Quorn or no?

Minotaurus

So I told my pharmacist I was a veggie and she said the for refeeding I could have tofu but not quorn because it's too high in carbs.

Everything else I've read about LT is that quorn is ok. Maybe she meant some of the less plain quorn products with bread crumbs covering it and such? The basic plain quorn fillet is extremely similar to an equal weight of tofu in terms of carbs and protein. There's only a few grams in the diference.

So what's the real deal. I will also point out that I asked what I could and couldn't have as a veggie before starting LT and she said no to the chicken soup. Yet on the back of the LT bag it says they are all veggie including the chicken soup. So maybe she doesn't know her facts well?

Very strange indeed. I was under the impression that Quorn products were fine to have. Certainly sounds like your pharmacist isn't that clued up! The ladies at my chemist had all the best intentions but had next to no clue too. Got my questions answered through the Lipotrim forums! X

I ate quorn when I did my refeed in December and I will eat it again now. I am sure I have read somewhere that tofu and quorn are ok.

I talked about it with my pharmacist who is different to the girl I had the first day. She gave me the official literature and it has quorn or tofu in there so I happy to have some of the quorn fillets. I think they need to get specific though because there are quorn products that do have a lot of carbs like the pastry pies etc, but I think most people will realise this anyway. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using MiniMins

Quorn is fine, I love it!!

So I was back in yesterday for weigh in and to get my refeed stuff which I start today. And I got the girl I had the first day when I was starting LT from scratch. She's back to her old ways of telling me NO quorn very sternly. She said tofu only. I told her that I loked up all the products and that the plain quorn has only a gram or two more per 100g than tofu. Then she said oh tofu has carbs? Yeah about 4g or so per 100g. Then she said ok then its no tofu or quorn, just have egg white omletes or scrambled.

I'm so confused. The actual literature says I can, she says no. This was all on top of her scare mongering me about staying on maintenance for a few months or else I'll baloon. I told her I'll be on a 1200 calorie a day low GI diet from refeed onward, if I baloon I belong in a medical journal, but she wouldn't drop the hard sell. If I do full LT again, I'll be buying them from an online supplier in Ireland that's much cheaper than the pharmacy. I didn't mind the extra expense of goung ther, but she totally annoyed me, the regular girl is much nicer.

So Tofu and Quorn all of a sudden have too many carbs yet it says it on the bag? And I checked out egg whites. They have carbs too. She insisted not even a tiniest part of a gram of carbs on day one. And you can have some cooked greens or salad. They have carbs too. Tomatoes are down on the list and they are about 5 carbs for one large tomato, which is more carbs than the amount of quorn or tofu I want to use.

So angry that she managed to confuse me, I should be confident enough with the info I have.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using MiniMins

I personally wouldn't listen to that woman - she sounds like she hasn't got a clue. Quorn is fine to have hun...trust Lipotrim users and Lipotrim itself x

Why not call the LT helpline on the 0800 number then you can get the info from the horses mouth rather than the other end!

Jumping in, you said about buying some lt on line as its cheaper, have you looked at the exante website. There's a forum for exante too.

I made the jump from lt to exante after a couple of weeks because my pharmacist seemed pretty clueless and it was £45per wk where I live compared to £25 exante. Plus the bars are like proper bars!

I intend to piggyback on the refeed when I'm ready

0 lost : 67 to goal

Back