Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

And the morrocan chicken I also made last month and I think it was a Jamie Oliver Recipe.
Off the top of my head- chicken, pepper, apricot, chickpeas, onion, rice, tomato purée, and I can't remember which spice I added. It's a strange taste....not an obvious sweet dish like sweet and sour, it's more subtle but obvious tastes a lot better in a Moroccan resturant.

My OH won't go to Mexican with me. So many yummy foods, I just say 'have a fajita with no spice, it's just meat and veg in a wrap' but he won't. ,

Tea looks good tho im sorry u dint like it! When do u go on holiday?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Going to Manchester Airport Friday after lunch, staying at a hotel opposite airport. Walk to terminal in morning and the flight is on Saturday at 8.45. So breakfast at airport, not got high hopes for a plane breakfast. Never flown with Emirates before. 7 hour flight. Can probably fit 3 films in :)

Not long now then, r u allowed to fly at this stage of pregnancy?

Yes, insurance are aware and midwife said it's fine. Most airlines won't let you fly after 32 weeks I was told.

Oh right I wasn't entirely sure I did hear that it was beginning and end but things change, its a good job u r allowed to fly :-D

Feeling okay today so decided I'd start packing......HARD. Dunno what to take. Put my bikini and underwear in and some pjs. I'm thinking leggings may be a good idea, a lot of my dresses I'd wear while it's hot maybe be short for Dubai, so if I wear leggings with them that should be okay.....I have lots of evening options. Including my magic dress :)

It's a well cool dress from tesco, I got it in the sale for £10 and it's amazing. I almost don't care if I like the style or not (I do like the style) it just has pull you in panels. But you can't tell from the outside as the fabric isn't clingy. Plus it feels comfy. I feel like a tall thin supermodel in it lol!

Mmm potato wedges. I always make me own but my mum always bought them in a pack and they are yummy and remind me of home.

So bought a pack of wedges from tesco, same brand. Actually excited to eat them.

Sounds like a very handy dress! We might need pictures at some point.

I think there is something very comforting, and naughty, about almost all frozen potato products. The one that reminds me of being a kid is potato croquettes. Used to love them!

Think id need more than a couple panels to keep my flubber in....

So glad I've past the 8 week phase. My book (bible) said that the chance of having a miscarriage after a missed period was 15-25% but once you hit 8 weeks it dropped to 3% and 1% after first trimester. So I've had that 8 weeks in my head for a while and glad I'm into it. 8w3d :D
So I'm sat in Sainsbury's with a hot chocolate (coffee still makes me feel ill) and I'm sat near a mother and 2 kids. There chatting kid talk and I'm smiling cos it's so funny. But it also TERRIFIES me. I hope this is normal. I was thinking about how little I know about babies. I have totally forgotten about the fact that I have to give birth, my only worry is being a good parent. Cos I am actually clueless. I said this to my friend (the only one who knows) and she said I'm already a good mummy cos I'm worrying about how to be a good mummy. Anyway I guess the decision is made....I just have to hope I know what to when we arrive home from hospital.
I am also scared about labour....I looked at some pictures in my book and I dunno how I'm gonna fit a baby out of me.....but I have some totally wimp friends that managed it and that makes me feel better.

Food.......

I was very annoyed the hubby ate my crumpets this morning. When we went shopping I said 'if your having crumpets this week can you put another pack in, cos I want 2 everyday' nope he didn't want any. He ate my last 2!!!!! Now that may sound harsh but I did warn him and he didn't listen. So he bought me some at lunch....I managed with toast after moaning haha!!

Lunch was chicken and rice. I actually bought a pack of pre made rice in a pouch. It was Tilda Mexican bean rice. I really enjoyed it. Never really bought rice in a pack before.

So I'm in sainsbury's......we don't have a planned evening meal. However we have some options but I may see something while I'm shopping. I need to buy some leggings in a 12. My 10 are leaving a red line over my stomach. I'm not big enough for maternity but I'm totally bloated and it ain't going. I don't think I have a bump yet but the bloating is deceiving.

In other news......my manager found out a staff member was pregnant today (not me) it is a lady who works in a different building. She was moaning on and on and on about it. How she needs to find someone else, train them up. I'm sitting there listening thinking hahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaha my manager is a witch with a b. I can't wait to tell her I'm pregnant lol. Can't wait. Mainly because I do loads of her work as she doesn't know how to do it herself. I don't like her much. She's the only thing I don't like about my job :)

Dinner - lasagne from the freezer I cooked last month heated in microwave. Bought a garlic bread pizza. I'll freeze half and we will have 1/4 each. With broccoli and carrots.

I think u will b absolutely fine, I think its natural to b a little scared of whats to come but I expect when she/hes here u wont think twice as it will come naturally! Im a whimp and cant stand pain, it is the worse pain in the world so I had an epidural so then I dint even feel the pushing part, I had to b cut and had a vontues delivery (not sure on spelling) its basically a suction cup that they help pull the baby out as u push, I was in labour for 18 hours from start to finish but then ppl r different u might b really quick and not feel the pain like I did :-D what I did was not think about labour till the last month of pregnancy :/

whats wrong?

Oh right....:-D u will be fine

Mmm Tuna sandwich. Tuna is another food I have been missing. While pregnant you are to limit tuna and other fish with a high mercury content. So I am to have no more than 3 portions a week and I have had none. So really enjoying my jacket with tuna mayo. :) only used half a can but it's nice.

We are going to cinema tonight....so may have a treat. We have Burger King/macdonalds/KFC/Gregg's/pizza express
Not had any such food in a long time and for a while I really didn't want it. But quite looking forward to my first in a long long time :)

Back