Quorn sausages complaint

Jael

So, I was feeling a tad hacked off with quern sausages. My lovely free bangers were gone. One syn each is not much, but the new ones taste foul and have a slimy texture. Plus it's annoying that you can get low fat regular sausages for less syns than the quorn "we're so low fat and healthy" ones. Annoying for this veggie anyway. As it is, I've switched to cauldron sausages, 1syn each and lush. Or if I want syn free, I get the frys vegetarian ones from holland and Barrett. But since quorn have a monopoly on the veggie Market, i decided to complain. Here's the response I received:

Thank you for your recent contact regarding the new Best Ever Quorn sausages.

The fat content in our Quorn sausages is significantly lower than the average meat sausage. (About 50% less fat.)

We wanted to make our new sausages as tasty as possible, whilst still being healthier than the meat versions. We found that slightly more fat in our sausages really added lots more flavour.

When we showed our new sausages to a wide variety of our current buyers, they were pleasantly surprised that such a great tasting sausages was still relatively low in fat vs. the meat ones.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy the product and we have passed on your comments to our New Product Development Team who constantly seek feedback from our consumers in an attempt to improve our products.

Unfortunately Quorn Bramley Bangers have now been discontinued from the Quorn range. Sainsburys were the only retailer ordering this product from us however, they delisted this product in July 2011 and as sales simply did not meet goals, a business decision was made to discontinue the item. We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause you.

We cannot influence any individual stores to stock our products. Instead, we can only make recommendations to each Head Office that they do so. If you have difficulty in obtaining other Quorn products, we suggest that you contact the manager at your local supermarket and make your request to them directly.

We hope this has answered your question.

Thank you once again for your enquiry and please do not hesitate to contact us again if you require any further information or advice.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Yours sincerely

Tracey Cope

Consumer Care Advisor

Any data held is for the purpose of answering your contact with Quorn Foods and will not be passed to any third party without your permission

Tracey Cope
Consumer Care Advisor
Tel 01642 717184

Have to say, I used to get bramley bangers from asda, so the staff here aren't reassuring me that they know their products lol

As somebody fairly new to SW and hearing a lot about Quorn I decided to give it a go. I liked the chicken pieces but not enough to replace the good old chook.

I tried the Quorn Cumberland style sausages only last night and tbh I didn't like them at all. :(

Anyway I've tried it now...won't be doing it again. I decided in future I'll get normal sausages and syn them up. I don't eat them that much anyway.

Respect to those who are veggies and eat these on a regular basis...each to their own!

Noooooooo!!

Rubbish :( I'm not veggie (although i might as well be sometimes, I don't like meat really) but knowing what's in sausages turns my stomach, so I only eat veggie ones! I liked the Bramley ones too, and yeh I got them in Asda... Lol! :)

Ah well yummy Cauldron ones it is!!

Charli XxX

I generally think that if you look at quorn as a meat replacement then you are only ever going to be disappointed. I love the chicken pieces for what they are, but to be honest I don't even relate them to chicken, they are what they are, little nuggets of quickly cooked joy :D

I really don't understand the sausages though, the texture is very strange, why have they designed them to look and feel like they have gristle??

I eat chicken, sausage and bacon in ACTUAL meat, but I really enjoy quorn sausages, chicken pieces and minted lamb fillets. I think they are lovely, and the cumberland sausages especially have a 'meaty' element to them. Just me maybe!

I didn't like Quorn sausages at first but I persevered and grew to love them!
Now dare I say it I prefer them to meat sausages!

I don't like the foamy stuff that comes out of the new recipe ones though.

I LOVE the quorn chicken nuggets, chicken fillets and chicken burgers. Unfortunately they all have syns, but I find them tastier than real chicken lol. I'm not a veggie, but go for these quorn favourites all the time....

mmmm...:D

I mainly do green days and am still gutted that Quorn sausages aren't syn free anymore! I have moved onto the Tesco meat free lincolnshire sausages for 1.5 as they are much nicer and cheaper!

to be honest I don't even relate them to chicken, they are what they are, little nuggets of quickly cooked joy :D

Shelly, you had me in stitches with that comment but I agree whole heartedly, if you relate them to meat then ya' only gonna be disappointed.

You sound a real foody like me & I admit I do enjoy quorn even the mince which is an acquired taste but only if I heavily flavour it as a chilli or sommit! Even then I love homemade colslaw on top to add a bit interest but I get a good loss by using it so, as long as am full, am a happy bunny!

maybe you could get in contact with SW head office and it could be nationwide email to Quorn like Mullerlights that have been changed back due to lack of purchase.

Was there a nationwide email to mullerlights? Cool. I can't eat them, so I never kept up with that. I'm bad that I really want their sales to drop. I'm sick of companies changing products I love ;-)

I never really used quern prior to SW. More of a beans, lentil, soya and nuts veggie. But I was using quorn in stead of nuts on SW. Plus I liked it being free. I hate meat substitutes that try to taste like meat, thus I LOATHE the gristly texture of the sausages. If I wanted food to taste like meat I wouldn't be veggie! >-(

i think that my consultant said that muller had so many complaints from SW members and they lost bundles of money that they have agreed to change the formula. I am waiting for that to happen as i have developed a bit of a yogurt intolerance and thats the last make that i want to try.

Tried quorn once, never again, its not even close to be considered a replacement to meat

I dont eat it as a replacement to meat. Im not a vegetarian but I eat it because it healthy and I like it.

People have weird ideas about Quorn and other no-meat foods - why do they assume it *has* to be "like" meat? Its just a source of protein so convenient for people who dont like/eat meat but it is eaten by carnivores too!

You dont see people walking around saying vegetables or beans are "not even close to be considered a replacement to meat" do you... :confused:

I dont eat it as a replacement to meat. Im not a vegetarian but I eat it because it healthy and I like it.

People have weird ideas about Quorn and other no-meat foods - why do they assume it *has* to be "like" meat? Its just a source of protein so convenient for people who dont like/eat meat but it is eaten by carnivores too!

You dont see people walking around saying vegetables or beans are "not even close to be considered a replacement to meat" do you... :confused:

I think because of the products that they do, ie chicken type cubes, chicken flavoured quorn, cumberland sausage flavoured quorn etc. you dont get chicken flavoured veg or beans.

I do!! Lol! I have Mexican bean stirfry in my freezer so it's actually flavoured with little Mexican people....they're meat lol! :D

Going back to the point in hand, well done Jael for getting in touch with them and making your view heard. Whether this is a good or a bad thing, we all get those staple things that we like so much we have them all the time, the things we buy week in and week out. We might be the only ones, which is why they remove the product, but I think that people should still be aware that it does affect people when they are taken away.

Luckily, in forums like this, we have the opportunity to have good chats about alternatives and new things to try, between us all we can find things we like and all eat delicious healthy food.

I think because of the products that they do, ie chicken type cubes, chicken flavoured quorn, cumberland sausage flavoured quorn etc. you dont get chicken flavoured veg or beans.

:D Chicken flavoured beans! :8855: They should try that! :D

Thats just a marketing thing though, to catch an audience. Its still a bloody fungus :)

Back