Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

Oh Wow! Managed to get to Dubai safe and sound. Fell asleep at 11pm which was 7pm UK time. Slept through to 9am, so was really happy. Hopefully in the right time zone.

Breakfast buffet was nice, a mixture of continental breakfast and indian breakfast, with some interesting choices. We had a quick look round the hotel, 4 restaurants, a pool, sauna, steam room, gym all very nice.

On the metro to the Marina. We walked 5 miles in the sunshine up past the river and found this amazing mall. It had all UK shops in like newlook/H&M/next/Topshop etc with new stock, prices so cheap in comparison. Was very annoyed to see a dress I paid £30 for 2 weeks ago would cost me £18 full price.

Had lunch at the mall, £2 each for a Huge chicken, avocado and salad wrap with fries and a drink!!!!

Spent the rest of the day walking and exploring. First thing I did when I got back to the hotel was put the bath on for a soak. Hubby gone downstairs to the sports bar to watch some footy and I'm gonna get an hour nap I think before we head out this evening. It's 6pm here. Tonight we are staying around the hotel, mainly before we are both exhausted. So I have Thai/Chinese, Filipino, Indian, or Italian to pick from. Then there is a outside bar with some cool guitar music. Gonna have a chill and sip at a non alcoholic cocktail ;)

I'll catch up with your diaries at some point this week I'm sure.

Sounds exciting! Hope ur flight was good!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1390971350.134820.jpg
Today I go up this building....it doesn't look too big until you see the buildings around it. It's the tallest building in the world, going to an observation deck near the top.

Last nights dinner was a restaurant in a food court in Dubai Mall.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1390971431.000494.jpg
2 bottles water, 2 fruit cocktails, popadom starter, peshwari naan to share.
2x Mains - rice, curry, salad, lentil Dahl, mint dip, spicy wedges.

All for a grand total of £14. £7 each wow!! And very tasty.

The food portion sizes here are pretty big, we have been skipping the starters and deciding on dessert after the main.
This evening we are having an Italian on a boat on the creek. I'm craving pasta in a creamy tomatoey sauce.

Pregnancy sickness hasn't been too bad......I did have to run out of souk yesterday though, I was gonna puke. Bit of fresh air helped and of course food. Arab men trying to sell me saffron and spices as I'm walking fast to get out....kind of funny. I must have looked rude. Food is my morning sickness cure.

I must say....I am getting stated at a lot my the Arab men, I'm dressing well, covered up, and following the rules. But I feel much better when a girl gets on the metro in mini shorts or a vest top. The tuts, comments and stares are completely diverted. They are actually disgusted.

In the morning when we pass the men in the hotel, they say morning to Neil and look down when I walk past. All very strange. But in the public tourist places all is fine..... :)

Last edited:
Whats with the men over there? Wierd! R u going to the top of that building in a lift or stairs? Looks massive I bet its huge when u stand at the front door and look up! Food looks really tasty over there! And prices sound great, is there no baby shops u can get a few bits at a cheaper price than over here? Would love some more photos of landscape ect

The lift went from ground floor to floor 124 in 30 seconds. Crazy. Yup it's huge.
Been souk shopping today, I have lots of pashminas and interesting finds. Then a water taxi boat back to the hotel.

We aren't too sure about baby bits, kind of want to get the scan out the way so we know all is good. But maybe we can get a few bits. We tend to go to to the shops at the end of the day as they shut at 10pm as your not really allowed alcohol in Dubai and I can't drink anyway.

Theres no alcohol at all there? That makes sense I suppose most ppl wait till they have their scan I dont think we bought anything till 20 weeks :/ just thought u would b able to find some bargins over there

Sounds like you are having fun. That's one impressively quick lift in that building!

They only sell alcohol in hotels.....way too expensive. Get fined if your caught drunk. Not worth it.

It's the weekend here in Dubai... Yup on a Friday....no metro until 2pm. Spending the morning by the pool, before heading out for lunch and a ferry ride this evening. Well deserved day of relaxation. Had to run out of breakfast this morning, not quite sure what set the sickness off but I wasn't wearing my wrist bands so it could have been that. Luckily I wasn't sick.

Oh dear! Hope putting the wristbands on helped the sickness. I guess its better that it happens at the hotel than when out and about.

How long does the sickness generally happen for?

It's meant to stop in the 2nd trimester. So at 13weeks....it's def getting better and it's not been too bad.

So my little baby is now the size of a.....prune. I guess that means dried prune? Next week it is the size of a lime.

So I'm home....safe flight. I think emirates are my best airline so far. The landing was rough tho.

Up early as expected. 6am isn't too bad, it's 10am in Dubai.

Had a quick weigh and I'm 2lbs down. Which I obviously didn't want to lose but I have eaten so much food that I'm not worried. All the walking/swimming and extra water I have been drinking explain the loss.

Currently sat on the sofa with buttered toast....which is heaven after fancy breakfasts every day. Can't beat a bit of normal.

I'll catch up with all your diaries today ;)

P.S no cravings but I have been eating frozen yogurt lots.

