Quark

SUE49

Can anyone tell me why its not correct to use Quark 'as it is' please.
I have tried adding tobasco and also chicken bovril and it was quite tasty.
Any other ideas please?
Sue

PS I have put this in the wrong place,can it be moved please?

I don't know what you mean about it being wrong to use Quark as it comes out of the tub - fine by me (and my consultant) - although I hate the stuff!

Out of interest, where did you hear this?

It's absolutely fine to use Quark as is, straight from the pot so I too am a bit confused about where you've heard this. :confused:

Thank you for your replies.I am new on here and have spent ages browsing so I wasnt sure where Iread it however this is it by ROS V (17th April)
Make sure it's VERY LOW FAT cottage cheese!!! You can also use QUARK for a totally free spread, but we can't use it "undoctored" so wizz 112g cheese (we use very strong Cheddar) into a 250g tub of quark, add some coarse black pepper and use this as TWO people's healthy A choice for TWO days - delicious, had it on Scan Bran earlier! (and it improves in the fridge overnight).

Sue

I think they possibly mean you don't tend to use it 'undoctored' because it tastes of absolutely nothing at all (think Philadelphia without the taste) - who'd want to eat something like that?!

meals with Quark

Hello Sue,

I'm from Germany and I'm also doing SW. We eat quark alot in Germany and here are some ideas for you.

1. Mix a quark pot with one egg, season with salt pepper and herbs and fill a big portobello mushroom with it. Heat it in the oven and that's it. The quark will lose lot's of water in the baking tray so just get rid of it. Enjoy!

2. We also eat quark with jacket potaoes, just simply season with fresh chives, onions, dill, a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper. Enjoy! ;)

Hi Sue

Most people in my group hate Quark, but once you get used to it it's fine. You can add a HEx portion of stilton to it and leave it overnight which makes a nice dip. I've found it good for mixing with things like diced chicken to make a jacket potato filling on EE. I also have it plain on Scan Bran which I quite like! Just make sure you give it a good stir before using :0)

Thank you to everyone for suggestions and comments. I must admit I quite like it now but it is not easy to find, I will try Asda tomorrow.
Sue

Morrisons, asda and tescos do stock this (around 70p per pot), i have bought it from all 3 i've not tried sainsburys though,

I find it nice if i mix it with some fresh herbs, spring onions,2 ex light l-cow tri and pour over my jacket pot :)

I always use quark for slimming world pasta quiche. Just add a few eggs and a cooled pasta n sauce and whack it in the oven... job done!!

I love quark!!!! Love it my jacket with chives, love it with pasta and bacon, love it on bread with tomato!

I am polish and we eat loads of quark-style cheese. I grew up eating it so I am finding it so yummy!
But you need salt and pepper in it!

..and it is really high in calcium and protein!

I love it!:p Great on Fruit Crunch Ryvita's (2= 1x heB.)Jacket potatoes, and it makes a lovely pudding .....Check out Strawberry Slices in the 40th Anniversary recipe book, free w Sept's mag.:p
Vee x

Hi

I fry red and green peppers, onion, mixed herbs, garlic, mushrooms, black pepper then add the Quark and cooked pasta - yummy.

Sue

I love quark as you can do so much with it.
I always have 2 or 3 tubs in the fridge.
I use to for jacket potato, stuffing chicken, in quiche, in the lovely chocolate cake and as a dip (with lots of seasoning) It's 49p a tub at Tesco. Very good value!

Back