quick question quorn sausages on cruise

jezzebell

allowed or not?
ingredients are:
Mycoprotein (34%),Rehydrated Free Range Egg White ,Water ,Onion ,Rapeseed Oil ,Flavourings (with Colours: Iron Oxides) ,Milk Proteins ,Textured Wheat Protein (Wheat Protein, Wheat Starch) ,Sage & Onion Stuffing (Breadcrumb, Rusk, Dried Onion, Salt, Herbs, Onion Powder, Chives, Wheat Flour, Pepper Extract ,Sage Extract) ,Tapioca Starch ,Gelling Agent: Pectin ,Black Pepper ,Thyme ,Parsley sound lovely :rolleyes:

per sausage:
6.2g protein
3.5g carbs
0.5g which sugars
2.4g fat
0.3g of which saturates
2.0g fibre
0.3g sodium
0.8g salt equivalant

never tried them before but wanted a dukan friendly fry up tomorrow for pp day!

I'm old school so I'd say to stay well away... "breadcrumb... wheat flour... tapioca starch... wheat starch..." don't sound Dukan friendly to me.

He does allow 2 x very well grilled beef merguez sausages in France (pricked and overcooked to let the fat out) as a TOLERATED ingredient. Again, I'd not go there.

Up to you though...

A Dukan friendly fry up would be eggs, turkey bacon, mushroom, tomato (if PV)

Ive asked this question before so I thought I would see what happens when I ate them ie would I come out of ketosis and answer is yes I did ive got the pee sticks so you can see if in ketosis or not so I say stay well away but the mince had no effect so can eat it x

thanks guys i'll avoid them. I only picked them up as they were on offer! we are having eggs, turkey rashers and i'm going to make some burgers instead of having the sausages.

Ive asked this question before so I thought I would see what happens when I ate them ie would I come out of ketosis and answer is yes I did ive got the pee sticks so you can see if in ketosis or not so I say stay well away but the mince had no effect so can eat it x

Thank you for that Cox...

In chat he's okayed them with the limit at around 1.5 a day. I used to eat 1 a day at the start and didnt have a problem.

ketostix don't lie but of course it would depend on how many other carbs one had the same day...

ketostix don't lie but of course it would depend on how many other carbs one had the same day...

They're not entirely accurate Jo.

I was losing a steady 3lbs a week when having them (but I'd only just started eating meat again and was struggling to do so for more than 1 meal a day and I wasnt eating any tolerateds) but yes its better to have purer forms of protein.

Back