Question about boobs (lady boobs!)

Snorks

Can I ask those of you who have a lost a lot of weight,what have your boobs done in terms of bra sizes?

My bras are definitely emptier and I've lost a lot of the volume on the top surface (if you see what I mean). I'm still wearing my old bras and don't really want to spend a lot on new ones in the interim. i have no idea what size I'll end up when I stop LL. It doesn't help that I've been breastfeeding and that is starting to ramp down a bit so they are also shrinking because of that!:rolleyes:

If you had big boobs, have your proportions changed? or are they still reasonably big?

I'm thinking of going to Bravissimo to get measured and see if they have any balconette-style bras in my size.

So I was measured about 6 weeks into LL and was a 40D, they fit perfectly and I bought 1 black and 1 white (nothing pretty, just functional). Over the last 6 weeks they have got looser and looser. I went in last Saturday and got measured again, I am now a 38D - so I got another black and another white. I had found, like you, that I had plenty of room in the top of the cup. The lady who measured me couldn't believe it was only 6 weeks!

I've decided that I will be buying new bras as I think if you have a well fitting bra it makes clothes fit so much better and therefore you feel better about yourself! Mine are going to look fairly dreadful by the end of this so I might as well make them look as good as possible in clothes!

I've lost a load off the gazongas! Gone from a 38F to a 32DD. Don't think my proportions have changed much, though, I've lost 13 inches off each area - boobs/waist/hips, so I think it all evens itself out.

Well done on your fab weight loss, by the way! Maybe have a look at figleaves.co.uk, they have a great sizing guide and an excellent free returns service, so you can order a few, try them on at home (saves scrambling about in shop changing rooms!) and then send back any you aren't completely happy with.

Thank you! I've been a 40JJ for a couple of years, whilst I've been BF. I've put the hooks on the smallest setting and the back strap still rides right up my back. I've just tried on a 40GG from the depths of my cupboard and the back is definitely too big, and the cups are wrinkly. If only large size bras weren't so expensive!

40JJ? By heck, that's an impressive prow! :p It's very unfair that manufacturers are so exploitative with pricing when you're a bigger size. But there's a few bargains to be had on eBay once you've found yourself a brand and a size that you know fit you, you can usually sift it out on eBay. Figleaves sometimes run the odd promotion, too! If you check out www.hotukdeals.co.uk and enter figleaves in the 'voucher finder' section, it'll keep you updated on when there's codes for money off and free delivery. There's a 10% off and free delivery code at the mo, just enter 'FIGHOTEL' at the checkout. There's a few others, too, I think.

Every bit helps when you're having to fork out for a larger size bra! I have a friend who's 40GG and she swears by M&S's Total Support range. M&S are great for returns, too.

40JJ? By heck, that's an impressive prow! :p

The largest I've been is a 40L and that's only because I couldn't find any larger ones! :eek:

I shall check out those tips thanks!

I was a 42FF when I started LL and am now a 36E. They're certainly not as full as they used to be and need more support to keep them from round my ankles but I'm still pretty proud of them and see them as my best feature.
I always found Bravissimo was so expensive. Figleaves do some great deals and www.amplebosom.co.uk is a really good one to visit for some good deals too (got a fab swimming costume from them).
Don't worry, given your current size, I'm sure there'll be plenty left when you get to your goal weight! xx

As a 36C Im hoping its only my back size and not my cup size that goes down lol x

i was a 38FF before starting and got measured in bravissimo 8 weeks ago and had a 30F and a 30FF
i was really surprised as my boobs have def shrunk and are sort of 'empty' but i was still in an F
need to go again tho as i have lost another 1.5 since the last time

daisy x

If, like me...you have lots of random sized bras in your collection...you might notice something.

If you take the back size up a size...you can take the cup size down. On bigger back sizes the cup is larger. e.g. the cup on a 28D is not the same volume of cup that is on a 40D.

So...in theory, you could actually go up cup sizes if you tend to lose from your back and not so much from boobs.

Odd eh?

YES! They are shrinking! .. Much to my boyfriend's disappointment.
I used to be a large 38DD now, after 6 weeks i'm getting very close to 36D.
My boobs always go down first (of all the places :()
I find myself losing weight in th weirdest places, like my fingers lol
My ass still resists ;)

just a quick update, I got measured last week by bravissimo. I've gone from a 40L less than 2 years ago to a 36G! The lady said she would be tempted to put me in a 34 back size quite soon, I was shocked!

And the bonus is that I managed to find 2 bras that fit brilliantly in the M&S sale for a fiver each - woohoo! It's made such a difference to my boobs, it's unreal and it really makes it more noticeable that I've lost weight. You can really see the difference around my ribcage.

I have been getting interim bras from Sainsburys and Asda, pretty and cheap so it really doesn't matter if they only last a few weeks.

Jez
xx

TK MAXX

My boobs have changed dramatically too.
Gone from 44DD to 32E. Don't ask - I don't know how!!!
Anyway. TK Maxx often have lovely bras in strange sizes, very posh and very cheap.

was a 42 dd after having bella at my biggest , was pretty much a 38-40 b all my adult life leading up to that , now down to a 34 c .

I've gone from a 40B to a 34C - smallest bra size I can ever remember buying!

Went for a new bra at the weekend - started in Jan at a 40J/K and am now a 32 HH :eek:. What a difference.

Now I'd like to drop a few more cup sizes please so I have way more choice. Very, very few smaller back sizes come in the larger cup sizes :cry:.

xx

Back