quitting fags AND on optifast...OMG!!!

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
well...talk about loosing all my 'friends' at once!!! :( not only am i giving up fags i am also giving up food...my hands will be redundant...i can see some marathon internet sessions on the horizon just to keep me occupied!!! :)

to be honest im now past the 4wk mark giving up the fags and thats not proving too bad...i hate the smell of them and have had to wash my entire wardrobe as i could smell stale smoke everytime i opened it...YUCK!

the optifast...well i am only on day 4 out of 25 (am taking a break on xmas and boxing days but dont intend to go mad!) and so far so good...fingers crossed :)

my son (17yrs old) has been really good, cooking for himself and clearing up so i dont have to 'deal' with food. and he is also smoking outside (i know, i know...dont lecture me about my young son smoking :()

anyone out there been through the same??? got any tips??? tell me your successful 'giving up' stories for inspiration...thanx :) xxx

Well done..!! 4 weeks is fantastic.. i find fine now.. i gave up a few months ago.. i still miss it.. a lot.. but i think i only miss the hand thing.. if you know what i mean.. not the smoke.. whenever im around smokers now it makes me feel sick.. the smoke is just so.. hard for my chest.. lol.. I would reccomend looking up on th internet the facts about giving up smoking. and how the body repairs itself..! thats a real inspiration..! x x

Well done..!! 4 weeks is fantastic.. i find fine now.. i gave up a few months ago.. i still miss it.. a lot.. but i think i only miss the hand thing.. if you know what i mean.. not the smoke.. whenever im around smokers now it makes me feel sick.. the smoke is just so.. hard for my chest.. lol.. I would reccomend looking up on th internet the facts about giving up smoking. and how the body repairs itself..! thats a real inspiration..! x x

well done you!:)
i will check out some t'internet stuff...x

=).. i think it all depends on why you quit.. if its your health then it really helps.. if its money.. i think about how much money ive saved.. and it deffo adds up..!! x x

=).. i think it all depends on why you quit.. if its your health then it really helps.. if its money.. i think about how much money ive saved.. and it deffo adds up..!! x x

its not the money...i was smoking roll-ups and got my baccy cheap (wink wink!) so am only saving £4 a week...i think me feeling better will be the thing to keep me off them, and my house smelling nice...and not having to go outside in the rain when at work or at pub etc!!!x

Well done you two, you have got to take each day at a time I believe.

But you have got to be so proud of yourselves for doing this.

I have been a smoker since I was 15, and have never wanted to quit, until now.

The no smoking everywhere really ticks me off, most of the pleasure has gone, so as soon as my new band is in place, I will be a non-smoker hopefully.

I have seen so many of my friends stop and fail, even my husband gave it up for 18 years and then started again.:(

I am dreading getting a whiff of my wardrobe once I give it up, I will feel so ashamed of myself.:cry:

Anyway girls, good luck with the future and being odour-free :)

well the day i came home from hosp i sparked up and have been smoking since...i knew i would. im not smoking as many but i still am disappointed with myself and my (face) skin is not lovely anymore it looks sallow and i keep getting breakouts...so i took the plunge and went back on the patches today...so fingers crossed for me x

Back