Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

Oh wow!!! So I saw this baby grow? Not sure if that's what they are called in town that says 'me and mummy love daddy' and even though we said no buys before scan, I thought it be a cute little thing to give my hubby on valentines day. Went to town and they only had pink or blue....booooo.

So anyway everything is pink or blue. I hate it. I really just love bright colours and neutral shades. Especially for a newborn. I'm a girl and I wear blue all the time. Anyway I found a 5 pack. One of them says 'I love daddy' one says 'I love mummy' and the rest are just cute and have elephants on etc. i got 0-3months and I can't believe I'm gonna grow a baby that big hah!!

Anyway that's what the hubby is getting. A 'I love daddy' baby outfit and a 'IOU voucher for me to bake any recipe he wants from the hummingbird bakery cake book' cos he loves cakes.

We don't go crazy for presents on valentines, never have. But we always have a meal out or make a special effort and cook a nice meal in and film :)

P.s I think I'm having a craving. All I want to eat is mash potato. Not homemade, the sort you buy and put in the microwave. I haven't had microwave mashed potato in ages as I love my homemade so much. Anyway I just bought some from M&S.

I bet neil will love that :-D its always hard to resist buying bits like that! Er smash :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Eww not smash, that's gross.
It's like made in a bowl in the fridge section and you just microwave for 4mins.

I can completely get on board with mashed potato cravings :) Although don't think you have to be pregnant to crave mashed potato. Food of the gods!

Some very yummy meal pictures. The pizza looks lovely, as does the steak. Are the pizza stones worthwhile? Do they make that much difference? Been toying with getting one for ages but as I don't have much kitchen storage space don't like getting things unless I really know they are worth it.

Menu for Valentines meal looks lovely. I would have scallops to start and duck for main. Probably wouldn't bother with a dessert, nothing there really appeals to me that much. We've never really been the sort of people that do anything for Valentines day. Which is probably partly because our anniversary (of getting together rather than getting married) is at the very end of January and then my birthday is only a few days after Valentines day. But an excuse for a nice meal out is generally a good idea in my book.

Ive never tried it like that

Potato overload today.
I made chips too
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391900567.654287.jpg
Without oil ;)

They look good, how did u make them?

Chopped up some potato and threw them in my posh actifry thing. (It was a wedding gift) and left them to cook for 25mins.

Those chips do look good indeed. Love how even they always seem to come out from an actifry.

I never asked for an actifry and I'm not sure I'd buy one but it was a nice wedding gift. Cooks chips fast without having to preheat. I did a nice curry in it and when I feel like a fish finger sandwich I don't have to wait too long :)

Just looking through my honeymoon pics, found this one. I chopped my head off as not keen on a bikini shot of me being out there online.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391958820.277305.jpg
Anyway...check out that waist. I may just be having a down day as my clothes feel tight but I've been bloated for 7 weeks so I deserve a little moan. Only have a 3lb gain and I'm 11 weeks, but my waist feels so big.

Anyway.... It's all for the good. I think my honeymoon pics be good inspiration for the future. Don't wanna lose straight away as I plan on breast feeding. But I spent ages being so unconfident and covering up by beach/pool and my honeymoon I just felt relaxed and didn't feel the need to worry about others looking etc

Is it the tefal actifry? I want the family one but they r over £200! :-( They do look yummy!

U look so thin! Id b so happy if I was as thin as u :-D

I was happy at that weight and even looked okay with a little extras. At one point I did weigh less and I didn't look or feel good at all.

Yes Tefal Actify. Don't know if it's a family one, I don't think it is. It came with a recipe book that had rice, pasta, chips, meat etc but I haven't experimented much. I'm pretty old school and like my oven, but it is good for premade food. As my oven takes 10-15mins to preheat and this skips that. So it does save time. I know it's meant to be healthier, but I use the same amount of oil if I oven cook.

Yeah I think its meant to give nicer chips even if u use same amount of oil as the oil is being evenly distributed over the chips!

I deff agree that if u went smaller than that u would probably look a bit ill, u said u got to a bit smaller than that was that when u did ww last time ?

Yes when I was trying to maintain. I was eating all the food weight watchers suggested and eating all my activity points but I kept losing. In the end I stopped doing ww and just ate healthy but filling foods and stopped weighing myself. Eventually I gained the lost weight and maintained quite well. I think to maintain I was eating 2300-2500 calories per day when I worked it out. Then when I stopped exercising as much as I injured my knees I gained about 4-7lbs over about 4months but you really couldn't tell. I'm 5ft9 so weight kind of sits quite easy.

The reason I am healthy eating during pregnancy isn't do to with weight at all. It's mainly to make sure I eat good healthy foods and stay clear of rubbish. I could quite easily go back to eating cakes and biscuits all the time because pregnancy is a good excuse. But at the end of the day everything that goes through my body is passed to my baby. I want a healthy strong baby with the best start in life. So lots of fruit, veg, meats etc and I am having treats but it's a bit more controlled.

Did u manage to sort out ur tyroid? I think its best to try and eat healthy for pregnancy as it is so much better for baby, and I did hear that studies showed that mums that ate crap through pregnancy ended up with overweight children, dont no how true that is tho as they always say one thing and the next month it changes :-D

No...because when I got another set of thyroid tests done they were 100% normal. Then my pregnancy ones came out perfect. So not sure what happened really.

Dunno what to eat tonight, hubby gone to footie. I can either cook a nice meal for 1, have a tin of soup or walk to chippy.

Perhaps eating well helped sort it, I think it does doesn't it?

Ooh chippy :-D but soup is nice on a cold wet day :-D

That photo is phenomenal! Go Purpled!

How are things? Any improvement with the energy and nausea?

I am awaiting the update on the size of mini-purpled this week.

Back