Rachel's Food Diary! I WILL be a slim bride!

So - Tea last night was..

Starter - Ended up not having it, haha! Down to pure laziness, and i wasn't that hungry!

Main - Sausage Casserole - lots of veggies (leek, onion, courgette, peppers and mushrooms) but i had 3 veggie sausages which i think i've worked out were 5 syns each! They were tesco finest, and finest usually means fattening, so that means 15 syns worth of sausages! oooops!

Dessert - Banana with light squirty cream (1 syn) and toffee sauce (3 syns)

Syns for Thursday - 19 syns bad day!

Food Diary for Friday

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Left over veggies and sauce from Sausage Casserole last night. I'm gonna put it inside 2 big mushrooms and bake them with cheese on top (HEa) and have with a salad!

Tea - I'm going to Lauren's for tea tonight (Laurenporkchop on here!) and i THINK this is what we're having...

Starter - Asparagus wrapped in bacon (fat cut off) with chorizo (28g - 2.5 syns)
Main - Homemade chicken burgers, wholemeal bun (HEb), SW wedges, salad and definitely some ketchup (2 syns, i'll definitely have 2 tablespoons at least!)
Dessert - 'Eton Mess' - Meringue nest (2.5 syns), Light squirty cream (1.5 syns) and fruit!

So, hopefully, if all goes to plan, syns for Friday should be 8.5 syns! Fingers crossed!

Friday

Breakfast, lunch and tea were exactly as planned on Friday! I had way more chorizo than planned, but as far as starter and main were concerned, it was all free apart from the chorizo and some ketchup! Dessert was meringue, frozen berries and squirty cream. I'm gonna estimate at 15 syns for Friday, as we kind of stopped counting syns when we realised how nice the chorizo was and how irresistible meringue nests are... :) I like to tell myself that before me and Laurenporkchop started doing slimming world, our Friday nights would have consisted of a huge chinese or indian takeaway and probably one or two vodkas, so who cares if we have a couple more syns than expected, its still a step in the right direction :)

Saturday

Had a lie in on Saturday morning so my first meal of the day was Lunch at about half 12!

Lunch - Mild Cheese and Broccoli Pasta n Sauce (1.5 syns) with extra sweetcorn and bacon (fat cut off) stirred in.

Tea - Tuna, sweetcorn and mayo (1.5 syns) sandwich (HEb) with some cheese (HEa). Bit of a rubbish day but after a lie in and doing jobs around the house and then a huge tesco shop, i was just not in the mood for cooking!

My family run a charity 'soul night' at a local working mens club every other month, so a friend and i went there. Thats another reason tea was so rushed, as i was trying to get ready to go out! So i had a few vodka and diet cokes there. I think i had about 5, so thats 12.5 syns! I was feeling a bit tipsy when i got in though, so had a slice of wholemeal bread (3 syns) with some sweetcorn and mayo (1 syn).
Wierd...but it was 12.30am and i was hungry!
So, syns for saturday was 19.5! Oops!

Sunday

Aiming for 5 syns at the MOST today, to make up for extra syns yesterday, plus its WI tomorrow!

Breakfast - 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEb), bacon (fat cut off), light mayo (1 syn)

Snack - Apple

Lunch - Jacket potato, beans, light cheese (HEa), salad.

Tea - Spaghetti bolognese (spaghetti, extra lean mince, chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, garlic, paprika, worcester sauce, oregano, basil, salt and pepper)

Dessert (if i'm still hungry) - banana and fat free vanilla yoghurt

So hopefully, syns for sunday - 1! We'll see!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

My Sunday did NOT go to plan. Not even slightly to plan. At all.

One of my friends got engaged on Saturday night :) and after lots of texting about it on Sunday, we decided we'd go out for a drink to celebrate! So i ditched my jacket potato that was in the oven (but i have it for my dinner today so it didnt go to waste haha!) and went into town.

We went to Vodka Revolution and got a bottle of prosecco to celebrate - i'd already decided i was having a day off SW and i wasnt going to even bother trying to count the number of syns we would inevitably consume in alcohol! I still tried to be good with my lunch though, and had a 'Grilled chicken flatbread salad' - so foodwise the only syns were in the slightly oily dressing (though there wasnt much of it) and a small flatbread (4.5 syns).

One drink turned into two, which turned into three and so on....

I'd already decided to give up wine for lent (too many syns and gives me a headache!) but after a while it made an appearance! So lots of alcohol later and we ended up in Nandos at 8pm with a chicken wing platter, chips, mash, garlic bread and coleslaw. I feel like i should be ashamed that i had such an absolute fail of a day on SW but its not every day your friend gets engaged and it was definitely cause for celebration, and although it shouldnt, celebration to me definitely means nice food and drink!

So, weighed myself this morning and i've STS. Not bad really, if i can find a way to have a day like i did yesterday once a week and not put on any weight then that is fine with me!

