question for icemousse please????

sallies

Just wondering when you got to the last stone did you struggle, there are lots of us on the pink site now struggling with the last stone. I have been stuck for some time now. Any thoughts you could put this way would be really appreciated.:)

Hi Sallies,

Mike is currently in hospital recovering from his tummy tuck and although he can post he is unable to read anything posted on here.

Linda

thats that up the swanny then thanks Linda and hope he is doing well.:)

I found the last stone came off slower and was much harder to get my head around. Not only because it was coming off slower but the old chatterbox was in full swing.

I only glanced at some of the messages on the pink site just to see if anyone needed me personally, but I got the impression that a few of you were struggling to lose as you went up the plans.

Think you might need to hang around at the 1,000 plan for a while :(

Hi Sallies

I'm finding the last stone to shift very difficult, i think it's because the desire to lose weight is not as strong as it was in the beginning...xxxx

Oooh that last stone! It's a bugger! I'm still trying to lose mine too after getting down to 8st 13lb last Sept, I'm now back up to 9st 10lb! I just haven't got enough motivation left at the moment, even though my clothes are getting a bit on the snug side!:rolleyes:

Good luck Sallies, don't let go of that desire!:D

thanks all for your posts. Its allways been a problem for me hence doing the cd but because of my mountain bike racing its even harder to find a happy medium of food and energy....

Have you considered increasing your calorie intake?

Although I don't know how much exercise you do when you're not training for a race, if it's anywhere near what I do then you should be able to eat 1500-2000 calories a day and still lose 2lb per week. If not then you might consider shaking up your training programme? Again, I don't know what you do, but I'd assume it's mostly cycling - might be an idea to do some other types of cardio and some resistance training. Of course you may already do this - it's just an idea, if you're struggling with the last stone.

If you're on 1200 calories and regularly exercising a lot your BMR will drop which is only going to slow down your weight loss. Although we need to create enough of a deficit to lose weight, it's also important to eat sufficient calories for our needs, particularly if we're exercising!

The last stone I think is the hardest as you have to physcically face up to why you got fat in the first place and deal with "emotional eating" I eat loads yesterday when I was not hungry. Rather than think "oh why did I eat those wine gums" I am thinking wow that is interesting! and trying to learn from my bad habits and to control myself and learn why I wanted them in the first place. It's not the scales it's the head that is the barrier for me.

Struggling a bit this week but lost 3lbs last week on the 1000 plan, finding it hard because I am not in ketosis and the old bad habits are starting to show their ugly face. I had 3 bars, roast beef with yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes, Chicken salad, hot choclate and wine gums yesterday (1,300 cals) as it is TOTM and I always go crazy.

Back out of ketosis now, so today need to get focused, scales saying another 1bs gone since Sat which to some degree is bad as I think I can stuff my face and still loose but that is not practical in the long term!

This last stone is by far the hardest.... I will not put back on, I made a promise to myself and just need to learn more about me so I can address the eating problem head on. Love bunnycd xxxxxxxxxxx

I am afraid once you have an eating problem you will always have one - it's only up to you to sort out why in your head then build a life around controlling it.

Thanks all again for replys, well im a cycle coach, gym instructor and nutritionist so im not short of info. My training is fully worked out by me as an annual plan and performance related. It dosnt matter what calories i do at the moment im not losing im just stuck...... I suppose it will move again sometime sooner or later.

Thanks all again for replys, well im a cycle coach, gym instructor and nutritionist so im not short of info. My training is fully worked out by me as an annual plan and performance related. It dosnt matter what calories i do at the moment im not losing im just stuck...... I suppose it will move again sometime sooner or later.

Have you tried 790 to see if that will shift it? If your working out then surely you will put on weight if you are levelling off your body composition?

I was on 790 most of the time as SS deffo did not suit me.
I am well muscled but as ive been mountain bike racing for 10 years i dont think that is a reason for staying the same.
Im just baffled. I am going on a fitness vo max, lactate testing day with Torq and sorting out my sports nutrition with them as they have sports in science degrees but that isnt until the end of July and hoped to shift the stone by then.
TORQ - Performance, Fitness and Nutrition
for anyone that may be interested.

What Matt has said to me is to eat more carbs and of course you all know we are scared of carbs on here and work out for longer and eat more. I think i will have to wait until the end of July...:doh:

Ummm, what's the pink site?

Back