Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Quick 1000 plan question

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Porgeous, 24 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    How come you seem to get so many more new potatoes as compared to baked potato?

Gx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Because you are evil and are allowed to eat, and i'm not so i don't like you

:D:D:D

4. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Ah yes but I love you and it is only for that reason that I won't let you have my last potato!

Gxx

5. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

lol sorry Georgie i dont know i havent eaten ANY potatoes oh well except sweet potatoes since starting this diet

6. blue_grapefruit

I'm just sulking thats all. Only so much flaming sparkly water i can drink to feel better. May be really naughty and order a film for the telebox....:)

Good luck with your potato, and enjoy it xxxxx

7. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Leave it with me Georgie, if no one comes up with the answer I will find out for you. I'm not sure of the answer. Unless it's something to do with the skins and fibre. ***shrugs***.

8. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I'll save you one for when you are on the plans hun but it may be a bit mouldy by then!! Did you manage to persuade oli?

Great will power Nina I was on them as soon as I was allowed!!

Gx

9. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Thanks Maggie, don't go to any trouble, I was just curious. I had baked potato with cottage cheese the other night and it was such a small amount of potato it was pretty much just cottage cheese, but there are always loads of new potatos!! Just an oddity!

Gx

10. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

lol i was just too concerned about the carb content coz im really addicted to carbs so i'd rather go without than have a few plus my tummy's been a lot less bloated since i've cut them out and sweet potatoes are yummy and cous cous mmmmm :) What you having them with?

11. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I mix them in with salad and balsamic vinegar and have with some fish, yum but reading your post was interesting as I am sure my tummy has been more bloated lately. Also been having couscous which I love, put a few chives and some pepper in this evening, yum!

Gx

12. blue_grapefruit

No, i didnt. Nice to have the place to myself though, and it's good for him to have some "man time" - dunno what the hell they get up to (don't want to know)
    He's worried about me though, keeps texting every 5 mins.

I love the way you havent actually got any sensible answers on this thread yet - best is Maggie with effort, second is Nina with a vague explanation, and i'm just interfering :D

13. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    carry on interfering hun it's making me smile! and it stops me puzzling about something as trivial as quantities of potato xx

14. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

vague lol i didnt give an answer atall :p

I've got ibs Georgie and used to be really troubled with it before starting this diet i havent had any ibs troubles since the diet so something's obviously working :) Oooo eorgie goole the answer maybe it'll tell you teehee

15. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

Ive found you're answer Georgie: ahem (clears throat)

"Some varieties of potato contain greater glycoalkaloid concentrations than others"

16. spooky

spooky Banned

I was just talking to Hedgemag on MSN about this q...
    I think it is possibly the carbohydrate content and/or density of different potatoes, which it seems is the google answer anyway!!

17. blue_grapefruit

nina you nerd, thats just funny!

Nicky and Maggie discussing potato on MSN?? Can anyone think of anything funnier atm?

hahahahahah, i love you lot xxx

18. spooky

spooky Banned

You would be surprised what Maggie and I talk about!!!;)

19. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Gotta luv you guys you have an answer for every question no matter how obscure - thanks, think I will stick with the new potatoes much better eating value!!

Thanks all
    Gxx

20. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

teehee i don't like conundrums lol and why not abuse this wealth of knowledge at the end of my fingertis.....and you're only jealous that you didnt find it first :p teehee

21. ninababes

ninababes Gold Member

hey BLue grapefruit.....ive just realised grapefruits ARENT blue so im confused now

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.