Still, as i say every week. I'm going to try really hard this week for a loss. Last week i gained 1lb, this week i've STS, so i really need to lose 2lb at least by Monday.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 61
So. Food Diary for Monday

Breakfast - Banana and Alpen Light bar (HEb)

Snack - Apple

Lunch - Jacket potato, tuna, sweetcorn, salad and mayo (2 syns)

Snack - Alpen Light Bar (HEb), Clemetine

Tea - Spaghetti Bolognese that we were supposed to have last night, plus some cheese on top (HEa)

if i can find a way to have a day like i did yesterday once a week and not put on any weight then that is fine with me!

That's a good attitude to have :) glad you had a good time!

Just popped into your diary to have a noosey! And I must say your sunday, "absolute fail"? No no no Nandos and alcohol sounds like an epic sunday to me! And if you STS then well done! amazing! Look foward to following your progress! x

Haha, Thanks ZoeSB22, it was one of the best Sunday's i've had in a while and it was completely worth it! Chipmunk89, thank you! I did have a great time :) x

So, my Monday went completely to plan. Only syns for the day was some mayo with my lunch and i had both my HE's (2 x light alpen bars and some light cheese) so i'm feeling good.

I'm off work today, i've been feeling like i've been getting a cold for ages and woke up this morning with a pounding head and a sore throat. We only work in a small office and once someone gets ill, everyone ends up with it, and 2 people have been off with the flu recently so i hope it wont come to that! Decided to have a day resting today anyway, so i've had much more sleep than usual and been curled up on the sofa all morning and to be honest i feel a bit better already.

Food diary for Tuesday

Breakfast - 1 x light alpen bar (HEb)

Lunch - Left over bologenese from tea last night, with pasta.

Snack - Apple

Tea - I've got the filling for a kind of makeshift shephards pie in the slow cooker. Lean beef chunks, mushrooms, carrots, garden peas, red onion, leeks, garlic, worcester sauce, bay leaves, rosemary, a bit of paprika and gravy made up of bisto onion gravy granules. I'm going to make some mashed potato for the top using my HEa allowance of milk and 2 tsp butter (3 syns). I'm also going to have broccoli and cabbage with it, and maybe 1 small yorkshire pudding (3 syns) as i'm making toad in the hole for OH, so might not be able to resist!

Dessert will be my other light alpen bar from my HEb.

So hopefully, today will only be 6 syns. I may have two yorkshires, if i'm feeling like it :)

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Mmm, shepherds pie sounds yummy - I think the gravy granules will be synned too though - I think it's 1 Syn per level tsp :)

Ooh I never know about syning gravy granuals, it always confuses me cos stock cubes are free aren't they? That's not too bad though, only 4tsp in the slow cooker and I definitely won't use all the gravy. Thanks for letting me know, I won't have that extra Yorkshire afterall!

Ooh I never know about syning gravy granuals, it always confuses me cos stock cubes are free aren't they? That's not too bad though, only 4tsp in the slow cooker and I definitely won't use all the gravy. Thanks for letting me know, I won't have that extra Yorkshire afterall!

Yeah, it confused me at first too. They use startch in the gravy granules which is why it thickens up unlike stock cubes. That's where the syns come from :)

So i ended up making enough shepherds pie for a week last night!
The total syns in the whole thing i've divided by 4 as i only had 1/4!

Gravy Granules - 8 syns (4 tsp in the sauce to cook the beef and veg in, and i made up a fresh batch to have on top)
Mashed Potato - 3 syns (3 tsp of lurpack lightest) and i used 250ml of skimmed milk. I counted this as my HE even though i only had 1/4 of the mash...which i probably shouldnt have! I dont know the syns of 62.5ml of milk though, ha!

So that's 3 syns roughly for the shepherds pie :)

Dessert was a banana, my 2nd alpen bar from my HEb, 1tbsp light squirty cream (0.5 syn) and a drizzle of toffee sauce (3 syns)

So - syns for Tuesday were 6.5!

Food Diary for Wednesday

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Sandwich made with 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEb), lean ham, light cheese (HEa) and light mayo (1 syn)

Snack - Apple, satsuma

Tea - Stir Fry. (Lean pork, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn, peas, beansprouts, courgette, peppers, soy sauce)

I'm going to the cinema tonight so i might treat myself to something seeing as i'll have only had 1 syn from my mayo all day. Any ideas of anything i could get to take to the cinema/from the cinema that will be relatively low in syns?! They do a Ben and Jerrys frozen yoghurt there...not sure on the syn value though!

ben and jerrys is 13 for 2 scoops i read on here somewhere yesterday. I don't buy food in the cinema i just have a drink now cos when i start i want more.

Hmm, so does that mean i could have 2 scoops and just put up with using 14 syns for today? Or, i could try and think of something i could just go and buy from tesco beforehand for 9 syns or less and only use 10. Decisions!

I'd go tesco and buy one of there snack sized grape box things, and maybe bag of magic stars. But thats just me xD

Back