quorn mince

swgm

Hi Everyone,
Im looking for some recipies with quorn mince?

i got a bag today as i was in tesco and i dont trust there meat at all so i bought quorn instead.
I usually make spag bol and chilli con carne so any other recipies would be fab :)

I use this for everything basically lol. chilli, burritos, spag bol cottage pie etc. Just anything i'd use mince in!

i ended up making chilli con carne last night wth it, its amazing how many meals you can actually get from the pack, i used half the pack and got 4 generous sized prtions xx

Hi , new to all this but how can you make quorn mince taste nice, I,ve try,d a couple of times with no luck :-(

Hi :) ive been eating quorn mince and normal mince for most of my life. Also eat other quorn products and now that I'm on sw I rarely have real mince. Originally started eating it as a child during bse scare and never stopped :)
In my opinion quorn mince is best used in flavourful dishes. So whatever I'm making I fry it up quickly from frozen with onion and a stock cube maybe a splash of water. Then add veg (more the merrier) tomato beans mushroom peas carrot (grated is nice) and from there look at seasoning depnding on the dish.
Eg lots of gravy type sauce for a cottage pie or passatta, oregano, chilli for a burrito etc. Any more questions just ask. Hope that helped.

You make it sound easy :) just bought some and will try a bol soon , thanks

No bother. It is easy :) doenst smell, is cheap and ive never managed to burn it lol :)

i dont actaully taste the difference, ive had it for my dinner 3 nights running, when making it up i do put in a beef oxo cube just to taste and even my boyfriend cant tell the difference:) ive only made it as speghetti and chilli con carne ive never made it as mince and pot before x

Back