Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

Today's planned food

Breakfast - Toast (Same boring breakfast each morning)
Lunch - avocado, beetroot, egg salad with a wrap
Dinner - Chicken sausages, chips in the actifry, mixed veg

Snacks - I have lots of fruit, yogurt

U dont look too bloated purpled :-D I bet cause u r so thin u will start showing quick, food looks good for today, not heard of chicken sausages? Are they nice? Or did u mean chicken and sausage? What the actifry like, I want one but im scared it wont b worth the money? Do the chips come out better than putting them in the oven with oil (raw potato chips) I mean! How do u point the oil on pp and sf and do u use the whole spoon they provide?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Planned food for the day sounds very healthy and tasty. I have become obsessed with avocado since Whole30 which given I used to be fairly ambivalent about them.

I didn't know about the shellfish thing. No prawn or scallops??? That's another reason added to my list of why I don't intend to have kids! It is crazy how things change in terms of guidelines.

The craft business sounds great. A real growth market I would presume. Do you have any expectations of where it will go in 3 or 5 years? Or just playing it by ear?

Ahh purpled you don't look bloated you still look great. Just think you have a little bubba cooking in there :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Chicken sausages - just like turkey sausages. Like pork sausages but it's chicken instead of pork.

Business - Well I don't have plans for 5 years time and if I did this little baby may have put a spanner in the works lol. My aim is to be able to do it and earn what I earn in my current job. But down the line I would like to develop it into more of a learning environment. Classes and/or craft parties. I guess rather than sell to small businesses it would be great to sell to larger retailers. I do think I have a business brain but it's not important to me to make tons of money. I don't wanna be obsessed, I like to have time off and enjoy free time. So who knows....as long as I'm happy :)

I've just had a bowl of crunchy but cornflakes. I was STARVING

Ive had beef sausages before but for some reason in my head a sausage is pork and any other sausage feels wierd to me

Ive had beef sausages before but for some reason in my head a sausage is pork and any other sausage feels wierd to me

Well meatfree sausages can be tasty, I like all sausages. I eat anything.

So today has been crazy.....I eat and 10mins later I am hungry.

I had 3 sausages, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, peas. Sat down and in literally 10mins I was starving. This has been happening all day. I decided not to eat anything more and see how I felt in 30mins. The hunger disappeared after about 45mins and it never came back.

Pregnancy is hard. I want to be in the 2nd trimester please.

I need to improve my risotto skills. I'm going shopping tomorrow and I said I'd make a new recipe from a cook book every week. Which I have done so far this year. Usually I adapt them but this time I'm sticking to recipes.
Hairy Dieters 'Chicken and Mushroom Risotto' I'll probably make it on Tuesday.

The only thing about 2tbsp of creme fraiche is what to use the rest for? I don't think I can really use anything else instead of the cream can I?

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1389474593.869844.jpg

Sorry bout ur hunger! Im glad it went tho, I didnt have morning sickness when I was pregnant but felt sick alot so I dint have a problem with feeling hungry. I have no idea about ur recipe sorry, u need atomic....

Weight Day-/-/-/-/-
I'm starting this weight from after the initial bloating.

1st week = +1
This week = -1
Total = STS
Yay

P.S my main aim is to gain no more that 25lbs. Unless I have twins.....

And my baby is the size of a:
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1389516158.104222.jpg
I keep calling him a him. But he could also be female obviously.

Last edited:
25lb would seem alot to gain :-D I dont think u will gain too much

Well the books say if your a healthy weight you gain 20-30lbs by the end of your pregnancy.
Obviously that's the weight before the baby is born.

Then if you take off like 7-8lbs for the baby, n all the other stuff. That's probably about 14lbs. So only about 1 stone in actual weight gain.

But this is obviously a book, I've never experienced it. Also I'm 5ft9.
How much did you gain Sarah?

I didn't really bother with weighing I was a nice size before I had elisha its since then I have gained....

I need to improve my risotto skills. I'm going shopping tomorrow and I said I'd make a new recipe from a cook book every week. Which I have done so far this year. Usually I adapt them but this time I'm sticking to recipes.
Hairy Dieters 'Chicken and Mushroom Risotto' I'll probably make it on Tuesday.

The only thing about 2tbsp of creme fraiche is what to use the rest for? I don't think I can really use anything else instead of the cream can I?

View attachment 119748

I've always tended to use cream cheese to finish a risotto. Only 1tbsp between tw portions is usually enough and you can use a lighter one if you like. If not the crème fraise could be used as a sauce for pasta or a chicken and mushroom stew or something.

I love risotto. Its pure comfort food and you can stuff it full of veg and it still feels really indulgent. My favourite is the smoked chicken, truffle and stilton risotto that I often make. Damn whole30 and the lack of grains and dairy!

As far as weight gain goes I think its probably just a case of eating healthily and giving your body what you think it needs and seeing what happens. I think worrying about gaining weight is the last thing someone needs when pregnant unless there is going to be health complications because of weight, which in your case there definitely isn't.

Thanks for the risotto tips, I also love all risotto. I sometimes buy it in restaurants and it can be disappointing if it isn't quite right.

So today's food:
Breakfast - I wore my travel bands overnight by mistake....good thing no sickness yay. I had blueberries/banana and yogurt. 2 x crumpet with butter

Lunch - Cheese Toastie. We got this in Gregg's as we were shopping this morning. There were burnt bits of cheese in the toastie and normally these are my favourite bit. I love them. Today however they just made me feel sick so I picked them all off. I have no control over my taste buds

Snacks - tangerine x 2. I also plan on having grapes and another yogurt

Dinner - We are out for a friends bday Ina pub type place. I feel like something and chips. Maybe pie, or fish. We will see. My treat meal :)

Yay to no sickness!!!! enjoy ur treat meal

.....I just read in my pack from midwife that aslong as eggs have 'the British lion' stamp on them, they are safe to eat runny and soft boiled in pregnancy.
Why does everything contradict itself.
It isn't easy for the clueless like me.

Umm egg and soildiers :-D

U ok purpled? Been quiet today :-( hope u enjoyed ur evening out

I'm knackered! Lol! I been at work from 8am till 5pm. I have 8 orders to envelope up (I post them in my lunch break) and 2 custom orders to make. Sat down to relax at about 7pm, hubby made me a yummy noodle stir fry :)
Now I have a hot chocolate and sat on sofa in my fleecy poncho :)

Back