Question for you all. Any dieters or maintainers

Now when people comment on my weight loss, I usually try to change the subject because the words don't ring true to me yet.

Oh my....you sound just like me. I still do this, though I can go into the 3rd person and pretend they are talking about someone else :D

Everywhere I go people refer to me as "skinny" or "slim" which really messes up my head because I am far from those terms in my mind. As a matter of fact, I plan to adjust my ticker this coming year to lose an additional 50 lbs. That would put me at about 80 more lbs to lose. I try to realize that what the people see is so much smaller than they used to see, to them it is skinny. oh my....

Oh gosh...same again.

In fact, once when someone said "but you'll be the same size as us :confused: I then realised what was going on. They didn't mean it unkindly. Just didn't see me in the same way as themselves (size wise)

I decided that people categorized me. I was the 'big' girl and like most 'big' girls, I would go on a diet and lose a few pounds, then be a smaller 'big' girl.

It wasn't until I started comparing myself with them did we all realise what I wanted and what I believed I would do.

Got some cute gloria vanderbilt jeans for $4.79.

I never see Gloria Vanderbilt clothes around here any more. I used to wear them quite a lot when I was younger. Had a favourite GV shirt that was eventually turned into a shepherds outfit for sons Nativity plan.

Broke my heart because I loved that shirt. Was way too small though and at the time I had given up ever getting in to it again.

Barring pregnancy (which I hope will interrupt me!) I know I will get to my goal. What I'm less sure of is that I will stay there but that's another fight!

LOL. You could put it that way :D Look on it as a challenge though, otherwise the fight will exhaust you ;)

I never see Gloria Vanderbilt clothes around here any more. I used to wear them quite a lot when I was younger.
I never see them either, I think these were straight from the late 70's early 80's. They belonged to someone named Amanda, her name was stichted into the inside waistband.:D
edi

I never see them either, I think these were straight from the late 70's early 80's. They belonged to someone named Amanda, her name was stichted into the inside waistband.:D
edi

LOL. It would have been around the late 70s when I wore GV stuff. I had the perfume too. Was a true GV gal :cool:

Fantastic thread question! :D

* I believe I CAN. I truly do. I DO want it.

* I know I HAVE the inner resources and tools available to me. The support is also always there.:D

* I just need to apply them 100%.

* I know it is entirely up to me to choose to deal with my weight.

* I DO believe in my own ability to create my future happiness. I believe THAT is the key to open the door.

xxx:)

LOL. It would have been around the late 70s when I wore GV stuff. I had the perfume too. Was a true GV gal :cool:

Me too in the 80's..!! Loved the stuff...;):D:D

Fantastic thread question! :D

* I believe I CAN. I truly do. I DO want it.

* I know I HAVE the inner resources and tools available to me. The support is also always there.:D

* I just need to apply them 100%.

* I know it is entirely up to me to choose to deal with my weight.

* I DO believe in my own ability to create my future happiness. I believe THAT is the key to open the door.

xxx:)

that's it! Just got to do it now :clap:

I was thinking of other things that made this time more successful than others.

I had the click. I saw this as the journey from A to B, even if I did take a detour or few ;)

Before, when I struggled and couldn't get my head around the diet, I came off it. End of diet.

This time I knew I really wanted it. I could see it was possible and I was scared of letting the chance pass me by.

I also knew that coming off the diet for too long would result in a gain..and probably back to square one. See...I had learnt something from my past experience.

I wasn't ready to maintain. I knew that. I knew that was going to be a whole new ball game and I could only concentrate on one thing at a time. Besides, I didn't want to maintain a weight that wasn't my goal.

I had to get back on quick. Each time I fell off this time, I didn't think of it as the end of the job. Just a small pause. I just knew that I had to get going again and couldn't rest until I was back on.

I was thinking of other things that made this time more successful than others.

I had the click. I saw this as the journey from A to B, even if I did take a detour or few ;)

Before, when I struggled and couldn't get my head around the diet, I came off it. End of diet.

This time I knew I really wanted it. I could see it was possible and I was scared of letting the chance pass me by.

I also knew that coming off the diet for too long would result in a gain..and probably back to square one. See...I had learnt something from my past experience.

I wasn't ready to maintain. I knew that. I knew that was going to be a whole new ball game and I could only concentrate on one thing at a time. Besides, I didn't want to maintain a weight that wasn't my goal.

I had to get back on quick. Each time I fell off this time, I didn't think of it as the end of the job. Just a small pause. I just knew that I had to get going again and couldn't rest until I was back on.

Reading this REALLY helps !!

I always thought I'd be fat for years and years when my no-candy lots of work out-plan didn't work out.

Then I started Cambridge and after a few days of CD I knew I would reach my goal. :)

I am a bit frustrated, as the quick start and fast initial losses have made me think that I'd be at goal by now but hey; it'll just take longer. I will reach this goal and any other goals I may have just because I know I can.

This diet has really boosted my confidence and I feel very confident about reaching goal. :)

xx

Back