Question for the ladies

curvy_em

Fresh start
How does s&s affect your period? (if at all)
I have PCOS and until starting s&s rarely had a period. When I did I would be so hungry all the time. I would eat everything and anything in sight and have horrid period pains. This month I have no appetite and no pains. I am struggling to have all my packs today and just can't eat much. It's silly but it feels like my stomach is so tiny it can't fit anymore. I am however drinking water/coke zero

Was just curious how everyone finds it?

I always get mine when I was on lipotrim and now this too. It always bring it on. Before it was every two months I think. Not often anyway as I have the implant. Before I would have it one week then Two weeks later I will get it again. Hate it !! X

I did a VLCD 6 years ago and my periods were spot on 28 days, they are now few and far between after gaining weight in last 12 months. Main reason I'm doing the diet, Hopgig to kick start them i to a regular cycle again as TTC.

On my last proper Vlcd they were all over the place (post baby) but they were no where near as bad as they were before. Might have something to do with getting the right nutrients and loads of fluids ( water)

Forgot to add my very 1st attempt resulted in a positive pregnancy test after 3 weeks!!! It can make you very fertile. We had tried for 6 yrs to have a second child and given up hope.

Thanks ladies. Hoping lots of us who are ttc get lucky this year xx

Xxxxxxx fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed for you all xxxxx

Can I ask if anyone else's periods disappeared whilst doing a vlcd? I should be having signs and I'm a little concerned as my iud isn't where it should be and when I realised before christmas, I went to the dr and was advised to take the morning after pill until she realised I'm not allowed to take it after having choleostasis during my last pregnancy.... Obviously, sods law means it will appear any minute..... which would be good!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt I have nothing to worry about as I have no idea what to expect cycle-wise as this is my first vcld..... crossing everything right now!!!!!

Can I ask if anyone else's periods disappeared whilst doing a vlcd? I should be having signs and I'm a little concerned as my iud isn't where it should be and when I realised before christmas, I went to the dr and was advised to take the morning after pill until she realised I'm not allowed to take it after having choleostasis during my last pregnancy.... Obviously, sods law means it will appear any minute..... which would be good!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt I have nothing to worry about as I have no idea what to expect cycle-wise as this is my first vcld..... crossing everything right now!!!!!

I don't know what to say to that!! Except take a trip to the chemist tomorrow and put your mind at rest!! Get your self an appointment at FP too.

Might need to find some room in a cupboard somewhere lol....... Xxx

Owww, you've got a mean streak lmao. To be fair, I have no indication of anything else either... Fingers crossed.... I'm sure I'm worrying about nothing!

I was 8 days late before Christmas and I did start to panic! I have the coil and I'm anywhere between a 28 to 31 day cycle. I wasn't doing a vlcd at the time but had drastically reduced my calorie intake so I put it down to that. Will see what happens this month :)

mine stopped on this diet too, though im on the pill and usually skip periods anyway. the first month i decided to skip my period, but kept getting very low signs of coming on (which went on for 2 weeks), but never got a proper period. then i decided to take the pill break at the end of the next month, got the same very low level signs, but again - no actual period.

Owww, you've got a mean streak lmao. To be fair, I have no indication of anything else either... Fingers crossed.... I'm sure I'm worrying about nothing!

hee hee hee....... on a serious note (OMG did i just say that)..... a girl i know came in this morning in a real panic. shes just found out she 21 weeks pg!!!!!!!! after the intial shock all round we discussed how drunk shed been over christmas and new year, the xrays shed had on her foot when she fell drunk on a christmas do. the fags shed been puffing on!!!!!! just waiting for them to send her a scan appointment!!!! she was on the pill too!!!!

hee hee hee....... on a serious note (OMG did i just say that)..... a girl i know came in this morning in a real panic. shes just found out she 21 weeks pg!!!!!!!! after the intial shock all round we discussed how drunk shed been over christmas and new year, the xrays shed had on her foot when she fell drunk on a christmas do. the fags shed been puffing on!!!!!! just waiting for them to send her a scan appointment!!!! she was on the pill too!!!!

Wowser!!!

I am almost certain I have nothing to worry about now as I've had a sign that my little friend should be here in a day or two........ Phew in a big way!

Wowser!!!

I am almost certain I have nothing to worry about now as I've had a sign that my little friend should be here in a day or two........ Phew in a big way!

lol could your little friend have a word with my little friend and tell her to get a move on!!!! all the signs but yet to rear her ugly little head!!!!!! sleepless ness!! horney ness!! grumpy ness! and the mother of all bloated ness. it puts an extra stone on the scales...... (any excuse is a good excuse lol)

xxx

I always have a 28 day cycle. I was ok first few months then I went 42 days before my period came as usual and then only about 10 days before the next one arrived which lasted almost 2 weeks. I should be due again around the 16th but will need to wait and see what happens. Diets of any sort can mess with your cycle though

I have pcos and rarely get a period, but I find that low carb seems to give me a constant period, which is super annoying!!!

I have pcos and rarely get a period, but I find that low carb seems to give me a constant period, which is super annoying!!!

Poor you. From one extreme to the other :( xxx

Back