Question for those who lost three stone

palmettofairy

I need to lose roughly three stone and I am debating whether to do cd ss or the 750 thingy.
I am in Sweden and ordered my CD over the internet, they dont do councelling here, you only fill in a form about your health and they mail you the products. So I have loads of questions and as I dont speak Swedish (yet!) I cant even email the company to get information.

My main concern is the loose skin. I think that if I loose weight more slowly, my skin will be more elastic and not be so loose. But I am VERY impatient and I want to see dramatic results as I will be a bride's maid in mid December. I am going back and forth, be slimmer but "looser", or be bigger but "firmer".
How loose is your skin after losing 3 stone? (Not that I plan on losing all that before the wedding! I am realistic).
Help! Any comments, suggestions?

Skin elasticity depends on several factors, including your age, your genes, how toned you are and how much water you drink.

Everyone is terrified at the start of having large folds of skin encasing their bodies but that doesn't really happen!

After losing 5 stone, my skin was a tad loose/wrinkly under the arms, belly and upper thighs but nothing so bad that I still couldn't wear a bikini. (I am of the belief that stretchmarks and wrinkles are the battlescars of womenhood, so show em off and be proud!!)

I have to say though, that after putting on about 10lbs, that my skin has filled out a bit and is looking better. Maybe at my age (I'm nearly 42) and the fact that my skin is very delicate and prone to scarring, I look better with a BMI of 25 than I do with a BMI of 22?

It will help if you use a skin toning moisturiser and/or Bio Oil - that is really good - available on ebay if you wanted to try some.

But in short - don't worry - tis better to be thin and a bit wrinkly than fat and bulging! lol

I am losing 3 and a half stone over all and have so far lost almost 2 and a half stone in 9 weeks. I have no problems with loose skin - I was under the impression this only happens with much larger people. Age is a factor as well, I am only 26 and as a result my skin is more elastic. However, it could all do with toning up a bit (but then it could have done with that in the first place). I do use a firming lotion on my arms which keeps the skin smooth. If you want really quick results, then SS would be best but I'm not sure of the weight loss on 790 as that was not the route I took. Without a counsellor though, a lot of willpower will probably be necessary in the first few days especially.

I have lost 3st 4lbs and have another 1 st 6lbs to go.

I dont have any spare skin apart from a small amount on inner thighs and some where I had a c section for my daughter to come out!!!!!

If you dry scrub and moisturise I think it will be fine, many women have battlescars as Isobel says, I certainly do, after being up to 8 st over weight for most of my life then I cant expect anything else really!!!

I have lost this amount over 10 and a half weeks and I feel fab, I would rather have a bit of loose skin than be Obese!!

I have lost 7 stone in all and have a dough belly that floats in the bath.

I went through the worries about having lose skin just as you are going through now.

Having lost my weight I make a great clothes horse (even if I do say so myself :eek: ) but I am not happy with my belly.

All in all I have to say that it is shrinking back but then to be fair when you have lost 7 stone since march the poor old skin can't be expected to adjust at the same rate the fat melts away. I am 33 and can see that it will pretty much go given time.

But if god were to come down and tell me that how I am now is how I will remain and that I have the choice of being bigger, unhealthier but have plumped out skin or that I can stay as I am do you think I would want the weight back on? Not a hope ;) :D

Dieting will probably not give you the perfect body but it will make it a damn site better than carrying about loads of excess weight!

I lost 4 and a half stones, my arms aspecially were huge, like a truck drivers arms, and I always thought I was going to get saggy skin under my arms, but it did not happen, I do have a bit of loose skin on my tummy, but it is due to pregnancy and c-section, and has nothing to do with the diet.

So dont worry at all.

Hi I've lost 47lbs and have only a littleloose skin. I'm 42 and I've been doing Pilates, using the slendertone belt and massaging stuff in. I have no loose skin on my arms at all and just a little bit on my tummy.

I think that the other thing is that you should choose the plan that you ar emost likely to stick to - would you prefer to lose slower and be able to eat a bit or would the wedding spur you to do SS?

HTH, Soraya

I need to lose roughly three stone and I am debating whether to do cd ss or the 750 thingy........

The difference between SS and 790 plan should only be about 1/2 to a pound a week loss less. Not sure that it'll make a big difference as to whether you have saggy skin, as think that's more down to your age/your genes etc.

I lost 4stone in 4months .... regained a stone on an all inclusive holiday 9seemed worth it at the time!!!!) and am now back on SS so I can lose that stone and maybe a little extra in time for Xmas. I do have wrinkly folds of skin on my stomach (nowhere else), but I'm 44 and have had 3 kids - as Isobel says ... I am of the belief that stretchmarks and wrinkles are the battlescars of womenhood, so show em off and be proud!!"

Good luck on whatever you decide - and come back and ask any other questions .... one of us will have been there or know the answer!!!
Beverleyxx

Thanks for all your replies!!!! I think i will do SS and see how it goes. I dont work, so hopefully when I start I can do some swimming and stretching to help prevent too much sag.

Will let you know how it goes. :)

Thanks for all your replies!!!! I think i will do SS and see how it goes. I dont work, so hopefully when I start I can do some swimming and stretching to help prevent too much sag.

Will let you know how it goes. :)

It's fantastic that you have made your decision and I can't wait to catch up with your progress. It takes such little time for the scales to start moving dramatically that it won't be long before we get to read your post post of delight at the results :D

Back