put your hands up if you never cheat on your diet!??

I don't like this word "cheating". It implies something underhand or sinister is going on and could lead to guilt. We are either on plan or off plan. Nothing else.

The scales will tell it like it is:scale:

I agree with this and I also think that people deal with the plan differently. Success for some is never going off plan. For others success is going off plan and then successfully going back on it again. No one is better than the other, if it works for you, keep doing it your way.

I am only about to get on the scales for my 6th WI, but i have never yet eaten off plan. I still worry that it will work for me, especially as I seem to gain weight every 3rd week even whilst eating 100%.

The longer I can stay on plan the more confidence I will have

Im only on my second week but have found it really easy to stick too, hope I can keep it up! x

Ive been on sw 8 weeks and haven cheated yet either..slimming world is great :D been out for the odd meal but try and choose sensible options!

I don't cheat either:D ..... I started off not daring to stray off plan as on ww etc one thing "off plan" would start my eating avalanche :eek: ..only as time has gone on I have realised that I don't need to cheat as I love the way Im eating... Im on week 46 now and as far as Im concerned this is the way I will be aeting for the rest of my life...

hear hear!!!!!!!!!:D

I've done slimming world a couple of times, and started back in January this yr from home. Each time I've done SW I've always allowed myself 1 meal per week where I eat what I want.

I do however try to keep it to a reasonable treat and not go overboard, i usually have something like Singapore chow mein or chicken fried rice and curry sauce from the Chinese so I'm sure if I synned the dish it'd be within my allowance anyway.

Before I started back on SW if I had a take away i would share a mixture of dishes with my family and they would be something like BBQ spare ribs, chicken balls, prawn crackers, beef curry etc and a desert to follow but now I keep it to one dish reasonably lower synned and I can't eat a full portion now whereas before I'd have managed a full one and then some!!!

Chinese being my favourite I find that by allowing myself 1 meal a week out of approx 21 meals keeps me motivated, and less likely to go off plan mid week

X x x

I think a ''cheat'' is ok as long as you keep the motivation going and you can stay in control, maybe it's about having the confidence to know it's ok to have an off day!! But the plan is a very personal thing and we are all individuals and yes i would prob feel guilty for going off plan so i stick to it every day. The beauty is you can eat so much on sw that i don't feel the need to go off plan, and can still go out for meals and enjoy healthy eating to the max!!

Theres been the odd day I've had off plan but I've always gone straight back on the next day, also theres been times I've come back from a night out (drinks synned) hungry and used a HEB from the next day to make some toast (theres syn free stuff I could make up like pasta or jacket spuds but I'm wary of putting the oven and hob after I've been drinking incase I fall asleep and set the house on fire). I've also made sw crisps (with potatoes or lasagna sheets) without synning them, however when I used to go to classes (I do it at home now) my consultant said she thought it was ok to do them without synning if you was having them once a week or less but if you was having them more often then you should syn them.

I have been on the plan for one month and have not cheated at all. I have not actually felt the need to cheat as the plan is so 'generous'. Unfortunately my saintly approach hasn't paid off yet as I gained 5 pounds in my first week, lost 2 pounds in my second week, lost 2 pounds in my third week and gained 1.5 pounds in my fourth week. Go figure! The cheaters seem to be having more success at this game than me. Beginning to wonder if the saintly approach is overrated....or maybe I am just feeling disheartened after my WI last night. The lack of progress is causing me stress and keeping me up at night (like tonight)! I sound like such a drama queen :-(

I find that the only time I am 'off the plan' is when I am out with Hubby or not planned my day.

With my Hubby if we are out shopping at the local shopping centre aka Lakeside, and we're hungry we always end up in MacDonalds. He doesnt like places like Giardino as they are expensive. So I always end up having something high syn meal. I have the meal, enjoy it and get back on the plan. Hubby is lovely and slim and doesnt need SW so why should I restrict him with my own eating plan when I can work with the situation.

As others have said SW is a way of life and if my slim hubby can have a Maccy D's and then go back to 'normal' eating then I can do it with SW.

I have been on the plan for one month and have not cheated at all. I have not actually felt the need to cheat as the plan is so 'generous'. Unfortunately my saintly approach hasn't paid off yet as I gained 5 pounds in my first week, lost 2 pounds in my second week, lost 2 pounds in my third week and gained 1.5 pounds in my fourth week. Go figure! The cheaters seem to be having more success at this game than me. Beginning to wonder if the saintly approach is overrated....or maybe I am just feeling disheartened after my WI last night. The lack of progress is causing me stress and keeping me up at night (like tonight)! I sound like such a drama queen :-(

I think your not a drama queen!! I would be well fustrated with that, you need to give yourself break and be proud of the fact you aint just packed it in!! keep at it and im sure you will start getting the results!! well done!!

Back