Quick 1000 plan question

Thanks hun, I'm just a stubborn b*gger really!

Gx

well whatever it worked lol

Hi.....sorry late answer but anyway here it is....

Its all to do with GI levels. Baked potatoes are high GI the same as mashed, whereas new potatoes are medium.

The new potatoes take much longer to be broken down by the body releasing sugars/carbs more slowly.

HM

Maggie you are a legend, I know it's a bit anal but I do like to understand things helps me get my head around the healthy eating thing. Still getting to grips with the GI principles but it is slowly becoming clearer.

Thanks hun
xxx

Thanks so much Sue, that's what's so great about Minis so many of us all at different stages of the journey to inspire, encourage and support eachother.

Gxx

Hi
I have noticed that on the GI diet baked potatoes are a no no but you can have new potatoes. Must be something to do with the baking process increases the GI and carbs they do go a bit sweeter when they are baked dont they so maybe it has something to do with natural sugars/ starch? Also the older the spud the more starch , have you notice how the white starchy stains on the chopping board and hands are worse with older potatoes than if you chop up new pots?
Anyway just rambling on now so I hope some of it helped.LOL

Back