Question for anyone that may know the answer

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SteveM, 6 January 2008 Social URL.

1. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

When not on this diet I take a supplement which is Cod-Liver Oil + Chondroitin + MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane). This is a supplement purely for joints, which I take because I suffer quite bad pains in my finger joints when I do not take the stuff. As a programmer, having painful fingers is not a good thing, as they are moving about dancing across the keyboard all day :)

Anyway, like a good CD'er, I stopped taking these supplements when I restarted CD-SS on the 2nd, and the discomfort has gradually been building up to the stage where one of my fingers is very sore indeed.

Anyone know if I can take these three items (Cod Liver Oil, Chondroitin, MSM) whilst SSing, or am I just going to have to battle through? I do not want to do anything that will affect me getting to target - not this time.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Cambridge Plan
    I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I take all of these and more!!

Have had no problems at all, with SSing or 790, no problems with losses at all - do keep taking the tablets, they do make such a difference to our life and pain.

Just as an aside my Consultant Rheumatologist told me that the research done in 2007 on the uses of Glucosamine and/or Chondroitin have showed that for both RA/OA there is no benefit whatsoever to be had by taking the Chondroitin. She told me to take a minimin of 1000mg of Glucosamine per day and not to waste money on the Chondroitin as it is the expensive part of the equation. Hope this helps!

4. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

Oki-Doki STBG, I will look at Glucosamine instead then. The mix I was taking worked for me, so I was happy with that, but if there is a better solution I am happy to give it a go.

I just wanted to be sure that these would not affect weight losses or ketosis (if I ever register!!)

5. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Cambridge Plan
    No problem!

For me I had no choice in whether to drop the supplements or not, or whether to drop the medication - I have to take all of it.

Hope all goes well for you!

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.