quick question...

jenxy

If I put apple pieces in the pork chop casserole I am making, do I have to syn it? I thought it was superfree but my daughter says that fruit when cooked is synnable, I just wanted to thicken the sauce but am now not sure?
Sorry if I am a pain, but I am just learning..

Yes if you are cooking fruit in any way, it needs to be synned, just checked and it's 4 syns per apple, so it depends how much you are planning to use, but it doesn't seem that much to me.

Are you on EE? If so, a sprinkle of powdered mash will thicken it up - just the job and syn free.

Brilliant, Thanks for getting back so quick, all good ideas, but I have never eaten Quark?? and don't have instant mash, so off to the syn bin for me:).... ooooh unless I put some potatoes in with it an forgoe the savory rice I was gonna have...

oh my word ive just realised ive been putting loads of frozen berrys in my porridge in a morning and warming it up...all week......wat a bloody waste....id have to syn them and i hadnt even clicked on...bugger bugger bugger

shona1968 said:
oh my word ive just realised ive been putting loads of frozen berrys in my porridge in a morning and warming it up...all week......wat a bloody waste....id have to syn them and i hadnt even clicked on...bugger bugger bugger

I do that most mornings and never syn them, my thinking is that the heat from the porridge defrosts them and therefore they're not heated :)

Back