Mini cheddars
Yogurt
2 x biscuits

Tea
2 x pork and apple burgers (without bread)
Carrots
Sweet potato
Peas

Snacks
Carrots and hummus
Tangerine

No cravings for me yet.....other than the things I can't have. All I want is runny egg yolk, prawns, pate and bailys.

Also any type of caffeine (well te thought of it) makes me feel sick. Diet coke, coffee even decaf, tea, chocolate.

Weird stuff

That sounds like a great business! U sound like ur doing really well! Just one thought on ur food today... when I was pregnant I was told no peanuts, incase the baby is allergic :-D the only thing I wanted my whole pregnancy was a snickers! And it was one of the first things I ate once giving birth :-D

Busy busy purpled. My cousin has been running her own business ans working full time and is going on maternity leave in 10 weeks and is hopkng in her year off to make enough success of her business that she won't have to go back to her full time job so she can be a stay at home mummy and do her business when the baby is asleep :)

Hope the sickness passed. Was it because you were hungry or because of the mini cheddar? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mini cheddars seem to stop the sickness :) there just savoury and I don't even think they have real cheese in.

I have a pregnancy book and it says eat as many nuts as you want, when I first spoke to my midwife she asked if I had any questions. I asked about vitamin and also nuts. She also said that nuts are fine.
But thanks for the warning I will do some reading up online to be sure :)

I think ur allowed any other nuts but not anything that contains peanuts or peanuts, but then theres loads of foods ppl say avoid during pregnancy like sushi ect but it changes all the time, one minute something is bad then the next its good :/ I hope ur not annoyed with me for pointing it out, just thats what came to mind when I read it :-D

Hi,

Not annoyed at all, point it out all you want. I am actually clueless with baby stuff/pregnancy. I'm more of a tomboy and although i have always wanted children I still don't know how it all works lol!!

The Nhs website says eating peanuts is fine, I will maybe double check with my midwife when I see her for the first time.

Keep pointing out things....I know I'm not allowed shellfish...missing prawns .

Peanuts are safe in pregnancy
Go ahead and eat peanuts or food containing peanuts (such as peanut butter) during pregnancy, unless you are allergic to them or a health professional advises you not to.
You may have heard that peanuts should be avoided during pregnancy. This is because the government previously advised women that they may want to avoid eating peanuts if there was a history of allergy (such as asthma, eczema, hay fever, food allergy or other types of allergy) in their child's immediate family.
This advice has now been changed because the latest research has shown that there is no clear evidence showing that eating peanuts during pregnancy affects the chances of your baby developing a peanut allergy.

That's from Nhs. Your right. Things change all the time. It's no wonder no one knows the rules lol

That's good news purpled! Im glad they r ok to have now, I wasn't allowed them but then it was 8 years ago! Its crazy how much the professionals change whats good and bad for u, im sure even they have no clue whats good or bad for us!

Just wanted to say I started a new diary, ive done it in the weight watchers pro points food diary section :-D if u wanna pop over and help me out :-D

Since becoming pregnant I instantly gained like 8lbs (in about 3 days) this was about 3weeks ago.
Since then I weigh exactly the same. The 8lbs is around my waist and it isn't fat, it is just bloating. Complete and utter bloated. Anyway I really want my bloating to disappear and my my belly to start to show. Apparently I wont show until around 12-16 weeks.

Belly Shot - 7 weeks
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1389392852.764021.jpg

Back