I can't stand garlic,

Welcome home, was it really wet and windy when u landed? Perhaps any being sick contributed ti the loss, I wouldn't worry

Sounds like a fab holiday. Are you back at work immediately or do you have a couple of days to acclimatise? I suspect the weather is a little different... Although at least there is a little bit of sunshine this weekend.

Its really interesting hearing the rate of the baby's growth. Seems like growth rate has really sped up over the last couple of weeks. Good that that sickness is improving and should hopefully not hang around for too long.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!
I heard the heart beat!!!!!! I'm so happy. I was saying to my friend that I feel pregnant but sometimes think I'm imagining it and I'm not pregnant at all. So she has lent me her Doppler from when she was pregnant. I checked it up and it's safe and even the recommended Nhs at home Doppler. So I did a ultrasound on my belly.

I could hear my heartbeat around my ovaries which was 55bpm. Then a swooshing noise on my pubic line which apparently is an artery. Then to the left I could hear a little heart beat that sounded like a galloping horse. It was a huge 156bpm. Which is perfect :) the book explained the noises and the device has example noises but it was 100% a baby. I actually shed a tear. Now have to show the husband after the football. He said not to use it until after I had ultrasound as I'd panic if I couldn't hear the heartbeat. I don't listen.

And to the questions.....not leaving the house today so it's not cold yet. Was 22-25c in Dubai as it is their winter. I got a good tan ;) and I have Monday off work but I'm due in Tuesday!!!

Tomorrow we have to sort the inlaws car MOT(they haven't drivers this car in a year) and also do some shopping for them. Think I may have mentioned in the past that we are carers for them. They live a 30-40min drive away so it's hardwork. I don't know how we will cope when baby arrives....

For food tonight we have limited choices.
Luxury frozen battered fish with mushy peas and potato wedges (ready made frozen)
Beans on toast
Cornflakes
Takeaway

Shopping tomorrow....I need some fruit. Are so much fruit and fruit smoothies while I was away. Missing it.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391366612.805569.jpg
Forgot I took this shot. Most nice places in Dubai brought out snacks if you get a drink. Like warm pitta and hummus or nachos and guacamole. A bit like in Spain when you get free tapas but it's just snacky stuff rather than food. Anyway I noticed out hotel did these veg baskets as they were preparing them as we got back and I was craving veg. So I got a crushed iced mango cocktail and the hubby got a coke. And they brought out a pot of veg and a dip. I ate it all.
The photo I took was inside the hotel, I thought they all looked so yummy

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391366873.065074.jpg
So we decided fish and wedges and I thought I'd use the wedding gift health fryer thing. Only ever made chips in it and a curry. Anyway I took the turner thing out, and threw in frozen fish (not so gourmet as the box said) and frozen wedges. No need to preheat. 20 mins later DONE. Few mushys. Quick and easy.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391367564.979919.jpg
That's the freezer empty now....we can defrost it. tomorrow. Clean it. Currently the drawers don't open as it's so icy. Then go shopping.

Looking forward to oranges, grapes, melon and crumpets. We need a HUGE food shop and it's gonna be expensive as we have nothing.

What a long day...took inlaws car for MOT, did their shopping while car was in. Went back and took their car back. Had lunch, got our car, drove back to shop. Did our own shopping, careful not to buy frozen food. Only food that was fresh that could be frozen. As we had a job to do.
Took all shelfs out fridge and drawers out freezer. OH had hot water and hair dryer on freezer. I did the cleaning.

But we now have a freezer where we can open and close the drawers without swearing and a clean fridge.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391451719.586401.jpg

Also made some lunches for work
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391451745.302885.jpg
Salad and pasta....healthy and yummy.

And tonight was sausages and mash
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391451772.535853.jpg
I don't like low fat sausages, we rarely have them so I always get butchers sausages, normally Lincolnshire. Yum
The mash was plain, as I usually use a garlic and Italian herb but I've totally gone off garlic.

I think I am also going off white meat. The last two times I have eaten chicken, I had to spit it out. Which sounds gross, like I eat half the meal and then I will have a piece in my mouth and the thought of swallowing it makes me feel so ill. I wish I got cool cravings instead of going off all the foods I love. My friend stopped eating cheese when she was pregnant. Since then she never got her love of cheese back and won't even have pizza. She had her baby 2 years ago. I hope that doesn't happen to me. Coffee, chicken, garlic, creamy stuff....it's all my favourites.

Work tomorrow......

Planned menu:

Breakfast
Crumpets x 2 with butter
Orange

Lunch
Pasta and salad
Apple

Dinner
My mums pizza dough. Not sure what I'll put on it yet, but I have olives and peppers.

Snacks
Melon/pineapple/grapes, yogurt, crackers(been eating about 4 before I get out of bed) celery and hummus.
I have a yummy peanut butter cereal bar also if I'm hungry mid morning :)

Very busy day :-D ur food looks so bright and colourful, r u still pointing whay ur eating?

Back