Question about Quiche without Cottage Cheese..

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
I've just found this recipe in the forum above.....and I am going to cook it for tonight.

My question is - Is this free on RED ?

Tuna & Bacon Quiche

4 eggs
2 cans tuna in brine drained
1 onion chopped
2 slices bacon chopped
handful mushrooms chopped
1 tomato sliced
salt and pepper / mixed herbs

Dry fry the onion and mushroom with the bacon. Drain the tuna and place in the bottom of a shallow oven proof dish. Add the onion, mushrooms and bacon to the tuna and stir well. Season to taste.
Beat the eggs together (add a splash of milk if wish) and pour over the tuna mix. Arrange the tomato slices over the top.
Place in oven (190c) and cook for 30-40 minutes until set.

Thanking you. X

Yes, this would be free on a Red and and EE day Hun.

We had this quiche tonight and it was delicious and filling.

We had it hot with peas, broad beans, carrots and a dollop of HP sauce, really nice.....I throughly recommend it. X

If you added the splash of milk then would that have to count as syns or as a HEA?

I did'nt add any milk actually, I just added a drop of water, and it was just as good.

It was free on a Red Day as were the carrots, I had broad beans as a HEXB and synned the peas and HP sauce which was 2½ syns, so a really nice meal and virtually free. X

Cool :) We are going round to the inlaws sometime over the weekend and I think I'll make some of that to take with me (or the mini ham ones on the SW website). I am hoping that if I do that I will be able to resist all the bread and cheese that they put out with lunch!

i live on sw quiche i put 6 eggs, mushrooms, onions and tom on top, season with salt and pepper, its easy, cheap and lovely with a tin of beans xx

It certainly is Corrina, a really lovely filling meal and virtually free, I shall be making it again. X

Back