Quorn sausages I can't believe it :(

I was looking around tesco today, and saw the 'Best Ever' ones in the chilled cabinets. But the frozen ones don't (yet) have it on, are these then, still half a syn? Sorry to seem dim, but better safe than sorry ;)

I went into Iceland today and managed to get one packet of Quorn Sausages which are the old receipe. I put them thru the syn calculator just to be sure and they came up syn free!:D It looked like someone had gone thru the freezer in search of the sausages! lol! I'm definitely going to go to our other local Iceland to see if I can stock our freezer up on the old receipe Quorn Sausages!:D

Our Lidl had a load in stock today - I've stocked up for 99p for the frozen ones in a tray of 6 :p I've previously only ever bought the frozen ones placky bags (8 or 10 per bag) & thought I still had a small supply from when they were last on offer in Tesco - but horror of horrors - they're the best ever ones :eek:. Hey Ho, might go back to Lidl tomoz.

What about the new and improved recipe ones? Are they syn free?.. And im not talking abou the Best ever recipe ones..

What about the new and improved recipe ones? Are they syn free?.. And im not talking abou the Best ever recipe ones..

I put mine thru the syn calculator just to check; as there are so many variations of quorn sausages - I thought it best to be on the safe side.:)

aliscrapper said:
I put mine thru the syn calculator just to check; as there are so many variations of quorn sausages - I thought it best to be on the safe side.:)

Ok I'll do that too. Thanks Ali x

Personally I'n not a fan of the Linda McC ones - too soft and lacking in substance. Give me a Tesco lincolnshire any day ... yum, yum.

Is this a recent thing, and how do they let people know about the changes. In the recipe book given to my hubby on Thursday night (he joined up on Thursday) its listed as free and he has been eating them by the truckload?! :( Thanks x

Just a few weeks ago - the recipe book will be an old one and not reflect the change. Unfortunately it's just a fact of life - recipes change and so do syn values. Many years ago they used to print lists of changed values in the back of the magazine but now you rely on classes, forums like this, and word of mouth.

Just a few weeks ago - the recipe book will be an old one and not reflect the change. Unfortunately it's just a fact of life - recipes change and so do syn values. Many years ago they used to print lists of changed values in the back of the magazine but now you rely on classes, forums like this, and word of mouth.

Thanks love x

Silly Quorn, they didn't need changing. But regardless for 1 syn each they are very filling and worth the 1syn. In my head they are still free but I may be cautious and lower my consumption of them slightly, 2 instead of 3.

Well, I've just had two Tesco Meat Free Lincolnshire sausages for the first time as my Quorn substitute and they are YUM!!! :p If I have to pay 1 syn for Quorn now anyway these are well worth 1.5.

Totally different to Quorn though, I didnt really use Quorn as sausages, Id have them with salads with spices on or something, but the Tesco ones have looaaads of sage in and are very moist and quite sausage-y. Not exactly delighted about 1.5 syns each so I wont eat them so often, but I'd choose them over the Quorn ones if I have to choose between 1 and 1.5 syns anyway :)

Back