Questions.....

Musical Missy

I've been on Orlistat for 2 weeks now and have had no problems so far. I track my calories (1370 a day) and fat content on the My Fitness Pal app which makes it all very simple. I do keep wondering however about the portion sizes ie. if it says 80g of frozen peas, is that before or after they're cooked? Same with anything frozen really.
I don't really do snacks so sticking to the 1370 calories is fairly easy for me but I am struggling to get my fat % above 10 -15% a day, any suggestions how I can increase this % without going over the magical 5% fat per 100g?

I don't find out until 4 weeks are up how much I've lost as I don't own scales and only the doctor know what my start weight was!

Favourite meals so far have been chicken, pinapple and mushrooms kebabs with rice and yoghurt and butternut squash, chorizo and mushroom risotto plus one of the new ski mousses on top of a meringue nest I discovered is pretty amazing for when you get a sweet tooth!

Oh and has anyone found low fat chorizo??

Musical Missy said:
I've been on Orlistat for 2 weeks now and have had no problems so far. I track my calories (1370 a day) and fat content on the My Fitness Pal app which makes it all very simple. I do keep wondering however about the portion sizes ie. if it says 80g of frozen peas, is that before or after they're cooked? Same with anything frozen really.
I don't really do snacks so sticking to the 1370 calories is fairly easy for me but I am struggling to get my fat % above 10 -15% a day, any suggestions how I can increase this % without going over the magical 5% fat per 100g?

I don't find out until 4 weeks are up how much I've lost as I don't own scales and only the doctor know what my start weight was!

Favourite meals so far have been chicken, pinapple and mushrooms kebabs with rice and yoghurt and butternut squash, chorizo and mushroom risotto plus one of the new ski mousses on top of a meringue nest I discovered is pretty amazing for when you get a sweet tooth!

Oh and has anyone found low fat chorizo??

Hi and welcome! I think with the portion sizes of frozen items it should usually tell you on the packaging whether the calories given are for frozen or cooked weight, shouldn't it? I'm not entirely sure, I'm afraid! What I do is buy the pre-portioned steam bags of mixed veg from Tesco. So I know that a portion of carrot, broccoli and sweetcorn is going to be 90 calories and I have at least one of those every day - they're so covenient and have really helped me.

When you say you're struggling to get your fat above 10-15% fat a day, what exactly do you mean? Do you perhaps mean 10-15g a day? I don't know how much you need to lose - is it a significant amount? If so, then I'd say increase your calories, as 1,370 is very low for a starting point if you've got a way to go. If you've only got a stone or two it would be ok. I had 10 stone to lose, and started on 2,000 a day, then down to 1,800 and eventually, after a while, down to 1,500. So I'd say maybe up your calories, maybe eat some nuts or something?

As for chorizo, I wouldn't have thought it was Xen friendly at all, lol. I think most people would have unpleasant effects a day or so after eating it, but maybe you've been lucky. I don't think you'd find a low fat version very easily, to be honest.

Anyway, those are my thoughts for what they're worth, lol. Good luck! :) xx

Back