Purplejays Food Diary - All Green

Oh dear, had 2 more bacardi and diet cokes 10 sins!

Hiya, back from a lovely holiday in Valencia :) Now back to the diet. Been to Zumba again tonight and booked induction for the gym next friday. How's it going with the cross trainer Ro1s1n?

Today I have had:-

Breakfast
Toast and peanut butter (1HB, 4.5 Syns)

Lunch
Toast and cheese (1HB and 1HA)

Tea
Quorn swedish balls, mash, carrots, brocolli, carrots, gravy (2 syns)

Supper
1 Quorn sausage, beans, scrambled egg and mushrooms in frylight

Snacks
1 whiskey (2 syns), milk in drinks (0.5HA)

Exercise
1 hour zumba class
Total 9 syns

Last edited:
Welcome back from your holiday :) soooo jealous!! And as for the cross trainer I've not really been on it :( naughty me!! I've been quite poorly with a bad cold for the last 2 weeks now and its just about going now so perhaps over the weekend :D

Friday

Breakfast
2 weetabix and milk (1HB, 1HA)

Lunch
Warm lentil and feta (1HA) salad in sainsburys with a bread roll (1HB). Syns in dressing and 1/2 pat of butter but not sure what to count. (Will count 4 syns) It was really scrummy :)

Tea
Pasta with sauce made of mushrooms, creamed tomato, fresh tomato, pesto and a bit of cheese. Served with olives. (Probably 3 syns in all).

Snacks
Mini roll (6 syns) and bag of french fries (4 syns), 1 apple, 1 mug shot, diet drinks.

Exercise
Only a bit of walking in town and food shopping
Total 17 syns

Last edited:
Oh forgot to add, I weighed in today and still weigh 13st 2lb which is fab for saying I have been on holiday! Onward and downward!

Saturday

Breakfast
Toast (HB), dairylea light, scrambled egg, beans

Lunch
Mushroom omlette, 2 quorn gujons, beans

Tea
Mushroom and pepper curry made with part jar rogan josh sauce (5 syns) and part creamed tomatoes and curry powder, with basmati rice

Snacks
Rum and raisin ice cream cone (3 syns) , milk in drinks (HA), 2 glasses of red wine (12 syns)

That's 20 syns but I have only had 1 HA and 1 HB so I am hoping it will not blow it to badly!
I know you are supposed to have them all but I have had a pretty healthy day really I reckon.

Sunday

Breakfast
Cornflakes and milk (HA+HB)
Toast and dairylea light (HB)

Lunch
Egg fried rice made with fry light, egg, onion, garlic and left over rice, served with a quorn peppered steak - it was scrummy and free :) 1.5 ww fromage frais for pudding

Tea
Potatoes, brocolli, gravy (2 syns), quorn gujons (2syns?), carrots, onions fried in frylight

Snacks
Milk in drinks (HA), grapes, 2 chocs (2 syns), 2 cans Gaymers apple cider...(not sure but will count 8 each) seems a bit of a waste, I could have had supper for less but I just fancied the cider. It was lovely chilling in the bath with a can and reading my book - drinking can no 2 now.

Total syns 22

Exercise - housework i.e. vacuming, cleaning/sweeping floors, cleaning bathroom, washing, pegging out, fetching in, tidying up, sweeping patio and yard - all very productive and I am shattered so it must count!

Last edited:
Monday - Here is the plan!

Breakfast
Toast and hummous (HB)

Lunch
Sainsburys BGTY Veg Mousakka (5 Syns), mixed veg, ww fromage frais

Snack
2 choc chip cookies (6 syns), Milk in drinks (HA)

Tea
Pasta, pesto (3 syns), garlic, tomatoes, low fat cheese (HB), mushroom, courgette, half fat creme fraiche (1.5 syns)

Supper
Milky coffee (HA)

Total 15.5 syns
Exercise Only a 10 min walk each way from car to work!

Last edited:
Tuesday

Breakfast
Toast and hummous (1.5HB)

Lunch
Innocent Dahl Veg Pot (7syns)

Tea
Quorn sausage, tinned tomatoes, poached egg, mushrooms (in frylight), brown sauce (0.5 syn) bread (0.5HB & 2 Syns)

Snacks
1 choc chip cookie (3 syns), 2 pieces of chocolate (2 syns), Milky coffee (HA), Milk in drinks (HA)

Total 14.5 syns
Exercise - none - must try harder!

Oh forgot to say, I weighed myself this morning and have lost another pound :)

Thanks and good morning :)

I am up bright and early, got a pot of sauce from the freezer last night for lunch and will buy a jacket spud to have with it at lunch. Feeling organised!

I don't think I can wait for breakfast at work today at 9.30am (the toast and hummous) so I will have 1 weetabix in a mo to tide me over. I find if I can breakfast at work though a bit later, I last better until lunchtime.

Will probably get offered another choc chip cookie at work today but will try to limit it to 1! They are very nice.

No exercise planned - it will be easier once I have joined the gym - I plan to go at least once at the start of the week (either Mon/Tues/Wed) and stick with the zumba on Thursday nights. I am going to join on Thurs and have my induction booked for Friday. If I only go twice per week, ie once to a class and once to the gym, it will cover the cost of joining (as against paying as I go). Any extra is a bonus (I will try to go at the weekend too).

