Question about CDC meeting

slaterslady

Silver Member
Just wondering I am managing to cope on the ss plan well and I simply go to my cdc to buy my stuff get weighed and leave - lucky if i'm there 5 minutes or more.

Is it acceptable (or not recommended) that I could just go today buy like my months supply and just go for weigh in's once a month - or do you think that I need to still have that contact once a week?

xx

i go every 2 weeks - you could maybe drop down to that...i would say any longer and you may feel a bit alone and also when you know you have a weigh-in you are stricter with SS - well thats how it was for me anyway! x

That's all I do, Nikki. I go once a month to get weighed and pick up supplies, and my CDC usually rings me once or twice in between just to check that I'm ok and I have the option to ring him or email him if I want, but it suits me just to crack on with the task and stick to monthly visits.

I used to visit my CDC every two weeks and got into 'bother', got a bit lax about SS so now I go every week instead.

But that's just me, I think its wat ever you tghink will suit you. If you're happy enough with monthly vists then try it or try a forthnight first. If you find it tough you can always make appointment with your CD during the month for just a weigh in.

I think its an individual thing
Best of luck with which ever you decide :)

hmm, well i thought we were allowed up to 1/2- 1 hour with our cdc to discuss any problems...mine is brilliant and is really supportive, i usually spend about 1/2 an hour with her- i think if i was weighed, given my packs and shipped out i'd find it pretty difficult, so well done for being so strong all of you without the support from ur cdc :party0011:
x

I must admit as nice as she is I kinda get the feeling her diary is so full she needs us in and out - when she rechecks me in for another appointment you can see she has people in almost every 10 mins - so there's no way she could give me that support even if i needed it, maybe thats why I have learnt to manage on my own. My problem is I already feel I am building up an aversion to food and I'm not sure whether that is the part I need the support with - It totally freaks me out about the thought of putting food in my mouth again. which I know is ridiculous but hey guess ill worry about that when Ive lost the weight :)

If you feel like you could cope without seeing your CDC as often, then do what's best for you.

I don't think your CDC is doing you any favours if she's only allowing 10mins per client.....they really need to discuss your progress etc with you, as part of their job, which they can't possibly do in 10mins.

Sadly, it looks like money is your CDC's motivator, rather than a desire to help people....which isn't fair on you.

Don't worry about your issues with food....I'm sure you'll be ok !

You just need to see food as a fuel for your body rather than a luxury or treat....once you get towards target weight & gradually start introducing healthy foods you'll be ok.....you won't want to put 'bad' food into your body, & undo all your hard work.

Good luck with everything !

My problem is I already feel I am building up an aversion to food and I'm not sure whether that is the part I need the support with - It totally freaks me out about the thought of putting food in my mouth again. which I know is ridiculous but hey guess ill worry about that when Ive lost the weight :)

that's exactly how i have started to feel and that's why OH got me to do aamw with him last week...

i still felt horrendously guilty when i was eating tho xxx

Back