Quick meal ideas

*Abi*

All I seem to be eating is salad, grilled chicken, mackerel, cous cous and whole wheat toast for dinner ( alternating each night )

Does anyone have any quick to make meal ideas that might give me some variety? I eat pretty much any food really!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

stir fry! cook some chicken pieces in ginger and garlic, then when it's done bung a load of tasty veg in with some soy sauce and cook for a further 2 mins. yummers!

Stir fry sounds nice. I usually try and keep my dinner below 500cals :)

you can easily whack some noodles in and still keep it under 500cals.

small tip from me: use sesame oil or something similar, not olive oil. olive oil may be 'healthier' but it doesn't heat up to a high enough temperature, and you just end up with soggy veg!

my fave stir fry includes bok choi, beansprouts, carrot sticks, egg noodles and king prawns, made up with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and a little fish sauce. yummers and really filling!

Mmmm... I agree with rhuba, stir fries are a life saver! Blue Dragon do a range of stir fry sauces in little sachets that you can pick up in Asda. There's stuff like Thai Basil and Lemongrass (50ish for half the sachet), Peking Lemon, Sweet and Sour, Sweet Thai Chilli, Hoi Sin Oyster... all kinds of flavours. I use them instead of oil to cook the veggies, then I bung in lots of prawns and egg noodles and serve it on a mountain of broccoli.

My belly just rumbled. I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Vegetable Biryani is a good one!

Basmati rice, potato (very thinly sliced), carrot (very thinly sliced), onion, cumin powder, crushed garlic, chilli powder, turmeric and salt (optional)

Lightly fry an onion in a big pan with a lid in 2tbsp olive oil, add garlic, chilli, cumin, turmeric (measurements to taste. add a little, you can always add more later) and the potato and carrot. Fry for a minute then add around 400ml water then 200g rinsed basmati rice. Bring to the boil, stir and put the lid on and simmer gently until the liquid is just about absorbed then stir, take off the heat and leave to rest for few mins while you get plates etc. Fluff with a fork and serve with thinly lengthway sliced cucumber and natural yogurt (optional but tasty).

It's so flavourful that you don't need to eat too much either :)

x

Back