Quick question about dairy and oatbran quantities!

wheesht

Just keep swimming...
Ok, so you would think I should know this by now... :rolleyes:

I have read that the limit for dairy products (milk/yogurt/quark etc) is 1kg a day.

Kg mean nothing to me so I need to know, is this equivalent to approximately 1 litre a day? Hasn't been an issue until now as I have only had very small quantities of dairy since I started. But now I have discovered homemade yogurt and I can't keep my hands off it!

Also, I know that the daily allowance for oatbran in Cruise is 2tbp a day. But I've just discovered a second tablespoon in my cutlery drawer and it measures 10ml, but the one I have been using is 15ml! So should the daily quantity be 20 or 30ml daily?

Thank you!

Last edited:
My understanding was that 1 tablespoon is = to 15g
Not sure about dairy! Our yoghurts here in Denmark, come in the tall cartons, a bit like a milk or juice carton in the UK and they weigh 1kg - hope that gives you an idea!!! 1kg of yoghurt is a lot!!! :)

I will try and show some restraint with the yogurt and if I find myself stalling, will know I have been overdoing it!

Well, I have been having about 450g every day as I have been straining my 1ltr of slow cooker yog to make greek yog.

I am still losing on conso (lost 1.5lb yesterday and I had 4 toffee muffins and 450g greek yog and jelly etc) so it isn't doing me any harm and it helps you lose belly fat, look at this Dr. Eric Braverman: For Consistent Weight Loss, Eat Yogurt Every Day :D

You are right, 1 kilo is roughly 1 litre (or two pints).

Hi,

A Teaspoon = 5ml = 5g

A Dessertspoon = 10ml = 10g

A Tablespoon = 15ml = 15g

Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much. Atropos, wow, a litre of dairy is a fair amount which is why I queried it! Much as I love the yogurt, don't think I could get through all that! I don't have much milk or anything else to make up that quantity.

Thanks malevolentnuzzler. Wonder why that rogue tablespoon shows 10ml - am going to stamp on it - imagine trying to deprive me of my rightful quantity of oatbran!

Thanks again for clearing that up everyone.

Thanks so much. Atropos, wow, a litre of dairy is a fair amount which is why I queried it! Much as I love the yogurt, don't think I could get through all that!

It's easily done - I can get through half a kilo of greek yogurt a day (in gallette, on gallette, stirred into soup, as a sauce with lunch, a few tablespoons as a mid afternoon sanck, churned into frogurt after dinner...

Add a few cups of tea and coffee (or a mega-bucket of Starbuck - yuck!) and I'd be over the limit.

It's easily done - I can get through half a kilo of greek yogurt a day (in gallette, on gallette, stirred into soup, as a sauce with lunch, a few tablespoons as a mid afternoon sanck, churned into frogurt after dinner...

Add a few cups of tea and coffee (or a mega-bucket of Starbuck - yuck!) and I'd be over the limit.

That's true. Haven't used yogurts as a sauce lately - I did on Attack but not since. And haven't been making galettes lately either, so once I return to those will need to remember to include them in the allowance.

Never tried Starbucks coffee yet :eek: Must be the only person on the planet! Not keen on strong coffee so probably not for me :)

Back