Quiet on here isn't it! - (or Sean's RTM Journey)

Hi Sean

How's the old Maintenance going?

Be good to hear from you and bringing this thread back onto the front page.

xx

LOL - hello T_I

I thought this thread had been consigned to history as it had slipped to page 2, nice of you to ask though.

As the song says "[STRIKE]Life[/STRIKE] weight is a roller coaster", and that's truer than I think I was prepared to accept when I was 'big' (or 'fat dad' as we call it at home lol), or even on LL when losing.

I think for me the key is to accept the 'bumps' like a Children's Fair Ground ride, not allow them to build into an Orlando Size problem...

I look back at the past 5 months and overall I am quite happy. I've been through the phase of logging everything I eat, drink & exercise - and there was some benefit in that early on (although I think like many I kept doing so for a little too long) -- but beware that can become as obsessive as eating. No longer logging, and not now obsessing about daily exercise, but the great news is that if I haven't had at least a walk for a couple of days I reelly feel the "need" to exercise (which is a novel feeling) :)

Weight wise I'm back under 13st and planning on going to see my LLC on Wednesday for an official weigh-in. Was a little over 13 so low-carb for ~10 days to get back in control so very happy with myself (very grown-up).

I'm loving food, and mostly staying away from processed food (never really been one for fast foods), still enjoy wine & pastis, only more aware of what I drink than ever before.

In summary life's good :) Lighter Life is Fantastic but just the start of the journey (and I know I've at least 2-3 years to travel before I'll be 100% confident).

Positives:
  • I can sit comfortably on aircraft seats & even have room to spare
  • I can shop anywhere (and buy from any range)
  • My knees no longer hurt
  • My asthma (which I've had since I was 3) has virtually vanished & I no longer take medication
  • I feel great!
  • Oh, I won the 'best male transforamtion' award at our LL Annual Dinner :)
Negative:
  • 'new shape' has played havoc with my golf swing!! (I can now see the ball before hitting it)
  • I've turned into a woman lol - what I mean is I now have chocolate cravings (never bothered with the stuff before).
:)

Hi Sean,

It's lovely to hear how you're getting on, especially with it being so positive. I really appreciate longer time members still coming here and giving us their wisdom. It makes a difference you know. Keep up the good work...:)

Back