• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

quick question quorn sausages on cruise

jezzebell

S: 15st1.5lb C: 14st1lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 1st0.5lb(6.86%)
allowed or not?
ingredients are:
Mycoprotein (34%),Rehydrated Free Range Egg White ,Water ,Onion ,Rapeseed Oil ,Flavourings (with Colours: Iron Oxides) ,Milk Proteins ,Textured Wheat Protein (Wheat Protein, Wheat Starch) ,Sage & Onion Stuffing (Breadcrumb, Rusk, Dried Onion, Salt, Herbs, Onion Powder, Chives, Wheat Flour, Pepper Extract ,Sage Extract) ,Tapioca Starch ,Gelling Agent: Pectin ,Black Pepper ,Thyme ,Parsley sound lovely :rolleyes:

per sausage:
6.2g protein
3.5g carbs
0.5g which sugars
2.4g fat
0.3g of which saturates
2.0g fibre
0.3g sodium
0.8g salt equivalant

never tried them before but wanted a dukan friendly fry up tomorrow for pp day!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
I'm old school so I'd say to stay well away... "breadcrumb... wheat flour... tapioca starch... wheat starch..." don't sound Dukan friendly to me.

He does allow 2 x very well grilled beef merguez sausages in France (pricked and overcooked to let the fat out) as a TOLERATED ingredient. Again, I'd not go there.

Up to you though...

A Dukan friendly fry up would be eggs, turkey bacon, mushroom, tomato (if PV)

S: 17st11lb C: 16st10lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 1st1lb(6.02%)
Ive asked this question before so I thought I would see what happens when I ate them ie would I come out of ketosis and answer is yes I did ive got the pee sticks so you can see if in ketosis or not so I say stay well away but the mince had no effect so can eat it x

jezzebell

S: 15st1.5lb C: 14st1lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 31.8 Loss: 1st0.5lb(6.86%)
thanks guys i'll avoid them. I only picked them up as they were on offer! we are having eggs, turkey rashers and i'm going to make some burgers instead of having the sausages.

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Ive asked this question before so I thought I would see what happens when I ate them ie would I come out of ketosis and answer is yes I did ive got the pee sticks so you can see if in ketosis or not so I say stay well away but the mince had no effect so can eat it x
Thank you for that Cox...

jaqys

Gold Member
S: 18st7lb G: 10st7lb
In chat he's okayed them with the limit at around 1.5 a day. I used to eat 1 a day at the start and didnt have a problem.

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
ketostix don't lie but of course it would depend on how many other carbs one had the same day...

S: 17st11lb C: 16st10lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 1st1lb(6.02%)
Its up to individual but when you work so hard losing weight seems stupid to give it up for something as fake sausage

jaqys

Gold Member
S: 18st7lb G: 10st7lb
ketostix don't lie but of course it would depend on how many other carbs one had the same day...
They're not entirely accurate Jo.

I was losing a steady 3lbs a week when having them (but I'd only just started eating meat again and was struggling to do so for more than 1 meal a day and I wasnt eating any tolerateds) but yes its better to have purer forms of protein.