Quorn Cottage Pie

Morning everyone,

Decided to go with a green day today (forget to take the chicken out of the freezer)

I got some quorn mince so thought i'd have a go at making a cottage pie. I'm going to put in some carrots, onions & mix some worcester sauce in with the gravy.

Thing is, i didn't know whether i should cook the mince first then put the mash on and put it in the oven? Anybody made this before, any tips would be great :)

Thanks
Claire x

I have a SW recipe for this and it says cook eveything. Put the cooked mince and veg on the bottom. For the topping mash the potatoes with an egg and fromage frais. Then (obviously) put it on top and cook for 30-35 mins on gas mark 6. Hope this helps x

I use Quorn mince a lot and I always cook it in with the rest of the ingredients, it actually makes a really nice Cottage pie - my SIL only likes 'real' mince and won't eat anything else (so he thinks) but he has never had 'real mince at my house and he hasn't noticed the difference yet....So it just goes to show how good quorn mince is.

Just had it for dinner and my OH loved it. He said it didn't taste any different than normal mince and wolfed the whole lot down ! Only problem is now i fancy something sweet lol x

Back