Cruise PV Quick steak & mushroom stroganoff (repost)

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by anjuschka, 15 October 2010 Social URL.

1. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    (reposted from recipe thread ages ago)

Hmm we just had this tonight and it was great. I comes from this month's edition of BBC Good Food Mag and all I did was remove the TB of oil used for frying the onions and all. So: use a good non-stick pan and dryfry!

I am reproducing it all here but we decided that next time I'll use half the vinegar or even red wine - after all you are cooking it all off.

Quick steak & mushroom stroganoff
    Serves 2
    Suitable for Cruise, PV

1 red onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 tsp paprika (I used more)
    1 green pepper, chopped
    200gr mushrooms, sliced
    2 TB red wine vinegar
    150ml beef stock
    200gr lean rump steak, sliced and all fat removed - (I used 300gr extra-lean beef escalopes)
    150ml fat-free fromage frais (I used most of a 250gr tub of fat-free quark)

1, Fry onion for a few mins until soft. Add garlic and paprika, cook for 1-2 mins until fragrant. Add peppers and mushrooms, fry for 5-8 mins until softened.

2, Add the vinegar, boil to reduce until almost evaporated, then pour over the stock and bubble for a few mins until thickened slightly. Add the beef and cook for 2-3 mins depending on how rare you like it, then stir in the fromage frais and season.

Yum yum!!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.