Quorn Sausages

Mumma K

Gold Member
I've just recently tried Quorn sausages and about 2 hours after eating them
ended up with really bad stomach cramps
wondering if they effect anyone else the same apart from the fact the texture is appauling I won't be having them again :giggle:

Are you ok on mushrooms because that is what they are made from sort of. More like a fungus. You may be experiencing trapped wind. Have you any peppermint tea it might help

I have the digestion of an ostrich - nothing but nothing gives me indigestion. Well, that's what I thought until I tried Quorn sausages!!!!

Never again. And I know other people who have the same reaction, so you are definitely not alone!

I have the digestion of an ostrich - nothing but nothing gives me indigestion. Well, that's what I thought until I tried Quorn sausages!!!!

Never again. And I know other people who have the same reaction, so you are definitely not alone!

thank god for that :D
I'm the same no problems with mushrooms or yeast products
had two of the quorn sausages and thought i was having a heart attack :faint2:

When I mentioned this at SW class, there were quite a few people nodding their heads in agreement. Also, quite a few saying they loved them! I think they were mountain goats in disguise - they could probably digest cardboard!!!!!!

Just to defend the poor quorn sausage here, you have to be careful how you cook them because if you overdo them they do dry out and become tough. The cumberland version and the bangers are IMO far superior to the standard one and are particularly yummy. I've also recently tried Tesco Meat Free Lincolnshire sausages that are also syn free and they were very tasty.

The Asda meatfree Lincolnshire sausages are nice too.

Maybe you didn't cook them enough, they have to be heated all the way through, just a thought.

I hope you will feel better soon.

I've eaten quorn items a few times a week since they were launched around 20 years ago. I don't eat meat, so they're a big help with having a hubby who does. I do agree that cooking Quorn is quite different to cooking meat, and the 'fancier' sausages are much nicer than the normal ones, if being eaten on their own. BUT. Have a google, if you haven't already, as, other that the fact that many people don't find them appealing, there have been many severe allergic reactions to Quorn throughout the world. Something akin to anaphalactic (sp) shock, due to the fungus it's made from. Worth keeping in mind for folk who haven't tried it before, especially if they are predisposed to intolerances....but on the whole, I'd say try cooking them differently if using the basic ones.

hth
x

Back