Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

I decided to just eat as well as I could for the first trimester. With the sickness it's hard to keep on track, as I'm so hungry all the time.
I am doing well tho and haven't gained so far. I will obviously gain in the next 2 trimesters.

I am going to do simply filling for trimester 2 and 3. That way I can stay I can stay in control but still eat lots :)

Sounds like a good plan do u no roughly how much u will gain each month that is just baby and fluid so u can keep a track on what you have gained that might possibly b fat? I actually reckon u will b one of these ppl that dont gain a huge amount and get ur figure back a couple weeks after giving birth

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hmmm we will see. I don't think I'll ping back into shape. Exercise is what does it for me, when I exercise I lose quick. Without it I really don't. I am so far planning on breast feeding, which can help with weight loss apparently.

Baby: 7-8 pounds
Placenta: 1-2 pounds
Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
Uterus: 2 pounds
Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds
Maternal blood : 4 pounds
Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds
Maternal fat and nutrient stores: 7 pounds

So that's the 25-35 lbs most women should gain during pregnancy. With only 7lbs being fat. Plus you need that fat gain to help the baby. However most pregnant women follow the eat for 2 rule, when apparently we only need an extra 300 calories a day. Interesting stuff. I don't mind gaining 1-1.5stone after pregnancy. I could manage that.

Sounds like a very busy day off yesterday. How are the inlaws doing?

How was the return to work today? Food looking yum. Have you tried the skinny lizzie sausages? They are low fat ones but absolutely lovely.

Always busy....inlaws are hardwork. His dad is comfortable right now, no pain and generally happy. Although Parkinson's is a horrible disease, he is all over the place. Wobbling around and swaying from side to side. Hard to see and no way to help. His mum is going insane...maybe from being a carer for his dad but she is also ill with lung problems and circulation problems in the legs. They rarely leave the house. We do a lot for them and I don't honestly know how we will cope with a baby as well, we are trying to get them to move into our town/villiage. It is something on both our minds for a long time, but in the end it just felt like we needed to think of our needs as well as theirs, they don't know I'm pregnant.

Work was fine. I've had lots of energy and been in a good mood. Chris the nurse 100% knows I'm pregnant. She's hilarious. She deals with lots of pregnant women and I guess knows what a pregnant person acts like. She was stood behind my manager today (only the 3 of us in) with a plum and a peach. Weighing them up trying to guess the size. I was smiling. So I drew a lime on a post it note and said 'I took this call for you' she was like .....'at 11 clock??' Meaning 11 weeks.
She is the lead children's nurse in Lincolnshire and must get paid a fortune but is so down to earth and funny.

Might give them sausages a go....but I'm a tough one to please when it comes to sausages. Some foods have to be done right and are worth the calories.
I can eat low calorie curry/pasta/bolanese etc but when it's comes to sausages and pie I need the real deal.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391548222.801382.jpg
Hubby booked Valentines meal...I just have to pick...

I think:

Venison for starter - can't have the scallops or lobster mouse. The other option has a runny egg and hollandaise sauce could be homemade with raw egg. So the starter was picked for me....sucks! But still sounds nice :)

Main - all sound amazing....torn between beef and duck I think. Maybe the duck.

Pudding - strawberry and white Choc creme brûlée.

What would you all pick? I'm curious.

P.S - oh no....further investigation shows terrine is pate. That's a no!! I'll go with the scallops maybe but ask for them to be cooked, not seared: ARGHHhh stuck on starter choice.

Last edited:
The only thing that catches my eye is the banoffee pudding, starters yuk and possibly the beef on its own without the rest... im not used to posh food :-D

Maybe tell the restaurant you are pregnant and none of their starters are suitable for early stages of pregnancy. They may make somethkng else for you or let you pick of their main menu. Beef would be for me and creme brulee :) enjoy. My valentines will be nothing unfortunately :( xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Booo. I love valentines, perfect excuse for good food. The inlaws are paying :)
They are going to make me a vegetarian starter. :)

And..:...:....I love a bit of posh grub if it's good quality. It's like masterchef.... I could jump in the TV and eat it all.

My very own pizza dough, cooked on a pizza stone. This is just cheese and mushroom, didn't feel like anything fancy. But tasted great. Unfortunately the hubby brought iceberg lettuce....snore

I made 3 pizzas with the dough.
Cheese and mushroom - plain for me.
Pepperoni, peppers, ham and mushroom for hubby
Olives, mushroom, extra cheese, chicken for lunch/snacks.

I only had half. Struggling with big meals at the moment.ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391631743.030352.jpg

Looks very tasty! I love iceberg lettuce!

I agree with ur other post, im at end of week 4 and im starting to feel like I wanna eat this and that and im worring that when I try and maintain if u loose all my weight I will just wanna scoff again I really gotta change my thinking

Looks very tasty! I love iceberg lettuce!

I agree with ur other post, im at end of week 4 and im starting to feel like I wanna eat this and that and im worring that when I try and maintain if u loose all my weight I will just wanna scoff again I really gotta change my thinking

It's when dieting boredom sets in but your doing so well I'm sure the numbers will motivate you to keep going. I am eating so much right now I decided to eat a normal amount today. I drove all the way home and puked up liquid (water?) all over the front garden, in the dark and in the rain. First real sickness I have. Taught me just to eat when I'm hungry and not worry about the quantity for now. Until the sickness feeling stops.

Thats not nice I hope it doesn't last

YAY!! Just read NhS website and it says it's only America that can't eat Chorizo, pepperoni, pre packed meats etc while pregnant. The UK say it's fine!!!!! :)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391773004.728151.jpg
I think a lime is bigger than a plum and a peach.....but anyway I'm a lime tomorrow :)

That lime looks huge ! :-D

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391803304.829101.jpg
Steak (Very Well done boooo but listeria free)
Broccoli
Celery/cucumber/lettuce/apple salad
Egg
Homemade Posh fryer chips

Yum!!! Can't wait to have a steak that isn't well done!

Looks good

Back