Wednesday

Breakfast
1 weetabix and milk (0.5 HA & 0.5 HB)
Toast and hummous (1 HB)

Lunch
Jacket potato with 1 point pasta sauce from freezer and natural cottage cheese

Tea
Half a portion of mushroom chow mein, half a portion of egg fried rice and half a pot of black pepper sauce (am going to count 12 syns), 2 pints of bitter (16 syns)

Snacks
WW fromage frais, milk in drinks (HA), Choc chip cookie (3 syns)

Total syns...31 syns...
Total exercise...None

Last edited:
Thursday

Breakfast
2 Weetabix and milk (HA&HB)

Lunch on the go!
1 maryland cookie (2.5 syns), 1 plain digestive (3.5 syns), 1 dairylea dunker (breadstick one) (5.5 syns)

Tea
Oven chips (3 syns) and asda vegetable chilli (yummy and free)

Supper
Savoury rice, mushrooms, half a tomato, 1 tsp curry powder (all free)

Snacks
Milk in drinks (from HA), 1 bottle of white wine - oops (27 syns), 1 mini roll (6 syns)

Not a good day food wise!

Excercise - Zumba class
Total Syns - 47.5 Blimey - they do mount up don't they!

Last edited:
Friday

Breakfast
4 cream crackers (6 syns), 1 dairylea light (from HA)

Lunch
1 bread roll (HB), 2 sainsburys veggie hotdog sausages (3 syns), mushrooms in frylight,

Tea
Pasta with brocoli and creme fraiche, puy lentil, tomato, onion and leek sauce seasoned with a splash of red wine, a couple of teapoons of bisto gravy granules, some basil and paprika. I thought it was scrummy but hubby not so sure - I think the lentils put him off! (1 syn) Cheese (HB)

Snacks
Turkish delight ice cream (9 syns), milk in drinks (from HA)

Total syns:- 19
Exercise - Gym session, Wii Just Dance 2 , Wii Resort cycling, swordfighting etc!

I enjoyed reading your diary :)
I just started last wednesday and following the green plan as well :D
Keep up the good work!

Hi Jen, thanks and good luck :)

Saturday

Ok, not stuck to plan today but will record what I have had.

Breakfast
cornflakes (syns), milk (HA)

Lunch - picnic at NT property.
1 cheese and pickle sandwich (small slice of bread, no butter)
1 sandwich with 0.5 dairylea light (as above)
0.75 bag wotsits, 0.25 bag french fries (M wanted to swop!)
Salad - leftover pasta and lentil mix from yesterday, tomatoes, raddish, cucumber
Capri sun blackcurrent drink.
All syns

Tea at pub
Hubby, M and I shared the following:-
Cheese and biscuits for 2, garlic ciabatta, chips (2HB and some syns)
2 Diet cokes

Snacks
Scone with jam and cream, milk in drinks (HA and some syns)

Supper
A bit more leftover pasta warmed up. 4 vodka and cokes. (would estimate about 14 syns)

Total syns unknown!

Exercise 1 hour at the gym, lots of walking at NT property.

Sunday

Breakfast
1 bread roll HB, 1 veggie hotdog sausage 1.5 syns, sauce (0.5 syns)

Lunch
2 Dairylea light (HA), bread (HB) pickle (0.5 syn)

Dinner
Quorn mince, mushroom, frylight, potatoes, green beans, broccoli, carrots, bisto veggie gravy (2 syns)
Small piece chocolate cake (going to count 6 syns as about same size as a cadburys mini roll!)

Snacks
2 pieces of galaxy bubbles (3 syns), 1 vodka (2.5 syns)

Total syns 16
Exercise - Went swimming with M so not much actual swimming done just lots of playing with him. A pretty active hour spent though.

No gym today, planned a walk tomorrow with my best mate - a chance to chat and keep fit! Also planning to break it up with a diet coke at the pub! Might go to gym tomorrow too, depends on how busy hubby is (to have M) and on when I get up!

Happy easter xx

Monday

Breakfast
Cereal and milk (HA & HB)

Lunch
OK - we walked about 2 miles each way to the pub and back but all ideas of a diet coke went out of the window! I had a cheesy chip cob with mayo and salad cream and 3 pints of larger and lime - it was lovely!

Tea
Morrisons Eat smart vegetable chilli and rice, sliced tomato

Not bothering to try and count syns accurately - I know it was a lot! Probably about 40. Lots of walking though so should compensate a bit.

Hi

Vodka and diet coke is 2.5 syns. I think its the only liquid I drink lol

Lisa xx

Ok, back on track :)

Tuesday

Breakfast
1 weetabix(0.5HB) with milk(0.5HA)
1 alpen light (0.5HB)
WW from frais (free)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Pasta sauce (2 syns)
2 apples (free)

Tea
Mushrooms, quorn sausage, poached egg, tinned tomatoes, frylight (all free)
Bread (HB)
brown sauce (0.5 syns)

Snacks
1 biscuit (2.5 syns)
1 chocolate (1 syn)
milk in drinks (0.5HA)

Supper
Tinned bean salad, cucumber, quorn peppered beef slices (all free)
0.5oz cheddar (0.5HA)

Total 6 syns.

Exercise 1 hour step class - it nearly killed me lol!

Back